View Poll Results: Multiple choice poll. Check ALL that apply!

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm GLAD Ben Affleck is out as Batman, if true!

4 18.18%
  • I'm SAD Ben Affleck is out as Batman, if true!

14 63.64%
  • Jake Gyllenhaal is OK for me as the replacement Batman!

3 13.64%
  • Someone ELSE should be the new Batman!

7 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default BEN AFFLECK OUT? Seems so! Who should REPLACE Affleck as Batman?

According to Deadline, Ben Affleck is REALLY out of the picture as Matt Reeves' Batman. After months of rumors, it seems the brass at Warners wants to go more in the direction of Patty Jenkins superhero take and have Reeves reboot the Batman franchise altogether.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/geoff-j...l-1202407811//

Assuming this is true, are you glad Affleck is gone? Do you want Jake Gyllenhaal to replace him? If not, who is your choice for the new Batman?

I think it should be someone who could carry over to a new JLA movie and be more age-compatible with Gal Gadot (33) and Henry Cavill (35). Gyllenhaal is 37, which might be ok, but is there someone better?

EDIT: Thanks to SUPERECWFAN1 and others below. I have posted the correct link to the current June 2018 article.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 06-12-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Jensen Ackles
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Jensen Ackles
    Does Jensen Ackles really have movie star chops? I'm skeptical, quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Does Jensen Ackles really have movie star chops? I'm skeptical, quite frankly.
    I think he can definitely outact a majority of the Justice League actors.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Gyllenhall is probably out if he signs on to be Mysterio for the next Spider-Man movie.

Jake Gyllenhaal?

Meh, wouldn't be a catastrophe i guess but i wouldn't mind an another name on the table.

If they're sticking with an "older" Batman, then I toss my hat in for Matt Bomer. He can act. He has a decent height and build. Black hair, blue eyes. The last two aren't really requirements, but he has 'em for what their worth.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to Deadline, Ben Affleck is REALLY out of the picture as Matt Reeves' Batman. After months of rumors, it seems the brass at Warners wants to go more in the direction of Patty Jenkins superhero take and have Reeves reboot the Batman franchise altogether.

https://deadline.com/2016/12/warner-...st-1201870911/

Assuming this is true, are you glad Affleck is gone? Do you want Jake Gyllenhaal to replace him? If not, who is your choice for the new Batman?

I think it should be someone who could carry over to a new JLA movie and be more age-compatible with Gal Gadot (33) and Henry Cavill (35). Gyllenhaal is 37, which might be ok, but is there someone better?

Uhhh....your article makes no mention of Affleck or anything. The link you posted goes to a shake up at the studio from December 2016. Nothing at all is mentioned about Batman or anything. In fact here is the article and its more of ...likely we will see a new Batman in Matt Reeves stand alone The Batman film. (Nothing says they have decided on it yet)

https://deadline.com/2018/06/geoff-j...al-1202407811/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

I don't think WB gave a fair chance on Affleck. The studio was in too much of a rush to push all their movies onscreen. Would have loved to see Ben direct a Batman movie on his own time schedule. He's a great director and I think he would have killed it. Hope the rumor is wrong and Ben gets to play Bruce again.

In all honesty I don't think Gosling is a great actor but I think he could pull off Batman and Bruce Wayne.

He was the best thing of Batman vs Superman, if they aren't completely rebooting it'd be a shame for him to leave.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I don't think WB gave a fair chance on Affleck. The studio was in too much of a rush to push all their movies onscreen. Would have loved to see Ben direct a Batman movie on his own time schedule. He's a great director and I think he would have killed it. Hope the rumor is wrong and Ben gets to play Bruce again.
    Yeah almost everyone universally has said Affleck has been aces in the role and it really comes down to script and direction pretty much. Honestly the whole "The Batman" seems like something that WB is even debating. Its been months and nothing has came from it. I think honestly they should have went with Ben's script at this stage. (The reports was Black Mask hires Deathstroke to kill Batman as well as other assassin's who show up...pretty much Arkham Origins in a way)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

That article is two years old.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

How about Jon Hamm?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That article is two years old.
    I died when I read this

and there are others like CHiPS, which feels like a real franchise for the studio.