Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
I found the first book incredibly dull, and haven't been a fan of the Nadia Pym character even slightly. But you're right that little girls loved this series, so that's pretty great. Sometimes we have to just step back and realize something isn't for us.

It does still suck that now Nadia has had two solo series before Janet even headlines a solo one-shot of her own. I get it, Jan's going to be a big part of this, but it's still Nadia's story and not Jan's at the end of the day.

And dear god I hope they retcon Letha and Poundcakes being members of GIRL, or at least have them go back to their evil ways. It's not even because there aren't many female villains to begin with; it's because Letha is super evil and made army vets with PTSD kill each other to get Punisher's attention, and had no qualms about it. The characterization of the Grapplers was just so out there and unforgivable if you're one of the twelve people that remember who they are.
Truly this is the hardest lesson for a comic fan, is just in realizing not every single title should cater to our particular tastes without condemning the book as "garbage." (Not saying you did that, just sort of expanding on it)