Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Two Smash games in a row my starter Pokemon has been made playable. Well-played Sakurai now I just have to buy a Switch.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Pirahna Plant was introduced as being playable and people are going nuts saying "who DARE they make that minor enemy playable instead of the character I Wanted!?!"

Me? I just love that such an oddball character was included.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Was hoping for a grass starter to round out the playable starters, plus they're typically my favorite, but Incineroar's wrestling moves and follow up poses animate so well I can't complain. Its cool Ken has his own variations of what Ryu does and that assist trophy Guile just back charges his flash kick. Story mode looks like it'll be as epic and filled with references as Brawl's subspace emissary was if not more so, like how the Pits stopped flying when Palutena got got. The only downside was dlc announced before the release date but that feels like that is a trend all video games are doing. Overall its fantastic to be a nintendo (+friends) fan right now

What do we think the DLC characters will be like? Smash 4's was a mix of returning veterans and third party characters (and Corrin, meant to promote the then recent release of Fire Emblem Fates).

Since Ultimate does not have any cut veterans, what do we think the DLC will look like? Will it mostly consist of third parties? Will it mostly consist of Nintendo characters who came up short?

I can't see any Assist Trophies making the jump toward playable fighter, but I don't think Spirits are going to hold anyone back. (Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies in Smash 4 before they became DLC.)

Spectacular Member

I could see a Gen 7 Pokémon like Decidueye becoming a playable character, maybe a Gen 8 Pokémon one Pokémon Gen 8 comes out. I could also see some other requested favorites coming like Dixie Kong and Bandana Waddle Dee. I wouldn't mind seeing Sephiroth, the most well-known Final Fantasy villain to be a playable character, but I don't know how likely that is at the moment. I get the feeling that if he could have done so easily, Sakurai would have added Sephiroth to the base game. Other than that, I don't know. Most of the other games already have representation by their major characters.

Honestly I can't imagine who would be chosen as DLC. I know I'd like to see Sora from Kingdom Hearts as impossible as that is. Geno and Crono seem like popular picks and I wouldn't be opposed to either.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    I could see a Gen 7 Pokémon like Decidueye becoming a playable character, maybe a Gen 8 Pokémon one Pokémon Gen 8 comes out. I could also see some other requested favorites coming like Dixie Kong and Bandana Waddle Dee. I wouldn't mind seeing Sephiroth, the most well-known Final Fantasy villain to be a playable character, but I don't know how likely that is at the moment. I get the feeling that if he could have done so easily, Sakurai would have added Sephiroth to the base game. Other than that, I don't know. Most of the other games already have representation by their major characters.
    I don't think Sephiroth has ever been in a Nintendo game, he was on Playstation. Pretty sure being in a Nintendo game is a pre-req.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    I don't think Sephiroth has ever been in a Nintendo game, he was on Playstation. Pretty sure being in a Nintendo game is a pre-req.

Was he in any of the Kingdom Hearts games that made it to Nintendo consoles? Also, Nintendo will be getting Final Fantasy VII (the original one) some time in 2019, so he will have appeared on a Nintendo console, even if it we have to wait for it for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Pirahna Plant was introduced as being playable and people are going nuts saying "who DARE they make that minor enemy playable instead of the character I Wanted!?!"

Me? I just love that such an oddball character was included.
    Same. I was kinda sick of the surefire bets. This was one nobody was expecting and I'm loving that. Plus he looks super fun to play as.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    Was he in any of the Kingdom Hearts games that made it to Nintendo consoles? Also, Nintendo will be getting Final Fantasy VII (the original one) some time in 2019, so he will have appeared on a Nintendo console, even if it we have to wait for it for a bit.
    I don't think the one winged angel makes any nintendo kh appearances. Doesn't have an appearance in the og Chain of Memories, besides moogles I can't recall any final fantasy characters in 358/2 days and in Re:coded Cloud shows up but I don't remember Sephitoth in there.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    He was in the same game Cloud was. I don't think they care about that anymore.

My strongly desired third party character is Ninja Gaiden (and Dead or Alive) hero Ryu Hayabusa.

This is my desired third party character

Extraordinary Member

I assume the main character from Fire Emblem 3 houses will be a DLC character. Past that who knows.

No Waluigi, since he's already an assist trophy.

Fantastic Member

I'd think that Travis Touchdown's chances would be likely since not only is No More Heroes getting a new game, but it's creator has stated that he would like Travis to be in Smash.

A big pipe dream of mine is that Mike Jones from StarTropics makes the cut. However the problem is that Smash is made with mainly the Japanese audience in mind and StarTropics was never released there. It didn't even get a sticker in Brawl. Another problem may be is that the people that aren't familiar with StarTropics would most likely just see Mike as a Ness knockoff. They both use yo-yos and baseball bats as weapons. And in the second StarTropics Mike even gets a psychic/magic attack.