Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

What a waste! The second issue was one of the most damn squibs of a comic I have read. Geoff has also typically undermined Bruce and has him ghosting him through the storyline barely showing any emotions apart from being scared of Chill to the point of being unable to growl in his Batman voice. Barbara is also all over the place; disliking Jason to caring about him to kissing him. She seems to have run the gamut of emotions. Joe Chill making a appearance was foreshadowed both in #1 and Darkseid war Batman one shot but he seems somehow unnecessary to the story. In fact this whole storyline is now looking to be unnecessary and just gimmicky.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    That's a pretty good theory, actually. I'm gonna break from the mold and say I'm not necessarily opposed on principle to the Joker being added to the story of the Wayne murders. Not only is Batman '89 one of the most well-known Bat-things of all time, but in the comics, it's been decades since anything was done with the Wayne deaths. The secrets of Krypton's destruction, Themyscira's origins, and tons of other saga-spanning secret lore are regularly played with and woven decently depending on the writer, but with Batman, we don't get that. It's basically the biggest thing you could possibly do in terms of importance to Bat-lore.
    I think one could make an argument that this is one of the reasons why Superman and Wonder Woman are trailing behind Batman. When things work maybe they should be left alone. Everyone knows how his parents died. But why Krypton went boom? Chances are that if you are not reading latest Superman run then you don't really know.

Astonishing Member

The story of the Wayne Murders is always soundly the same, but motivation behind the Wayne Murders is changed constantly.

It's Lew Moxon's gangster hand at play ... no it's Doctor Hurt's Satanic conspiracy ... no it's Joe Chill was never caught ... no Batman caught him ... no Batman got him killed! ... no Joe Chill is still alive in Blackgate but the JOKER knows everything and has him on retainer! No it was Jack Napier not Joe Chill!

Kind of no different than "Well, Krypton Exploded" ... but you know, oh it was a Cosmic Conspiracy of politics! No it was Brainiac! No it was just that planet's natural time! No it was Rogol Zaar!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    The story of the Wayne Murders is always soundly the same, but motivation behind the Wayne Murders is changed constantly.

It's Lew Moxon's gangster hand at play ... no it's Doctor Hurt's Satanic conspiracy ... no it's Joe Chill was never caught ... no Batman caught him ... no Batman got him killed! ... no Joe Chill is still alive in Blackgate but the JOKER knows everything and has him on retainer! No it was Jack Napier not Joe Chill!

Kind of no different than "Well, Krypton Exploded" ... but you know, oh it was a Cosmic Conspiracy of politics! No it was Brainiac! No it was just that planet's natural time! No it was Rogol Zaar!
    I'm trying to remember what's the last version of that, and I think it's Tomasi writing him as enjoying killing The Waynes when Batman God of Knowledge visited him

before that, in The Dark Knight #0 when Bruce returned from his world travel expecting a conspiracy or some kind of grand plan, he found Joe Chill drunk and admitted he just wanted the pearl because he needed it.

Meanwhile with Wonder Woman it's usually just a question of why Steve Trevor crashed on the island and what spurs Diana to come to Man's World.

(And was there a contest?)

Is there where Three Jokers #2 discussion belongs with spoilers?

Or can a new thread dedicated to issue #2 be created?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Is there where Three Jokers #2 discussion belongs with spoilers?

Or can a new thread dedicated to issue #2 be created?
    Here’s fine.

Ok thanks.

I enjoyed this issue again, but I feel like everyone is being very casual about the realization that there are in fact 3 Jokers. The first issue was like "there's no way the Joker could have committed all these acts at the same time", now its just widely accepted there were 3 of them, and I feel there should be more freaking out by the Batfolk who have been dealing with this maniac for years.

Batman especially is being very casual about everything, save for confronting Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Batman especially is being very casual about everything, save for confronting Chill.
    Barbara: Jason killed Joker while he was tied up!
    Bruce: It's cool, yo.
    Barbara: Last week you got on him for cussing out a picture of Joker!
    Bruce: You sound stressed. Have you tried yoga?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    HAHA, exactly. This second issue really threw me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The funny thing is people don't seem to agree who is out of character in that scene.

Some people say Batman is out of character because he is too calm and comprehensive about Jason killing Joker, while Barbara's reaction to this situation is fine.

However, other people say Batman's reaction is fine (and should be the normal), while Barbara is out of character because she shouldn't care so much about Jason killing Joker.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-10-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The funny thing is people don't seem to agree who is OC in that scene.

Some people say Batman is OC because he is too calm and comprehensive about Jason killing Joker, while Barbara's reaction to this situation is fine.

However, other people say Batman's reaction is fine (and should be the normal), while Barbara is OC because she shouldn't care so much about Jason killing Joker.

What is OC?

Astonishing Member

What is OC?
    Out of character

I wrote that bad. Sorry.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-10-2020 at 02:58 PM.

What is OC?
    Supposed to be OOC. Out Of Character. OC is Original Character.