Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Mayweather or Pacquiao...who would YOU rather have a street fight against?

One day you are coming home, but some guy asks if you want to make USD$500,000 in one night. Hell, that's good money! Why not?

The guy then morphs into SHANG TSUNG, welcomes you to MORTAL KOMBAT, and makes one thing very clear: you're NOT in the tournament proper. You're on the entertainment card, which means a sideshow fight on the grounds, but NOT in the arena.

So there are NO Fatalities, Faction Kills, Animalities or Brutalities. However there might be Babalities or Friendships.

You can choose your opponent now:

-Current Manny Pacquiao, OR...
    -Current, retired Floyd Jr.

The fight will be bare knuckle with wrists and hands taped only, NO gauze or padding.

Who would you rather fight for 1/2 million$?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Ugh. At least it's for 0.5 million.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, both of these guys will probably take me (I only say probably because I don't see any grappling experience, and that'll be my goal...which means I probably get murdered before I get my hands on them, but oh well). I'll take Pacquiao, for the sole reason that he's shorter.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

I'd actually take Mayweather in that he's he generally more defensively oriented. I know he can throw down on offense, and probably doubly so against a guy who isn't a pro boxer, but I don't think he'd go balls to the walls so soon.

Also, his hands tend to break often and 'easily' , so that would mYbd slow his roll.

Eh, probably have next to crap odds either way, but current Mayweather's probably a lot further away from fighting shape than Paq is

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Magic is confirmed to exist in this scenario, so I'm just gonna pick whoever looks the most likely to fall for the Kamehameha gambit.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I don't know what a Mayweather or a Pacquiao is, so I just request to fight his mother.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Okay, that made my night.

Floyd, because under these dire circumstances, I could probably use a hug =P

Astonishing Member

Well played, Gen.

Very well played.

I'll choose Manny.

Manny is much smaller than me (im 4 incehs taller and 70lbs more muslce), which gives me hope for the good ol drunk bullrush.

He's also taken many more shots to the head, meaning he might knock himself out if the great drunk bullrush works

I would also scream something about the LGBT community or God, in an effort to distract him during the bullrush.

And if all else fails, he hits harder and would be much more likley to knock me out in one punch, those suffering less brain damage than Floyd tapping me in the face for 20 minutes.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

*in my head*

I cover up and rush Pac Man. My adrenaline is flowing and my heart feels like thunder in my ears. He drives his fist into my belly and arms, dull pain flashing through my nerves, but I accomplish my objective. Now in close proximity, I wrap my limbs around his waist, pulling his body to the ground and searching for weaknesses. He grunts as more knuckles rip into my sides, but I persevere, pinning the smaller man beneath my weight. I close my arms around his neck and slowly but surely feel him cease to struggle.

*in reality*
    I stumble forward with the grace of a drunken ostrich as Pac Man easily side steps me and rips combos into my jaw at blistering speeds. I drop shortly thereafter in a heap of broken regret.

....seriously. Any advantage I may have would be null and void against an athlete of his level.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'll choose Manny.

Manny is much smaller than me (im 4 incehs taller and 70lbs more muslce), which gives me hope for the good ol drunk bullrush.

He's also taken many more shots to the head, meaning he might knock himself out if the great drunk bullrush works

I would also scream something about the LGBT community or God, in an effort to distract him during the bullrush.

And if all else fails, he hits harder and would be much more likley to knock me out in one punch, those suffering less brain damage than Floyd tapping me in the face for 20 minutes.
    Haha I love this response

Extraordinary Member

Doesn't matter. For 99% of people it ends with a sidestep and a counter that floors you

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'm much larger, much stronger and much less skilled than either of them. 4 years of JJ and 20 or so of on-and-off club level boxing aren't going to prepare me for either of them. That said, I'd probably have a better chance of actually managing to grapple and takedown on Manny: he's shorter and considerably slower than Floyd. So I'd pick him. I'd still probably lose, but that's the business, sweetheart.

Astonishing Member

You just put a pro boxer in a bare-knuckle boxing match.

I'm gonna get my ass kicked but at least I'll have the pleasure of knowing they'll have screw up their hands punching my face in.