Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It was all in part for blaming him for his death.
    Again though, he was dead. How they rationalized it doesn't really matter. Its not like he became Red Hood and started attacking everyone when he came back because he heard about the criticisms they had about him when he was dead.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-01-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Really wish they would just go with the Lazarus Pit explanation for Jason’s return. It’s way easier to explain than that ridiculous Superboy punch or Batman (The World’s Greatest Detective) somehow not realizing Jason wasn’t dead. I have no idea why Johns has decided to make it even more convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really wish they would just go with the Lazarus Pit explanation for Jason’s return. It’s way easier to explain than that ridiculous Superboy punch or Batman (The World’s Greatest Detective) somehow not realizing Jason wasn’t dead. I have no idea why Johns has decided to make it even more convoluted.
    I like the mystery feel that him resurrecting by something else brings to the table. And I like the digging out his own grave scene too. I know a lot of people likes the easier way, the pit. But it's not very appealing to me. And it happened to a bunch of other characters too, so it's not something really different either.

The punch is just so inaccessible.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

One day he was dead, the next he wasn’t. Just leave the definite cause unknown and spin it as a mystery Bruce has never been able to solve.

It’s not like DC doesn’t Universe shattering effects on a regular basis so his spontaneous resurrection could be an unintended side effect to any one them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    One day he was dead, the next he wasn’t. Just leave the definite cause unknown and spin it as a mystery Bruce has never been able to solve.

It’s not like DC doesn’t Universe shattering effects on a regular basis so his spontaneous resurrection could be an unintended side effect to any one them.
    It's not a bad idea, honestly.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That is the way his resurrection happened post Flashpoint, as matter of fact.

This is from Secret Origins #5

Incredible Member

The comedians fantasy scene at the start made not sense. It was both crazy and rational at the same time.

Imagining himself still with his wife and child is one thing. But the whole thing with his son, that implies he's imagining himself as a potentially abusive father, what purpose does that serve.

Why is he imagining how other imaginary character would feel about is presence? When your imagining some idealised fantasy, people don't often think about how the scenario would effect other people.

And I definitely can see the joker thinking about how his actions effect others.....

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That is the way his resurrection happened post Flashpoint, as matter of fact.

This is from Secret Origins #5
    Didn't Talia pour a Pit juice on the grave and that's why he broke out?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Crazy speculation of mine: Johns is building towards Criminal Joker revealing Bruce was planned to be a Joker. Having Chill murder the Waynes was the "one bad day" first step towards this goal. Perhaps Crim Joker accessing the Wayne fortune to fund experiments/empire was part of the motivation.

I hope Johns isn't going here as I utterly reject all Burtonesque "Joker killing Waynes" (directly or indirectly) stuff.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

That's a pretty good theory, actually. I'm gonna break from the mold and say I'm not necessarily opposed on principle to the Joker being added to the story of the Wayne murders. Not only is Batman '89 one of the most well-known Bat-things of all time, but in the comics, it's been decades since anything was done with the Wayne deaths. The secrets of Krypton's destruction, Themyscira's origins, and tons of other saga-spanning secret lore are regularly played with and woven decently depending on the writer, but with Batman, we don't get that. It's basically the biggest thing you could possibly do in terms of importance to Bat-lore.

Now, the only problem is, Johns is writing it. This entire four and a half year charade has been lame as hell so I have no faith he is going to stick the landing, and it may very well implode the franchise. But, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I believe it is Red Hood #0 that depicts that, but it's really unclear if it was meant to be taken literally. Either way, kinda weird that Talia was just standing there waiting for Jason to rise out of his grave.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn’t mind Joker retroactively trying to turn Bruce into the next Joker. It’s not like it would be all that hard for either Joker to force a confession out of chill & spin it however the Criminal pleases.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Nope.

RHATO 0 only says that after dying, Jason's next memory was awakening inside the pit. Something that can be easily read as the N52 version also having brain damage until he was dropped into the pit like the pre FP take.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I believe it is Red Hood #0 that depicts that, but it's really unclear if it was meant to be taken literally. Either way, kinda weird that Talia was just standing there waiting for Jason to rise out of his grave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Nope.

RHATO 0 only says that after dying, Jason's next memory was awakening inside the pit. Something that can be easily read as the N52 version also having brain damage until he was dropped into the pit like the pre-FP take.
    I keep forgetting I actually have that issue. Yeah, it wasn't Talia and it wasn't a pit juice. It was his mother and her tear crying above his grave. In that version, she survived and wearing the exact same jacket she wore when she's reunited with Jason in Joker's version of the story (In Jason's version she's wearing a blouse).

Well, the juice won't penetrate the casket 6 feet under anyway now that I think about it. It's Talia waiting for him to come out that screw with my memory.

All-New Member

Do you think Joe Chill will be the next Joker?