Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

So do Babs, Jason and Bruce get to crush a Joker each.Revenge time.

Maybe it’s just me but did anyone else think that the original appearance joker resembled the Arkham Asylum joker when you first saw him?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Has DC scheduled a date yet for when the first issue will be coming out?

Last I heard was possibly sometime this winter?

I just noticed this is under the DC Black Label. I'm not ready to see Joker's joybuzzer, let one three of them.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If Barbara gets to beat the ever loving **** out of the TKJ Joker, this whole thing will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If Barbara gets to beat the ever loving **** out of the TKJ Joker, this whole thing will be worth it.
    If this was written by John Ostrander, or Gail Simone, or Maighread Scott, I could see a possible rework of the TKJ Joker featuring Barbara Gordon as something that could work decently.

But with the events of TKJ still being canon, this being a Joker-centered story, and written by Geoff Johns? My confidence in the story not going into very bad places is very low.

BANNED

I wonder if the criminal joker (the one in zero year,endgame,metal,currently in justice league)is one of them three or is a fourth one....

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey yeah, that's a good question. All the Jokers are old Jokers. The most recent one is A Death in The Family.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    If this was written by John Ostrander, or Gail Simone, or Maighread Scott, I could see a possible rework of the TKJ Joker featuring Barbara Gordon as something that could work decently.

But with the events of TKJ still being canon, this being a Joker-centered story, and written by Geoff Johns? My confidence in the story not going into very bad places is very low.
    Maybe I should clarify that this will almost be worth it.

Johns' history with Barbara herself doesn't lead me to believe he would do wrong by her though. I don't think he's ever cared for the events of TKJ, or leaving her in the wheelchair. His building up to her being Batgirl in the EO books is one of the few redeeming things about them. The rest of this may be bad, but Batgirl is the one thing I'm not worried too much about.

I don't read bat books until recently (White Knight) Love the character design art for this book and would have loved to see that artist on the book. Seeing these interiors have me underwhelmed. Oh well, I'll wait to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I wonder if the criminal joker (the one in zero year,endgame,metal,currently in justice league)is one of them three or is a fourth one....
    Jason Fabok confirmed on twitter that current joker is one of the three.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Jason Fabok confirmed on twitter that current joker is one of the three.
    Ooh, this is fun.

If we're assuming that the current Joker is predominantly Snyder's Joker, as in he's the one in Metal, Endgame, Death of The Family, Zero Year and War of Jokes and Riddles, he's also the person who poisoned the water supply, shot Barbara and killed Jason Todd, but the location of where he killed Jason changed from Ethiopia to Qurac in Rebirth Outlaws.

I thought it was strange that the location was changed in Rebirth when in New 52 it was still Ethiopia. So if we take this as deliberate change and not a mistake, I want to say that the current Joker isn't A Death in The Family Joker.

Then, as far as I remember, Golden Age Joker didn't poison the water supply. That was the work of Post Crisis Joker in The Man Who Laughs, whose relation to the other three so far undetermined.

So for now, my guess is the current Joker is from The Killing Joke since nothing about Barbara's ordeal has been changed. Gail Simone expanded on the backstory for one of the Joker goons and the current Jim Gordon is younger, but that's the only change I remember.

Don't take this seriously. I'm just having fun.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-06-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Plus there's an ongoing theory that Joker (don't ask me which) is also the son of Marionette and Mime from Watchmen universe.

so will any of these Jokers' have a secret, real name? just wondering.

Extraordinary Member

I can anyway not really see what the difference between these 3 version of the Joker is. All of them had some quite goofy stories and some quite dark (unless you give the 60s Joker a huge part of the Golden Age stories and the TKJ most of the Bronze Age Stories).
    But that leaves hardly any Stories for the Golden Age Joker, and I still don't really see the difference between him and the TKJ Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by emarie View Post
    i'll be onboard for the concept if jason can kill at least one of them.
    Ha!! This!!!
    #MagnetoWasRight