Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Jason Mamoa Aquaman looks like an amalgam between Aquaman and Hercules.
    He's got Aquaman's abilities and trident, with Hercules' personality and appearance,

and a costume that combines the two.

Hercules is the Aquaman of Marvel..

I'm pretty sure the Eternals movie will have a character that is just using Hercules' personality instead of his own as well.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Isn't he a member of the new Guardians of the Galaxy?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The movie version of Thor is already just the comic version of Hercules. Everything people love about movie Thor they took from the comic version of Hercules.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The movie version of Thor is already just the comic version of Hercules. Everything people love about movie Thor they took from the comic version of Hercules.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Eternals movie will have a character that is just using Hercules' personality instead of his own as well.
    Isn't there some weird crossover between Eternals and Olympians? The Eternals used to pretend they were Olympians or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Isn't he a member of the new Guardians of the Galaxy?
    Yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Isn't there some weird crossover between Eternals and Olympians? The Eternals used to pretend they were Olympians or something like that?
    Because the Eternals were not meant to exist in the MU, they are named after the Greek pantheon because Kirby did not create them to be in the same universe as the actual Greek pantheon. So in some old book there is probably a retcon explaining why the Eternals have similar names to the Greeks.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Their similarities to the Greek gods were brought up in Roy Thomas' Thor run, but I don't remember it going any deeper than a few "Hey, your name's like my name! Rip-off!" gags. How the similarities came about wasn't actually addressed.

They need to reunite ostrander’s heroes for hire team. All of them have grown up/changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Because the Eternals were not meant to exist in the MU, they are named after the Greek pantheon because Kirby did not create them to be in the same universe as the actual Greek pantheon. So in some old book there is probably a retcon explaining why the Eternals have similar names to the Greeks.
    Yeah, and aside from the Celestials, it's still an uncomfortable fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Their similarities to the Greek gods were brought up in Roy Thomas' Thor run, but I don't remember it going any deeper than a few "Hey, your name's like my name! Rip-off!" gags. How the similarities came about wasn't actually addressed.
    I don't recall any name gags. But what I do remember is that it was revealed that the Eternals city was located in Greece near Mount Olympus, home of the Greek gods. This led to some confusion and an eventual alliance between the two races, where the Olympians allowed the Eternals to be stand ins for them during certain occasions. To celebrate this alliance, Zuras's daughter Azura changed her name to Thena to be more similar to Zeus's daughter Athena. Other Eternals fit into the Greek mythology as well, for instance, Ikaris was the father of the mythological Icarus, whose mother was human. He wanted to fly like his father, so Ikaris built him a set of wings, but tragically dies while using them. Ikaris then changes his name to honour his son (Ikaris also fits into other mythologies, as he is the Dove that Noah (who is yet another Eternal in the MU] follows to find land after the great flood]. And when Hercules was performing his 12 labours, it was actually the Forgotten One (better known as Gilgamesh] who cleaned the Augean stables.