Default Batman vs Joker: Who is winning?

These two have faced off countless times over the decades.

What's the score? Who is winning who is losing?

Batman the Dark Knight vs The Clown Prince of Crime

Order vs Chaos.

Does Batman edge out Joker or has Joker racked up enough chaos, death & destruction overtime to one up his nemesis?
    The J-man

Neither, they will be fighting for as long as our culture tells stories.

The Joker is clearly winning. He's quite happy with the status quo where he escapes, kills a bunch of people and gets caught ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Neither, they will be fighting for as long as our culture tells stories.
    so they are yin and yang? one can't exist without the other?

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    The Joker is clearly winning. He's quite happy with the status quo where he escapes, kills a bunch of people and gets caught ad infinitum.
    Do you think this will ever change? Should it change? If you think DC should change things or mix it up how do you think they should go about doing it.
    The J-man

Neither(justice or chaos, both are temporal). But.. The Joker wins because he continues killing people.

But according the Joker here, Batman always win:

I mean, it depends on whatever criteria you use to justify a "win."

Batman always stops The Joker, but nowadays he usually can't stop him before a bunch of people end up dead and Joker eventually breaks out of Arkham to do the whole song-and-dance again.

But usually, or at least sometimes, Batman manages to stop Joker in such a way that shuts up whatever anarchistic or deranged mantra he's spouting at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so they are yin and yang? one can't exist without the other?
    No, but you can't have a hero without a challenge to overcome, like a villain.

Do you think this will ever change? Should it change? If you think DC should change things or mix it up how do you think they should go about doing it.
    DC will never change it, Joker makes too much money, but Batman has many rogues, and future writers will invent more, some will stick and some won't.

BANNED

The readers keep losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    The readers keep losing.
    If that were true they would drop the title and there wouldn't be any Batman comics. But why do you think that?

Joker had 2 really big victories by killing a Robin and paralyzing a Batgirl. Guess they don't really count any more. He's still hurt Batman more than anybody else I guess. But Batman is still around and hasn't fully gone over the edge and Gotham isn't completely burned to the ground. It's like the Thrilla in Manila, they've beat each other up so bad it's hard to say who's the real winner. But I'll give the push to Batman since he always finds a way to stop him.

Fantastic Member

stalemate as always with joker slightly ahead because how bruce is recently written

BANNED

Batman is wining the battles but the war goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it depends on whatever criteria you use to justify a "win."

Batman always stops The Joker, but nowadays he usually can't stop him before a bunch of people end up dead and Joker eventually breaks out of Arkham to do the whole song-and-dance again.

But usually, or at least sometimes, Batman manages to stop Joker in such a way that shuts up whatever anarchistic or deranged mantra he's spouting at the time.
    I always think it depends on where you stop the story.

At the moment, Joker escapes, kills a bunch of people and then gets caught, so they've framed it to look like Batman won.

If they started the story before Joker is caught then the story goes, Joker gets caught, then escapes and kills a bunch of people, then suddenly he's the winner.

I really should have made this a poll. Missed opportunity
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Joker had 2 really big victories by killing a Robin and paralyzing a Batgirl. Guess they don't really count any more. He's still hurt Batman more than anybody else I guess. But Batman is still around and hasn't fully gone over the edge and Gotham isn't completely burned to the ground. It's like the Thrilla in Manila, they've beat each other up so bad it's hard to say who's the real winner. But I'll give the push to Batman since he always finds a way to stop him.
    I would say its even since Jason now believes in killing but Barbara rose above her condition and became a "stronger" hero for it who helps other heroes, also Joker failed that one because Jim Gordon didn't succumb to madness like the plan was.