Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batman's smart but he's also really stubborn. If he convinces himself that Joker's only one person who's chaotic, unpredictable and always evolving, just like him not believing The Court of Owls or having problem solving the Holiday killer or the Hangman murder because he's too focused on one person, or that a child shot his parents instead of a robber like he experienced... he'll only change his mind in the face of irrefutable evidence.
    In a well written story I can see that working. In fact, I'm totally willing to buy that Batman has a blindspot when it comes to the Joker in general. I can see him totally buying into the unpredictable chaos aspects of the Joker, when Dick or Tim could look at something Joker was doing and just go "Oh, those are just some old popculture references he's basing his crimes on. I bet next he'll ..."

Sadly though, this wasn't a smart story.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    Was it ever explained how Joker was able to 'create' three nearly identical clones that went unnoticed for years? Even if we accept that Batman is just a dumbass for not noticing minute differences, I don't get what the explanation was other than he had a cloning machine a la The Prestige... none of the people he 'jokerized' in the actual mini looked remotely like him to begin with.
    Even given the idea that he COULD create them, if there are two other completely unpredictable spotlight hogs out there in addition to the real Joker, how have they never gotten in each other's way over the years?

Has there never been an instance where Joker robbed the first bank of Gotham while at the same time across town was kidnapping famous comedians?
    Has there never been two Jokers show up at the same time trying to recruit a gang for their latest schemes?
    Has Batman never tracked down Joker's lair only for it not to be the Joker that did the crimes he's investigating?
    If somebody writers a bad article about Joker in the paper, why does only one Joker show up?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think we are going to have to talk about Flashpoint beyond #5 now, Geoff Johns did something that plays with the ending of Three Jokers.

spoilers:
    They just casually drop his possible real name. Martha Wayne in the reborn Flashpoint went looking for the original joker and found he was a happy family man named Jack Oswald White and we see an image that is clearly the wife from killing joke, the son, and the Joker. And given how the Flashpoint earth is just a crack mirror version of the main earth….well maybe we have the Jokers name according to Geoff Johns.
    end of spoilers
    Man, Geoff Johns must have one hell of an ego to need to bring that miserable overblown waste of a story back up!

I think we are going to have to talk about Flashpoint beyond #5 now, Geoff Johns did something that plays with the ending of Three Jokers.

spoilers:
    They just casually drop his possible real name. Martha Wayne in the reborn Flashpoint went looking for the original joker and found he was a happy family man named Jack Oswald White and we see an image that is clearly the wife from killing joke, the son, and the Joker. And given how the Flashpoint earth is just a crack mirror version of the main earth….well maybe we have the Jokers name according to Geoff Johns.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    uh... they couldn't get a more creative middle name than "Oswald", sharing space with Penguin? lol.

end of spoilers

oh well. Have fun. As long as it lasts?

I don't see anyone but Geoff Johns acknowledging this .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    1ba68a7617a03b5b36b2b26b8786f5ed22fdb239.jpg

Of course he did, Johns has been building to this since the end of the New 52. I'm amazed he didn't do it in Three Jokers (but he had a whole bunch of even worse ideas to cram in there).

As with the rest of Flashpoint Beyond, I won't bother to read it, remember it or acknowledge it as continuity.

I really don't know what people get out of Johns' writing. He has been really bad since Blackest Night (at the latest).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!