All-New Member

Default Comic books to read for Spider-Man PS4

Hello. I'm a new member of the community so let me briefly introduce myself. My name is Val and I'm 24 years old. I'm very excited about getting my hands on Spider-Man on PS4 this september. While I think I might have read one or two comic books when I was just a kid, I was never into this whole culture. Mostly because it wasn't a thing in my country but I'd like to change that and I'm hoping for your help. What would you say I should read in preparation for the new Spider-Man game? Perhaps something related to mr. negative or something else. I'd like to know exact names of specific comic books.

Kind regards,
    Val
    Last edited by ValBal; 06-16-2018 at 10:43 AM.

BANNED

I think Yuri Watanabe is in the game, so I would check out issues featuring her, like "Ghost of Jean DeWolf" and the Spiral mini-series from Gerry Conway.

There's also a prequel novel tying in with the game coming out, but bugger if I remember the name of it

Based on everything I've seen about the game, it does seem like you can go into it with only a general knowledge of the characters and you will be perfectly fine.

If you're looking for good Mr. Negative stories I would say there's his introduction, Amazing Spider-Man #548-550 - Brand New Day, Dark Reign: Mr. Negative #1-3, Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 4) #6-8 - The Dark Kingdom, and the aforementioned Spiral - Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 4) #16.1-20.1.

I would say any story with the Sinister Six involved may be good, since we now know they will be in it, maybe a Miles Morales story since we know he'll be in it. We're still pretty light on plot information so it's hard to exactly figure out good stories that would be good companion pieces for the game.

I would strongly recommend New Avengers 2005 series issues 1-7 (or whatever issue that ends the first arc with), and Marvel Knights Spider-Man 1-12.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

All-New Member

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll look for sinister six comic books and brand new day comix. Thanks!
    Last edited by ValBal; 06-18-2018 at 02:10 AM.