Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
And now Affleck is out as Batman. I kind of wonder if Warners hasn't been looking for a way out of the DCEU. They've already got a stand alone Joker movie in the works that has no connection to the DCEU coming and one of the rumors I heard was that if WW had bombed, they were just gonna reboot anyway. One hit out of four movies so far isn't a good track record. In a way, WW put them in an odd bind. I kind of wonder if they might not be better off just junking the DCEU, making that the WW universe, and let other characters do their own thing in their own universes. Not sure if you could sell that idea, though.
Well, WW effectively is in her own universe. The solo movies are, for the most part, prequels to the other DCEU films that function perfectly as standalones.

I'm sure the same could hold true of Aquaman, potentially.

MOS, BvS and Justice League are the movies which were part of the 'core' narrative of the DCEU - and even MOS was arguably a standalone origin story.

So really, the moving parts of the DCEU are pretty separate - more so than the moving parts of the MCU. That makes them more easily replaceable if necessary.