Mighty Member

Default DOCUMENTARIES on comics you wanna see?

As for me, I wanna see a National Geographic special : "Uncle Scrooge's Geographic adventures" a documentary on the life of Carl Barks and the NG mags he referred to when making his Donald Duck/Uncle Scrooge adventures. Some ideas and images he took directly from the magazines. Duck fans such as George Lucas could provide commentary...

and YOU?

BANNED

I would really like to see a documentary regarding Spider- Man. There is the Kirby vs Ditko controversy, there is the importance and the change that Spidey brought and so many other factors that i can't remember

There is also a very cotroversial subject that i would like to see. A documentary regarding One More Day, a storyline with many backstage events that took place.

Haha, one more day is also the first thing i thought of.

The backstage of a fiasco.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

You could do a whole documentary TV series on great comics creators... artists and writers, books and strips. You wouldn't run out of material very soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

Α fiasco indeed but it would be interesting to see what transpired behind the scenes and from what i have red, it was quite a bit of a scenery.

I know there was an Image Comics documentary that came out on DVD a couple of years back. If anyone saw it, how was it? I'm trying to purchase it.

There's been a few great multi-part comics documentaries that focus on the superhero or 'big two' side of things: one for (I think) History Channel in the early '00s and another for PBS just a year or two ago. I'd like one that covered American comic books in their totality, not just superheroes and not just DC and Marvel but also covered EC Comics, Archie, Dell's Disney comics, R. Crumb and the indie scene of the '60s and '70s, the surprise success of the TMNT and the resulting black and white boom and bust in the mid-'80s, all the way up to stuff like Image Comics and webcomics/self publishing/Kickstarter today.

Maybe three two hour episodes to cover it all? If it was a hit you could do a sequel season, only this time each two hour episode would be themed on a different aspect: Newspaper comics, manga, and European comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

Hah, I'd want to see the (d)evolution of the Clone Saga.

Mighty Member

Would love a VH1 doco on who the musicians in "the Archies" were and what happened to them after Sugar-sugar...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I would like a documentary on Legion of Superheroes. Also one on The Sandman or all Neil Gaiman works

BANNED

Come to a think of it, i would also love to see a Rom Spaceknight documentary.