Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Both Iron Man sequels were pretty good. IM3 a little less so but not because of the Mandarin. Indeed, rather than ruining the character, the movie took a character that sucks and actually made him fun and interesting, not to mention plausible. But the armor fight at the end was confusing, poorly edited, and too long.
    Yeah I thought both were pretty good. IM2 suffered a bit from starting to have a villain with some real substance but never really doing anything with him except for little hints.

I really don't get the dislike of IM3 on these boards. It did great at the box office and, I thought, was a tremendous finale for the character. And, yes, it took a villain that was a walking racial caricature in the comics and caught us by surprise by making him something else. Most people I know rate it the best of the three though I personally think the first one was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raderman12 View Post
    I honestly believe people need to revisit Dark Knight Rises, because a lot of the plotholes that people claim to be plotholes dissolve with multiple viewings. Some need the other 2 movies in the trilogy to properly connect to. That said, there are things in the film that are not anywhere close to perfect and do disappoint, but to have it on the list over iron man 3 is a misstep.

TDKR biggest flaw over the other 2 movies is that it simply does not work on its own, and for that reason, it cant be viewed on its own. You really need to be familiar with begins and dark knight to fully understand whats going on in Rises with the character stuff and the league of shadows stuff. But the one big plus nobody ever brings up, is that its written in a way that bends Batman Begins and the Dark Knight into 2 acts of a 3 act structure. Which, for an unintentional trilogy capper to do that, I honestly think is impressive. The flaws are there, but its not without merit. Lets not pretend Dark Knight is perfect either.
    Dark Knight Rises may be a disappointing sequel compared to "The Dark Knight" in that it didn't quite live up to its immediate predecessor but I'd still put it in the top ten super hero movies, well, maybe top 15 now that there are so many super hero movies.

I don't quite get the "unintentional trilogy capper." I thought a trilogy was pretty much the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Dark Knight Rises may be a disappointing sequel compared to "The Dark Knight" in that it didn't quite live up to its immediate predecessor but I'd still put it in the top ten super hero movies, well, maybe top 15 now that there are so many super hero movies.

I don't quite get the "unintentional trilogy capper." I thought a trilogy was pretty much the plan.
    I'm suprised that the Dark Knight trilogy is in this specific forum at all. If crap sequels are to be discussed let's get into Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2 and the last Spiderman, oof! Out of those, the biggest for me was Thor 2 since I expected NOTHING from the other three. Furthermore, turning Jaimie Fox into the nutty professor is some catastrophic nonsense even I didn't expect!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    TDK was probably a better work of film than DKR but, in a lot of ways, I found DKR to be a more enjoyable movie experience. When people asked me what I thought about The Dark Knight, when I first saw it, my thumbnail review was that I thought it was a really good movie, but I'm not sure I enjoyed it very much. It was interesting to me how many people agreed with that assessment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    TDK was probably a better work of film than DKR but, in a lot of ways, I found DKR to be a more enjoyable movie experience. When people asked me what I thought about The Dark Knight, when I first saw it, my thumbnail review was that I thought it was a really good movie, but I'm not sure I enjoyed it very much. It was interesting to me how many people agreed with that assessment.
    I thought the same thing! Dark Knight was hailed by critics as being arguably the best superhero film up to that time and I know I agreed with them, but watching it just wasn't... fun somehow. Meanwhile Dark Knikght Rises is a lot of fun to watch even though it's not as high in quality.

Extraordinary Member

X-Men Last Stand for the worst, closely followed by Spider-Man 3.

Batman and Robin for the worst of all time.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

My big ones: The Dark Knight Rises, Iron Man 2 and 3, X-Men: The Last Stand and Blade: Trinity.

Ultimate Member

Batman and Robin
    Superman 3 and 4
    Thor 2
    Spider-man 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I thought the same thing! Dark Knight was hailed by critics as being arguably the best superhero film up to that time and I know I agreed with them, but watching it just wasn't... fun somehow. Meanwhile Dark Knikght Rises is a lot of fun to watch even though it's not as high in quality.
    Sort of like "Million Dollar Baby", a movie I went to see because I was told it was basically a female Rocky, a woman who wanted to become a boxer. I'm glad I saw it- once it was over. It was a great movie but I would never have watched it had I known what it was going to be like and I will probably never watch it again. I have to be in a really weird mood to watch something that involves that kind of realistic pain and suffering.

It's interesting to me that my favorite line in TDK was the Tiny Lester line (I think that's his name): "Give it to me and I will do what you should have done ten minutes ago." Tosses it out of the ship.

As predicted on a thread like this, we get certain movies where some people say, "Oh yeah, that was one of the all-time bad super hero movies" and the other group that says, "What is wrong with you? That was one of the best super hero movies ever made."

Dark Knight Rises
    Spider-Man 2 (second series)
    Iron-Man 3

just to name a few.

In my opinion and that of many other people, SM2 may be the best Spider-Man movie ever made and IM 3 the best IM movie while other people perceive them as the worst.

I personally thought IM3 did a fantastic job of getting into Stark's mind and was a wonderful finale for the character.

And Spider-Man 2? The depth of characterization is just a step above everything that's been done before.