Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like there was a flashback to when Odin took him in, but that's about as much as I recall.
    I don't remember that. but I remember he and Laufey (Dark Reign era).

Mighty Member

Turner D. Century, Water Wizard, El Jaguar.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Nah, even Stan wrote him as a person dedicated on saving his people even if it mean wiping out HIS enemy, the normal humans. From Magneto standpoint he is the good guy and humans are the bad guys. For Mutants who were bully, enslaved, beaten, and killed they would see it the same way. Therefore Magneto has always been more of a Anti-Hero/Villain.
    We disagree. His first appearances were all about "I want all the power, and fear, not loyalty." (paraphrase). He believed mutants were the superior race, deserving to dominate humans (who he believed would kill them out of fear) but he also believed he was superior among mutants. There was no nobility in that, until Claremont came along, just powerlust.

Had he been mistreated? Pretty sure. Was there anything heroic to him? There was not.

Loki (Avengers), Doom (F4), Magneto (X-Men),

or

Thanos, Red Skull, Norman Osborn
    Last edited by Mutant God; 06-12-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Personally I'd rate Kingpin above Gobby. Gobby was dead for a long time, and frankly I hadn't even heard of the guy until relatively recently. I wasn't alive when he snuffed Gwen, and he was dead during my childhood through teen years. Kingpin, though, was a relatively big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Personally I'd rate Kingpin above Gobby. Gobby was dead for a long time, and frankly I hadn't even heard of the guy until relatively recently. I wasn't alive when he snuffed Gwen, and he was dead during my childhood through teen years. Kingpin, though, was a relatively big deal.
    Yes but the biggest thing would be taking over SHIELD during Dark Reign and branded Avengers into criminals, making the X-Men "leave" America and had America start an invasion on Asgard. I guess I'll change my answer from Goblin to Osborn.

From an outsiders perspective (or someone who is only really familiar with Marvel from the 60s, 70s and 80s) it's

Dr. Doom
    Magneto
    Red Skull

Personal favorites, Doom, Thanos, Kraven

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

My thinking:
    #1 is Doom and for better part of the Marvel Era has been.
    #2 & 3 would probably come from this group: Magneto, Thanos, Green Goblin and Red Skull. If I had to say now at this moment, with Infinity War at the front of public consciousness then Thanos makes the grade and just based on sheer popularity since the late 80s I’d give Magneto a default edge, at least until the other contenders are shining in their moments of evil delight. But this changes with the tides. Loki, Kang, Doc Ock, Carnage, Zemo, Apocalypse could always make a good run at it too given their devious due. You could have said Killmonger a couple months back based off his film buzz.

My 3 for June 2018 is Doom, Thanos, Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    From an outsiders perspective (or someone who is only really familiar with Marvel from the 60s, 70s and 80s) it's

Dr. Doom
    Magneto
    Red Skull

Personal favorites, Doom, Thanos, Kraven
    Kraven would be a contender if I were to make a top 3 spider-man villains; simply because he buried Peter. it'd still be a very tight race. Green Goblin-Doctor Octopus-Venom

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Yes but the biggest thing would be taking over SHIELD during Dark Reign and branded Avengers into criminals, making the X-Men "leave" America and had America start an invasion on Asgard. I guess I'll change my answer from Goblin to Osborn.
    Osborn definitely leveled up post Ellis-Thunderbolts. it's one of the reasons why I really like him as a villain. despite the damage that he has done to Spider-man's life, he's still very much an underdog. he's hungry to be more; not used to just inspiring fear with his presence like a Magneto or Doom.