View Poll Results: Multiple choice poll. Check ALL that apply!

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm GLAD Ben Affleck is out as Batman, if true!

4 18.18%
  • I'm SAD Ben Affleck is out as Batman, if true!

14 63.64%
  • Jake Gyllenhaal is OK for me as the replacement Batman!

3 13.64%
  • Someone ELSE should be the new Batman!

7 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There are 2 choices to replace Batman and honestly either one would work. If your going younger or older. If your gonna stay with a Bruce Wayne in his late 30's and having done this for years then go get Anson Mount. His angry scowl and look fit the films. (Watch Hell on Wheels before you watch Inhumans though...)

Now if your going younger and if Flashpoint changes Bruce to a younger version of Batman ....then I'd go with Armie Hammer. In fact he was debated once for the role before they decided Bruce Wayne would be older. Hammer is 31 and has like a decade plus of Batman sequels you can do around him.

But whoever it is ...needs a good writer/director involved. Also Wonder Woman as a whole isn't Batman. The whole , well we need to inject more comedy only works on a small scale with a character like Batman. Its why Suicide Squad worked...it had brief comedy added later in reshoots that fit things. But it wasn't Guardians of Galaxy type comedy. You can't make every film fit a certain way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

That article is years old, and this whole things is still just another DC Comics "Maybe We're Gonna..." story.

Time thinking about this would be better spent on thinking over what your favorite La Croix flavor is.

It's key lime.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    According to Deadline, Ben Affleck is REALLY out of the picture as Matt Reeves' Batman. After months of rumors, it seems the brass at Warners wants to go more in the direction of Patty Jenkins superhero take and have Reeves reboot the Batman franchise altogether.

https://deadline.com/2016/12/warner-...st-1201870911/

Assuming this is true, are you glad Affleck is gone? Do you want Jake Gyllenhaal to replace him? If not, who is your choice for the new Batman?

I think it should be someone who could carry over to a new JLA movie and be more age-compatible with Gal Gadot (33) and Henry Cavill (35). Gyllenhaal is 37, which might be ok, but is there someone better?
    Did you post the wrong link? Because nothing in the link to the article you posted says anything like that. The only mention of Batman is that Silverman mentions Ben Affleck's Batman.

Seems the DC movies getting nothing but bad news is their lot in life.

Astonishing Member

Newer article on rumors about no Ben for Batman. http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/11/r...o-ben-affleck/

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Newer article on rumors about no Ben for Batman. http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/11/r...o-ben-affleck/
    Its the same article I linked from Deadline...and its "likely a reboot with no Affleck". As of right now its been months with no casting , no actual news or anything about the film. Its like nothing has came up news wise about it. (Which could be Warners is debating on what to do regarding Affleck)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That article is years old, and this whole things is still just another DC Comics "Maybe We're Gonna..." story.

Time thinking about this would be better spent on thinking over what your favorite La Croix flavor is.
    Well...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/...mk#.qqXDDXR4B4

My question is, what flavor would Bruce drink?

These reports have been going on since BvS. I'll believe my when I see it.

Good news Aquaman trailer expected any day now. Apparently they showed it to Stockholders and are expected to release it in the coming days. So theres that to look forward too. I'm a fan of Mamoas and other then casting Jason I dont think Snyder has anything to do with this movie or Atlantis and its creation. Hopefully they deliver something as cool as Wakanda

Astonishing Member

There are tons of actors who can pull of Batman. Not a lot can pull of Batman *and* Bruce Wayne. Cast the Bruce Wayne because that's the part that needs the acting.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    There are tons of actors who can pull of Batman. Not a lot can pull of Batman *and* Bruce Wayne. Cast the Bruce Wayne because that's the part that needs the acting.
    Yes, I think casting a good Bruce Wayne might be the best way to go if Matt Reeves' Batman movie will be Bruce-heavy. However, previous reports said Reeves wanted to do a Gothic take on Batman, so it's anyone's guess as to how much Bruce will play a part in that.

As for the above two choices of Anson Mount and Armie Hammer, I'd go with Armie as I do want a Batman that is age-compatible with Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot. Plus, Hammer and Cavill have already worked together on 2015's Man from UNCLE remake, and I liked Hammer on 2013's Lone Ranger (an enjoyable underrated film, I think).

Extraordinary Member

1. I would prefer if the Batman solos were early year Batman stories to contrast with the main universe older Batman. Then someday you can transition.

2. Fassbender is an ideal Batman

Now that a federal judge has approved the AT&T - Time Warner merger things should be settling down in the movie division and we may get a clearer picture of where they are going. I get the idea things were
    sort of in limbo because no one was sure what was going to happen next and didn't want to make too many long term plans.

Honestly, at this point I think the best thing they could do is recast Batman and do a soft reboot of the DC universe. We've had a Wonder Woman origin story, and another solo film is coming in a year or so. Aquaman has his origin coming out this year. You've got The Flash movie in pre-production- they need to settle on a vision and a director for this movie and get it made. Then get a new actor cast as Batman (preferably younger) and do a solo film- doesn't need to be an origin; maybe something like an early adventure. Maybe use that film to introduce Batgirl ahead of her solo movie. Do Man of Steel 2 to show a Clark more comfortable in his role as Superman. And then do the two-part Justice League movie they initially wanted to do, with the first part bringing the team together and re-introducing Cyborg, and the second them fighting against Apocalypse. Just ignore Batman v Superman and Justice League altogether.

Gyllenhaal would have been the easiest transition. but I don't think the DCU deserves him, at this point. it wouldn't be good for his career. they should just scrap everything except Wonder Woman. let her exist in her own cinematic universe for awhile.