Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Last edited by Anthony W; 06-12-2018 at 05:22 PM.

they've invested a lot in the creation of Nadia. it's good that they are showing some faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they've invested a lot in the creation of Nadia. it's good that they are showing some faith.
    It’s good to see faith invested in the character and all but this is still a business at the end of the day. Considering how the last attempt went, I’m curious as to what they’ve changed aside from the artist that they feel it will be different this time around. I mean, they say one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s good to see faith invested in the character and all but this is still a business at the end of the day. Considering how the last attempt went, I’m curious as to what they’ve changed aside from the artist that they feel it will be different this time around. I mean, they say one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    The thing is, while the last series did poorly in floppies, the trades have done really well. So they don't actually need to change anything. It made money, just not in the way Marvel's comics usually do. So keeping the same writer and cast is what the audience for the book wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The thing is, while the last series did poorly in floppies, the trades have done really well. So they don't actually need to change anything. It made money, just not in the way Marvel's comics usually do. So keeping the same writer and cast is what the audience for the book wants.
    The trades did not do well.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-02.html
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Except even if it did well in trade, Marvel can’t just keep throwing money out there on something that isn’t even selling 10,000 units pretty quickly into its lifespan. Marvel is still a business after all and the original volume had a massive drop off over time to the point that it was basically hemorrhaging money.

Kind of surprised to see them relaunch the book given it wasn't given the benefit that other Scholastic, all ages, Marvel books were given, particularly so given the Ant-Man and Wasp mini already coming out.

I guess Marvel wants to have another Wasp book out around the time of the movie. Will they also relaunch Ant-Man?

Gurihiru on art is a steal.

It sounds like Nadia will be dealing with the fallout of Pymtron's actions, which a part of me thinks would feel a tad out-of-place in this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Well, she's got more going for her then Hope "It's about darn time" Van Dyne...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    AKA, let's keep relaunching Captain Marvel .

Books like this and Devil Dinosaur would be much better served if Marvel would just bring back Star Comics. I'm looking at the art and it feels like there is a good comic in there but it's stuck in Corporate Synergy Hell. Let the creative team make something new that doesn't tie into the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Books like this and Devil Dinosaur would be much better served if Marvel would just bring back Star Comics. I'm looking at the art and it feels like there is a good comic in there but it's stuck in Corporate Synergy Hell. Let the creative team make something new that doesn't tie into the Marvel Universe.
    I remember when they had Moon Girl popping up in Venom and IvX and I'm like...what ?

I loved the art but Jeremy Whitley will have a lot of work to do that will not be easy.

I wish good luck to everyone involved in this project.

I'm just surprised it's not digital first. The previous volume sold crap at direct market but the trades were a sellout, which is why it's been revived.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman