View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

3 11.11%
  • ★★★★

5 18.52%
  • ★★★

2 7.41%
  • ★★

7 25.93%
  • 10 37.04%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wonder Woman #48 - Spoilers & Discussion

If you're part of the 2% of Wonder Woman fans who enjoy her twin brother Jason, then you'll love this issue. Everyone else will be as irritated and/or frustrated as I am that she only appears on the last page (and I guess the first if you count her being pulled away by the Star Sapphires).

The story is pretty brief - Jason fights some of the Dark Gods who then teleport away leaving only King Best in his monolith form. Mob God or whatever (ugh; as I said in the preview thread, these Dark Gods have some of the worst names in comic book history) is causing riots and driving people mad. Supergirl shows up to help Jason, followed by the Justice League (sans Superman for whatever reason; but it is the newest incarnation of the team which I guess is neat). They all help Jason briefly but then disappear (I *think* King Best teleported them away? I read it sort of in a rush this morning) leaving Jason to confront King Best himself. However, just in the nick of time, Diana appears and tells him that she will help him, as the entire issue Jason has all the power of the gods in his armor but laments about how he's not worthy/skilled/good.

So... yeah. Frustrating issue. Is this run over yet?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Probably the worst issue of Robinson's run.

This is why I question why make Jason if they are still using him has I will never been good like my sister. I don’t mind Jason but if he is going to be written like this what’s the point

Blergh. Not looking forward to reading this tonight and may need to pour a glass of Cabernet to ease my pain.

Jason Man, the star of the WW comic, has never looked more superheroic, standing beside his new JL colleagues. The uniform has never looked better, in spite of the Bat-belt and noodle-thing, wrapping around his chest and shoulders.

Can't WAIT for the action figure!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Jason is just getting downright ridiculous.

The Wisdom of Athena let's him instantly know someone's name, intentions and plans?

Ultra-Jason's powers get sillier the longer he's around, and having yet *another* all-Jason all-the-time issue was too much. If I didn't know Robinson was through, soon, I'd drop the book.

I rarely use this term, but he's coming across as a major Gary Stu - he can fly faster than Diana and save all of the people, he can use his own natural powers to counter one of the gods, he has strength just a shade under Wonder Woman's, and armor that seems to protect him from just about anything. He's the ultimate high powered swiss-army knife, but unlike Ultraboy, he has 'default' abilities (flight, strength, defenses/armor, wind/water powers) that mean all the god's abilities are just a plot-convenient smorgasboard of abilities. So far I think we've only seen speed and wisdom? There's still another 9 gods in the pantheon (assuming the armor doesn't have additional Zeus powers) and that's assuming they're limited to the major pantheon and not the minor gods.

And if that's not enough, let's add a powerful magic weapon that can appear in his hand at any time...

Really? How many more powers are they going to pile on this kid?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Can't WAIT for the action figure!
    Like the awesome Hercules UnboundTM from the Warlord Remco line, it will look right at home next to the Masters of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    If you're part of the 2% of Wonder Woman fans who enjoy her twin brother Jason, then you'll love this issue. Everyone else will be as irritated and/or frustrated as I am that she only appears on the last page (and I guess the first if you count her being pulled away by the Star Sapphires).

The story is pretty brief - Jason fights some of the Dark Gods who then teleport away leaving only King Best in his monolith form. Mob God or whatever (ugh; as I said in the preview thread, these Dark Gods have some of the worst names in comic book history) is causing riots and driving people mad. Supergirl shows up to help Jason, followed by the Justice League (sans Superman for whatever reason; but it is the newest incarnation of the team which I guess is neat). They all help Jason briefly but then disappear (I *think* King Best teleported them away? I read it sort of in a rush this morning) leaving Jason to confront King Best himself. However, just in the nick of time, Diana appears and tells him that she will help him, as the entire issue Jason has all the power of the gods in his armor but laments about how he's not worthy/skilled/good.

So... yeah. Frustrating issue. Is this run over yet?
    Actually, i’m One of the 2% that likes jason, and would love to see him somewhere else. Kind of intrigued by the WW / star sapphire connection.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Actually, i’m One of the 2% that likes jason, and would love to see him somewhere else. Kind of intrigued by the WW / star sapphire connection.
    I am sure the number is much higher.
    I like Jason very much.
    But what James Robinson is doing to Diana to
    elevate Jason is wrong.