Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

I'm sorry but if any of you think Nadia and Janet coexist in the same manner you're absolutely wrong. As far as Marvel is concerned there is one Wasp and that's Nadia/Hope.
    I can't wait until all the MCU hype is over and we can actually have 2 prominent Wasps instead of one.

Janet is intentionally kept away from any kind of recognition in favor of Nadia/Hope in a way Marvel history has never seen before and the only thing remotely close to that was what happened to FF in the past couple of years. However their situation ended a lot quicker than Janet's will.

I love Nadia but this is ridiculous.

Just a quick rant. Sorry. Didn't know where else to put. I'll continue hoping for a time where Marvel can promote 2 Wasps like they do with Wolverines, Hawkeyes, Spider-Men and Women.
    Last edited by Captain M; 06-19-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Nadia isn't Hope. if the idea is synergy, her name would not be 'Nadia.' it's not widely known that it's Russian for 'Hope.'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

I'm sorry but if any of you think Nadia and Janet coexist in the same manner you're absolutely wrong. As far as Marvel is concerned there is one Wasp and that's Nadia/Hope.
    I can't wait until all the MCU hype is over and we can actually have 2 prominent Wasps instead of one.

Just a quick rant. Sorry. Didn't know where else to put. I'll continue hoping for a time where Marvel can promote 2 Wasps like they do with Wolverines, Hawkeyes, Spider-Men and Women.
    I don't see Miles in that picture. Does that mean Marvel doesn't care about him?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I don't see Miles in that picture. Does that mean Marvel doesn't care about him?
    That's such an awful comparison. Barely has any relation to what I said because the situation with Wasps is nothing like the situation with any other heroes that share titles. I want it to be. I want it to be like 2 Thors, 2 Spider-Men etc. It's not. But that said I have so much to say on this topic, so many proofs, so much information, so many facts (even though I find all to be unnecessary, it's clear as a day that Janet is being replaced) that if you do want to actually discuss this with me I ask to do it in a place like discord where we can chat real time. It's so hard this way.

Meanwhile, here is how Marvel promotes Avengers, using the most iconic members except for a certain someone. I'll give you a minute. :P

I don't know what anyone else wants regarding Wasps but I personally simply want to see them exist together without boundaries that limit one of them to minor appearances with zero promotional prominence.

I want them to be like Miles and Peter, like Kate and Clint, like Jane and Odinson.

I used to want Nadia to disappear. And while that would be still preferable to Janet disappearing, I would rather have them both, preferably together. A Wasps duo is my current dream book.

But if you just want to see Nadia thats fine I have to respect that.
    Last edited by Captain M; 06-19-2018 at 04:23 PM.

I don't know what anyone else wants regarding Wasps but I personally simply want to see them exist together without boundaries that limit one of them to minor appearances with zero promotional prominence.

I want them to be like Miles and Peter, like Kate and Clint, like Jane and Odinson.

I used to want Nadia to disappear. And while that would be still preferable to Janet disappearing, I would rather have them both, preferably together. A Wasps duo is my current dream book.

That would actually be a great thing. I would easily get behind a series like this.

My personal wish (that I know will never come true) would have been a team book with both Wasps (Jan and Nadia), Ant-Man (Scott) and Giant-Man (Hank), together exploring the Multiverse. You'd have the young and enthusiastic one, the leader, the funny one and the serious one. A good balance between the charcters that would bring an interesting dynamic to a book. That would have made a great team IMO.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    That would actually be a great thing. I would easily get behind a series like this.

My personal wish (that I know will never come true) would have been a team book with both Wasps (Jan and Nadia), Ant-Man (Scott) and Giant-Man (Hank), together exploring the Multiverse. You'd have the young and enthusiastic one, the leader, the funny one and the serious one. A good balance between the charcters that would bring an interesting dynamic to a book. That would have made a great team IMO.
    That's what I was hoping before the NAdia Scott mini was announced :/

Regardless of what happens pr doesn't happen I want Hank to be back already!

Meanwhile, here is how Marvel promotes Avengers, using the most iconic members except for a certain someone. I'll give you a minute. :P

That Legacy teaser definitely used the wrong characters. Widow was supposed to be dead at the time, that primer appeared in U.S.Avengers as well as Uncanny and the main book, and yet none of their team members are there, and yes, nothing wrong with Nadia being there, but Janet should have been on there too as she's both a founder and was a member of the Unity Squad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My preference is for there to be a Wasp solo series with Janet as the lead and with Scott Lang as a supporting character. Nadia would continue to represent the legacy as part of the Champions. and, for compromise, Nadia should either have a cartoon, web animation, or be part of a young hero-themed cartoon. he strength is that she speaks to a younger demographic.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Nadia isn't Hope. if the idea is synergy, her name would not be 'Nadia.' it's not widely known that it's Russian for 'Hope.'
    Of course the idea is synergy, why else would they make her Hank’s daughter and then change her last name to van Dyne?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post

If I were to pitch a comic like that, I'd make it about all the Pym related characters. I'd include Bill Foster's nephew and Cassie Lang as well. Perhaps figure out a way to bring back Eric O'Grady. What happened to that new Giant Man?
    Last edited by ed2962; 06-19-2018 at 05:57 PM.

My preference is for there to be a Wasp solo series with Janet as the lead and with Scott Lang as a supporting character. Nadia would continue to represent the legacy as part of the Champions. and, for compromise, Nadia should either have a cartoon, web animation, or be part of a young hero-themed cartoon. he strength is that she speaks to a younger demographic.
    Oh, they absolutely should do a Champions cartoon.

What the? Why does Thor have long hair there? He's currently sporting a much shorter look. That also completely ignores the X-Men and FF, with Nadia the only Champion there. Everyone there is or was an Avenger.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Of course the idea is synergy, why else would they make her Hank’s daughter and then change her last name to van Dyne?
    a lot of what she is hinges upon her being Pym's daughter. she took the Van Dyne name because of feminism and because her father isn't currently a candidate for hero worship. Hope might have taken the last name "Pym" in the movie, for all we know. she's patched things up with her dad.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't know why we're still going on about Nadia being a product of synergy or not when Mark Waid himself has admitted that they created her because of the movies. There are different levels of synergy; some characters get rewritten completely, but others only gain small characteristics and details to match the movies. Nadia was the latter, but it's very clear they're using her as a stand-in for Hope; they have the ''same name'', the same father, the same last name, Nadia is the one in the main AM&TW book coming out, Nadia is the one used for promotional purposes alongside Scott and now they're even adding her to game updates dedicated to the MCU... all of this while a movie about Hank Pym's daughter as the Wasp is about to come out! I mean, come on, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots here.

I'm not hating on Nadia, btw. Just saying that it seems really naive to keep denying that there is a synergy intention going on here. Also, not trying to stir the pot again but totally stirring the pot again, here's an interesting thread on Jim Zub's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1007258436642508800

But I guess he's just another dirty little liar.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-19-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't know why we're still going on about Nadia being a product of synergy or not when Mark Waid himself has admitted that they created her because of the movies.
    quote him.

There are different levels of synergy; some characters get rewritten completely, but others only gain small characteristics and details to match the movies. Nadia was the latter, but it's very clear they're using her as a stand-in for Hope; they have the ''same name'', the same father, the same last name,
    they don't have the same name from the perspective of a layperson. aren't they the target of synergy? their father's aren't even the same. would someone who saw the movie open up a marvel comic and recognize comic Hank as movie Hank? hell, he's merged with Ultron. where's the synergy? if anything, they'd recognize that Evangeline Lilly has Janet's haircut. I've seen a number of articles use Jan's picture in conjunction with Hope.

Nadia is the one in the main AM&TW book coming out, Nadia is the one used for promotional purposes alongside Scott and now they're even adding her to game updates dedicated to the movie... all of this while a movie about Hank Pym's daughter as the Wasp is about to come out! I mean, come on, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots here.
    you haven't convinced me. sorry. :shrugs:

I'm not hating on Nadia, btw. Just saying that it seems really naive to keep denying that there is a synergy intention going on here. Also, not trying to stir the pot again but totally stirring the pot again, here's an interesting thread on Jim Zub's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1007258436642508800

But I guess he's just another dirty little liar.
    where in that link does it imply movie synergy?