Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Just when you thought the game couldn't get any more hype.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    A big pipe dream of mine is that Mike Jones from StarTropics makes the cut. However the problem is that Smash is made with mainly the Japanese audience in mind and StarTropics was never released there. It didn't even get a sticker in Brawl. Another problem may be is that the people that aren't familiar with StarTropics would most likely just see Mike as a Ness knockoff. They both use yo-yos and baseball bats as weapons. And in the second StarTropics Mike even gets a psychic/magic attack.
    I think the problem with Mike Jones is that they don't want to focus so much on region exclusive characters anymore. Marth and Roy were supposedly going to be cut from international releases of Melee (but remained in because people liked playing as them during play testing), and Sakurai didn't know Mother 3 wasn't going to be released outside of Japan when he decided to put Lucas in Brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    I'd think that Travis Touchdown's chances would be likely since not only is No More Heroes getting a new game, but it's creator has stated that he would like Travis to be in Smash.

A big pipe dream of mine is that Mike Jones from StarTropics makes the cut. However the problem is that Smash is made with mainly the Japanese audience in mind and StarTropics was never released there. It didn't even get a sticker in Brawl. Another problem may be is that the people that aren't familiar with StarTropics would most likely just see Mike as a Ness knockoff. They both use yo-yos and baseball bats as weapons. And in the second StarTropics Mike even gets a psychic/magic attack.
    Mike Jones would be awesome, hardly anyone would know who he is. I would love to see more unknown or obscure characters.
    Last edited by Manbat; 11-15-2018 at 01:21 AM.

BANNED

I plan on getting Ultimate (haven't really played Smash since Melee), and read a lot of people prefer the Gamecube style controllers that are available (which I don't doubt; GC had a freakin' wonderful controller).

Any recommendations on which brand to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Wow, I never saw that coming .

I love that they brought in the VA's for the other Phantom Thieves for the trailer .

(And how convenient that Joker's English VA just happens to be the same voice as the announcer)...

Reggie said the DLC characters are "not characters you would anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."

Things are going to get crazy, CBR.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFyZwXNFwyw

That's who I want to play in Smash Ultimate.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

God I suck at this game. Haven’t really played a Smash game since Melee. But I like Mewtwo.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I plan on getting Ultimate (haven't really played Smash since Melee), and read a lot of people prefer the Gamecube style controllers that are available (which I don't doubt; GC had a freakin' wonderful controller).

Any recommendations on which brand to get?
    I’ve just been using a wireless Game Cube controller.

Spectacular Member

For anyone who's having trouble unlocking characters, here's some advice from someone who is not a top tier Smasher. Use a heavy character that packs a wallop and can take a hit. My character of choice was Pokémon Trainer, with Charizard chosen as the selected Pokémon (that way, you don't have to switch out twice and leave yourself open to attack, which the later characters will certainly take advantage of and punish you for). Then, use some attacks to rack up the damage, preferably rushing attacks, and once their percentage is about, say, 60-70 percent or more, move them towards an edge and Flare Blitz them. You'll take recoil damage, but it won't matter since the Flare Blitz should KO them at the aforementioned 60-70 to 80 percent. It did wonders for me in beating the later characters in their challenges. The only one that gave me trouble was Cloud, and that was because he always knew where the Summon Materia on his stage would show up; either that or it just always spawned near him. And if you haven't gotten the Pokémon Trainer, any bulky, hard-hitting character will do. My second choice would be Donkey Kong, but the best option is to have a character that can deliver a powerful killing blow from range.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Reggie said the DLC characters are "not characters you would anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."

Things are going to get crazy, CBR.
    The perfect set-up for Waluigi to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    God I suck at this game. Haven’t really played a Smash game since Melee. But I like Mewtwo.
    Mewtwo seems very good in this game so far. I think his floatyness takes some getting used to and he's definitely a glass cannon kind of character so he's unforgiving to make mistakes with.

I'm loving this game right now even though Nintendo really goes one step forward and one step back with some things, most notably the online. There are such simple choices they could've made to have this be a real highlight, but the game's so much fun it's easy to just keep playing.

After a few weeks of saving able to buy a Switch along with Ultimate, which is the only game I own on it at the moment. Like every Smash game since Brawl I immediately set out to unlock all the characters and after doing so I've found some new favorites. First up is Chrom who might end up becoming my main for local play. I know that Fire Emblem has a decent amount of reps but he holds a special place in my heart. I'm enjoying Incineroar as well though I'm still putting some work in on how to use him better.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    The perfect set-up for Waluigi to be in.
    Not that crazy.