Amazing Member

Default Favourite Hawkman Costumes/Artists!

Well, the title pretty much summarizes the thread, post your favorite Hawkman costume and explain:

The 2002 Hawkman costume is probably by far the best design the character has ever had in my opinion. Rags Morales really captured the look of an actual hawk in the character's eyes. The various weapons that he'd be seen carrying throughout the series made for an excellent visual, whilst muting of the red boots and green pants made for an overall uniform look

I will say that i'm probably a fan of all iterations of the character's costumes but my first modern introduction was with Rag's iteration of Hawkman, so I am a little biased!

Anyways, post your favorite Hawkman design/Artist and tell us why!

BANNED

My favorite Hawkman artist is Joe Kubert. He was just one of a kind.

Boisterously Confused

Kubert pioneered a Hawkman look I love.
    lf.jpg

Most illustrate Hawkman's eys as aligning with the eyes of his helmet. Kubert's didn't work that way. His Silver Age character's jaw and nose suggetsted Hawkman's eyes were below the hawkmask's eyes. Artists like Byrne followed him.
    Action_Comics_588.jpg
    It might have been just an adaptation of Golden Age images. In my head-canon, it meant that space-Hawkman's helmet included a virtual display that we never got to see, that was the source of most of his enhanced vision.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 06-18-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Retired

Nobody does it like Joe.