Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

The Dark Knight Rises was just really awkward. It had a ridiculous plot but took itself so seriously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises was just really awkward. It had a ridiculous plot but took itself so seriously.
    So it's like every Batman story after 1985?

edit scratch that 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Right, Vaughn was originally slated as the director for X3 when Singer left.
    Vaughn left the project and Ratner was tapped.
    Yeah, it should read "Brett Ratner stepped in for Matthew Vaughn, who had stepped in for Bryan Singer." I was just bagging on Paulo for making a mistake while attempting to correct somebody else's mistake.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I think it stands as a testament to the quality work put into these superhero action movies that about 75% of the sequel films listed here aren't terrible per se. There's no Batman & Robin madness or 1990 Captain America campiness for the most part. The worst of the bunch is probably Blade Trinity, and that's mostly because of what great films the previous 2 were, and Trinity just being cluttered with characters who aren't Blade, and being hindered by a ludicrous plot.
    The problems with Blade Trinity are A) Too much on Biel and Reynolds who while aren't bad, do take the spotlight off Blade- Biel in particular annoyed me for wearing a headset during battle. Seriously? You're going to cut off a major sense in combat. Come on?

B) Dracula sucked. Not scary. Just some handsome dude. His full on monster form wasn't bad for the 5 min we saw it, but he was in full out model handsomeness (not scary or imposing in any way) the whole movie. Terrible casting. I get that they wanted a guy who could go hand to hand with blade. But don't cast some musclebound pretty boy. Seriously.

C) Other comic relief badguys. NONE of them were scary. A couple of comic relief baddies... okay. I kind of liked the girl, she could be funny and was at least a little freaky. But the wrestler dude was just a big no acting talent dude. (Triple H? I don't know wrestling..) If he was just some dude to be killed, for a scene, fine. No, he was one of the main antagonists... him, the chick, and Dracula. Ugh...

Still, I like Blade movies, and I still find it watchable. I prefer it to the Rise of the Silver Surfer (Galactus Cloud.... come on... )

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    I do, and honestly have no idea what the hell you're talking about...
    The Enchantress was in Agents of Shield...They already wasted her.

Sarcasm?
    No, I do not use sarcasm.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Dark Knight Rises was the second greatest film of our generation, second only to Man of Steel.
    Trolling should be more subtle than this.

BANNED

the biggest mistake Superman Returns was trying to be a sequel to the Richard Donner movies.

How is Batman Forever and Superman 3 not on this list???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    the biggest mistake Superman Returns was trying to be a sequel to the Richard Donner movies.
    Sequel/homage/partial remake, it was way too beholden to Donner's film. But I think the biggest mistake was not giving Superman a really solid reason for leaving Earth.

Spectacular Member

The Enchantress was in Agents of Shield...They already wasted her.
    That was Lorelei, the Enchantress' little sister. She did a good job and was called back by orders of Loki. So she most certainly will appear again, not a "waste".

No, I do not use sarcasm.
    ...interesting.

Spectacular Member

It's from the last ten years. And I totally forgot to add Fantastic Four 2 to my list Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnslaught View Post
    How is Batman Forever and Superman 3 not on this list???
    Look at the title of the post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hohman View Post
    This is a perfect list; these are not the worst comic-book movies, per se, but they are the most disappointing. I think Thor 2 is one of the most disappointing movies on this list because of its huge potential: the first film was pretty good, and it looked like the sequel would be based on Walt Simonson's run, the absolute high point of Thor comics. The script should have written itself. However, instead of being amazing, the film ended up being merely adequate and it felt like a huge disappointment.
    Yeah, I was really disappointed that The Dark World ended up being so average. It was so average that I find myself getting annoyed that it was so average, making me bump it down to a really crappy movie.

I loved the first Thor movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    The second-biggest was being as somber as a funeral (a quality decidedly not in keeping with the Donner flicks). The third-biggest was not opening with the shuttle rescue.

How is "Batman & Robin" not on this list? Was it so bad that it was actually great?
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!