Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Two words: Green. Lantern.
    Two extra words: Jess Cruz

Also I'm gonna add avoid trying to be like the same tone for Avengers. You can still have it whimsical but none of those forced humor stuff.

BANNED

This is prolly gonna sound weird, but one thing I would really, really like to see is Batman not having eyeballs. It just creeps me out seeing him with eyeballs. It's like constantly looking at Christopher Lloyd's eyes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    This is prolly gonna sound weird, but one thing I would really, really like to see is Batman not having eyeballs. It just creeps me out seeing him with eyeballs. It's like constantly looking at Christopher Lloyd's eyes.
    In the Arkham games there are a couple of alternate skins like that. And he dives off into the deep end of the uncanny valley without eyeballs in even that level of realism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    In the Arkham games there are a couple of alternate skins like that. And he dives off into the deep end of the uncanny valley without eyeballs in even that level of realism.
    those are the best skins. I use them every time I have the opportunity. The best reason to play the game the first time is to be able to play it again so he doesn't have eyeballs.

Granted, in those skins his eyes are still shaped like eyes instead of triangles, and that is also a distraction. But still an improvement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hopefully not Hal.
    All the best parts of the GL mythos are tied to Hal and have no real interest seeing them ignore or changing it because they don't want to use Hal for some reasons. Some fans just have to get over that the GL mythos from the silver age that DC has used ever since started with Hal. You can expand from that, but more is thrown off the table by excluding him than using him. If later on they want to focus more on John, Guy, or Kyle they can. But if they don't set the foundation this universe will already be more broken than it is.

They need to go with the Deadpool route. It's also more expressive.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    A different actor playing Barry Allen.
    Like...someone who actually looks like they have run before?

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Like...someone who actually looks like they have run before?
    Yeah, what was that? Who told him to run like that? Even if they did, did nobody looked at that and said, "Hey, this looks really weird. Maybe we should do it like normal."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah, what was that? Who told him to run like that? Even if they did, did nobody looked at that and said, "Hey, this looks really weird. Maybe we should do it like normal."
    I will never get the criticism of his running style. He looked like he was running. Sprinting. There are so many legitimate things to criticise this movie for, and people feel like they have to make something up? Weird.

I will never get the criticism of his running style. He looked like he was running. Sprinting. There are so many legitimate things to criticise this movie for, and people feel like they have to make something up? Weird.
    I dunno man...I have never seen anyone sprint like that. It looked like he was on a nordic track or cross country skiing and they CGI'd the equipment out and went "Yeah...that's what running looks like."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR64m_pWdqc

I dunno man...I have never seen anyone sprint like that. It looked like he was on a nordic track or cross country skiing and they CGI'd the equipment out and went "Yeah...that's what running looks like."

To contrast his above running form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-3cHxXAK0

Sure there is plenty but no ones making anything up. There are certain points in the movie where he runs fine but other where he runs like someone who's never ran before in his life. His form isnt just bad it makes no sense. He looks like hes trying to throw a frisby in the post credit scene. I assume the form is based on speed skating since he makes a joke about skating in the movie. Maybe synder thought it look cool and make him stand out. Iono but hisnakward running style isnt made up its a complaint alot of ppl share. Even Kevin Smith who loves everything poked fun at his running style

Haha at the youtuber commenter who said " When you try to Dab while in the speedforce"

To contrast his above running form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-3cHxXAK0
    The big difference there -- unlike Movie Barry, it looks like those runners' feet are actually touching and pushing against the ground.

Barry's running just looks so laborious, like he has the same hips as action figures.

Dare I say, the television show handles it better than an outright movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG_tac96_pU

For the movie, it could be the padding and all that unnecessary armor, making him run like that, but a streamlined character like the Flash shouldn't have all those pads to begin with anyway.

I thought the idea was for Ezra's Flash to look like he was doing a combination of sprinting and ice skating, to represent a frictionless ground. My Google-fu isn't turning up where this was pointed out, but regardless blame Snyder for putting it in and Whedon for keeping it in.

Back to the topic, though, I feel like a part 2 should have come out almost immediately (a year to two years later) that was 100% Whedon's project and not the Frankenstein movie we got for part 1. I wanted to see more of the Justice League interact with one another, so I suppose the villain could be based around the 7th member. So it could be White Martians if Martian Manhunter, Sinestro if Green Lantern, or Thanagarians if Hawkman/Hawkgirl.