Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Looking at the title of this thread, it sounded like he passed away. I guess that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Looking at the title of this thread, it sounded like he passed away. I guess that didn't happen.
    Seriously.

Mods might want to edit that one to avoid folks getting confused.

My first Legion comic was Superboy #203, which was Mike Grell's first issue and also the death of Invisible Kid -- really made me sad as a kid to have the starring character of the story die at the end. Anyway, I loved Mike's Legion and Green Lantern/Green Arrow.

I own the full series of Warlord, but I think that DC should do an omnibus of it so we can see it with better printing and paper. Since Warlord has never been reprinted, I'd guess that DC doesn't want to because Mike probably had some kind of ownership stake or profit-sharing arrangement that DC finds to be too generous to make it worth their while. Shame.

Incredible Member

Loved his work on LSH. One of my favorite covers is a Warlord cover where Morgan is emerging from a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    What the heck it got our attention didn't it and long overdue for Grell. I say leave it. In past threads there are those who have knocked Longbow and Warlord. Screw 'em I say.
    I'm plenty sure this was not the only way to get posters' attention. And what do a few people not liking Longbow and Warlord have to do with this?

BANNED

I didn't mean to memorialize him, only to remember an artist who has largely been forgotten. And I think this was his best cover. I was most familir with his bringing back GL/GA from the back pages of The Flash title and into the relauch with issue 90 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    I didn't mean to memorialize him, only to remember an artist who has largely been forgotten. And I think this was his best cover. I was most familir with his bringing back GL/GA from the back pages of The Flash title and into the relauch with issue 90 etc.
    "A Mike Grell Retrospective...", maybe?

While it might not have been what you intended, my first thought was "Wow. Did he die, and I missed it?"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm plenty sure this was not the only way to get posters' attention. And what do a few people not liking Longbow and Warlord have to do with this?
    The fact that this shows people feel otherwise and rightly so. Still a good thread whether or not the title fries fandom OCD.
    I don't hear Grell complaining.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seriously.

Mods might want to edit that one to avoid folks getting confused.
    For luva God just let it go!

Unless CBR has already hired an assassin to aide Mr. Grell's passing into the afterlife, could moderators seriously retitle this thread?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unless CBR has already hired an assassin to aide Mr. Grell's passing into the afterlife, could moderators seriously retitle this thread?
    Oh no not you too! Try to stay on topic please. I'm learning more about Grell time at DC I never heard about.

The topic is Grell at DC.

Two great tastes that...

Always Rakzo

First, change the title.

Second, one of the first writers who actually gave Oliver Queen some complexity beyond the forced theme O'Neil injected in him.

BANNED

@Güicho
    I remember the first wave because I had the Warlord and Arak. I don't remember seeing the second wave.