Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast

Just finished reading this. WTF was that. Nothing happened. Literally nothing happened. We waited since Darkseid War back in 2015 for this? WTF I thought I bought the wrong book for a minute. I kind of cant believe it.

Mighty Member

I echo the above. I'd seen the reviews but decided to grab the HC anyway - some times people just get something different out of a book than I do - this was it? I've always been a little leery of Johns with Batman, but this was just . . . nothing. I kind of see how this story works in an omniverse kind of way, but Jason and Bruce's relationship was so off (Bruce fine w/Jason killing because he feels sorry for him, Jason feeling like no one likes him). Both are just so out of character/chronology - Jason has been part of the crew in both books after Rebirth, Bruce has never been pro-shoot 'em in the head. Whatever. It's done. I don't need a sequel
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    What worries me for a sequel to Three Jokers is... well, where exactly can they go from there? Have Barbara and Jason hook up for real? Have the Comedian's family turn up in the plot?

The only thing that has any weight is exploring the Criminal and the Clown's backstories, and that would just raise the question as to how Bruce was able to figure out the Comedian's backstory so quickly but fail so bad with the other two.
    I agree. Well said.

In Three Jokers, how the police told Joker the lie that his wife died and hid her....it makes no sense actually, he should have received or seen her body. Johns must not want you to think about such things, because the moment you do, it falls apart.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-19-2020 at 05:14 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree. Well said.

In Three Jokers, how the police told Joker the lie that his wife died and hid her....it makes no sense actually, he should have received or seen her body. Johns must not want you to think about such things, because the moment you do, it falls apart.
    He didn't think about a lot of things. This was objectively bad in so many ways.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

So this was dud? I don't think there much plan to begin with then. Maybe someone else should have handled it. After DDC beginning to question whether Johns was even that good of a writer like I enjoyed Parker's AM more if I am being honest.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Parker's AM definitely had better character development, while Johns was all epic worldbuilding that often ended up making little sense.

I'm getting the idea that this and Doomsday Clock were collectively "Geoff Johns Tries To Refute Alan Moore. It Doesn't Go Well."

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It's pretty obvious that was Johns' intention.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

From the sounds of it, my Joker fatigue spared me a lot of disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    At least the artwork was good.

Last edited by Menacer; 01-09-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Same for me actually. I don't hate this story like a lot of people clearly do and hell, I actually enjoyed everything that had to do with Joe Chill but it didn't really feel like it added anything to the Batman/Joker mythos.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At least the artwork was good.
    Only positive takeaway of this I have is that Batgirl looked great for the first time in eons.

BANNED

So... was it ever explained how there were Three Jokers? As in, how was the original able to make two exact copies of himself, that Batman could never tell apart? Yeah, I know Faber claimed there were subtle differences between the three, but that was a load of bull since obviously Batman then would be able to differentiate them...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

For the story to work Batman needs to be dumb (the worlds greatest detective is unaware of the Joker being 3 people with different ages and personalities) and it felt so grim I had to laugh out loud