Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Bankruptcy is Bankruptcy. The why's do not matter. They still put on a bold face saying everything was good and when questioned essentially laughed in press articles that anyone would question them.

It be foolish to believe that if something was wrong they would tell us.Especially after that. But if they are telling the truth is it is what it is.

I'm just not going out of my way for them to make a lier or a fool out of me by siding on either side of the fence.

I just go by what I do know......Which is ......

Marvel has gone out of its way to marginalize the characters and to extent the fans that have made them profitable over the years in favor of "newer" characters. When they instead should have been adding new characters in the mix with their old characters and build both up.

In truth the company has a history of laughing at fans that nothing at all is happening or different, while in the same swoop removing prominent/popular characters from not only promotional material but from their toy and animation lines. In a form like know one would notice.

But yeah we should totally eat up everything they say like it's grandma's secret fried chicken recipe. #sarcasmforthewin
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-20-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Nadia isn't Hope. if the idea is synergy, her name would not be 'Nadia.' it's not widely known that it's Russian for 'Hope.'
    I learned something today.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Gladly: https://www.cbr.com/avengers-waid-ex...prison-breaks/

He flat out said editorial wanted a character that would be a nod to Hope. Can we move on from this already?
    if you like. but I just interpreted it as a nod. they didn't do it to line up with the events of the movie. because they don't line up. Hope really only has one thing in common with Nadia. they share a father. MC2 Hope has more in common with movie Hope than Nadia does. and you guys are ignoring the more important part of the quote.

Mark Waid: Editor Tom Brevoort and I both have a great love for the original Wasp, Janet van Dyne, and in the wake of the “Ant-Man” movie (which was great), Tom suggested there might be something to introducing someone who was a nod to that film’s Hope van Dyne without in any way minimizing Janet’s role in the Marvel Universe. And I think we’ve succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, but the problem there was never actually on the publishing side. The publishing side was never unprofitable. The problem was Marvel buying up other companies, trying to start up their own distributor, things like that. It was attempts to expand the company as a whole, rather than any problem with the comics.
    The distributor part is what REALLY hurt. That and animation I believe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Marvel has gone out of its way to marginalize the characters and to extent the fans that have made them profitable over the years in favor of "newer" characters. When they instead should have been adding new characters in the mix with their old characters and build both up.

When was Steve Rogers marginalized? What about Tony Stark? Daredevil? Punisher? Dr Strange? Peter Parker?

Who are these character that suffered the same fates as Stephanie Brown & Cassandra Cain-EDITED out of books or deemed pitch toxic by the head of the company.

Where was this successful female of color NOT named x-23 or Ms Marvel that got marginalized?

Where was this successful male teen of color NOT named Miles, Cho or Sam that marginalized?

Where was this successful female teen of color NOT named x-23 or Riri or Ms Marvel or Moon Girl that got marginalized?

Because New X-Men Academy, New Warriors, Young Avengers, Avengers Academy & Generation X got RUINED long before those guys showed up. So they couldn't get the solo shots.

So there was no one to get marginalized that had a solo.

And how many other characters got marginalize for DEADPOOL? Yet no one is throwing a fit about it and will try to yell SALES-but LOL Ms Marvel and friends are right there with him in trade sales.

Marvel should NOT have to apologize that Miles or Moon Girl or Ms Marvel or Nadia or even Black Panther himself-reached folks who would normally IGNORE comics.

I like seeing kids FINALLY reading for FUN because of Nadia or Ms Marvel something Peter Parker nor Steve Rogers could get them to do.

Sorry some folks don't get that. Nadia having a book does not stop me from enjoying the ones I buy. It will not keep me out of a shop because it's on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000

I like seeing kids FINALLY reading for FUN because of Nadia or Ms Marvel something Peter Parker nor Steve Rogers could get them to do.

Sorry some folks don't get that. Nadia having a book does not stop me from enjoying the ones I buy. It will not keep me out of a shop because it's on the shelf.
    Exactly why I warmed up to Nadia so much. The kids who really enjoy her book. Its so awesome to see

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Exactly why I warmed up to Nadia so much. The kids who really enjoy her book. Its so awesome to see
    Besides the fact that he missed the point of my message which was BUILDING UP BOTH!!! (and that there is no point in taking sides if you do not have all the information regardless of who it is coming from. )

He is right that it's good for newer fans to have items they enjoy. But why does Janet have to take a back seat because of it? Oh, yeah thats right she doesn't.

The ranting and raving about of who has it worse in whoever's opinion doesn't change the fact that there isn't a reason why both properties can't have their due. When those finally wake from their "My Wants Super-cedes Your Wants" coma's maybe then we as fans can come together and show Marvel how tired some of us are of the company pitting us against each other through the characters we enjoy.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-20-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Besides the fact that he missed the point of my message which was BUILDING UP BOTH!!! (and that there is no point in taking sides if you do not have all the information regardless of who it is coming. )

He is right that it's good for newer fans to have items they enjoy. But why does Janet have to take a back seat because of it? Oh, yeah thats right she doesn't.

The ranting and raving about of who has it worse in whoever's opinion doesn't change the fact that there isn't a reason why both properties can't have their due. When those finally wake from their "My Wants Super-cedes Your Wants" coma's maybe then we as fans can come together and show Marvel how tired some of us are of the company pitting us against each other through the characters we enjoy.
    It sucks that Janet has to be heavily sidelined for the next decade or so but can't do much about that besides maybe contacting the editors to show our disappointment on that but I suspect the situation with Janet is even out of their hands. Just like FF was.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Where was this successful female of color NOT named x-23 or Ms Marvel that got marginalized?

Where was this successful female teen of color NOT named x-23 or Riri or Ms Marvel or Moon Girl that got marginalized?
    Laura's not a woman of colour. The movie version is Latina, but the comic version is white.