Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    Unfortunately, I agree with you. Noone but Jean and Rachel should wield it.
    That hasn't been the case since Excalibur when it was established that other people can/had wielded it, too. Grant Morrison expanded that number in New X-Men, and then AvX came along and made it so that anybody can wield it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Reminds me of the ending of the What If? AVX mini

Bah, there’s a reason why it takes place in a NON-616 ALTERNATE REALITY

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    That hasn't been the case since Excalibur when it was established that other people can/had wielded it, too. Grant Morrison expanded that number in New X-Men, and then AvX came along and made it so that anybody can wield it.
    You're right. But that doesn't make it right.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Reminds me of the ending of the What If? AVX mini

They should give Jean and Logan a shot in 616. I mean if Scott can cheat on her then move on with his mistress why not?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    They should give Jean and Logan a shot in 616. I mean if Scott can cheat on her then move on with his mistress why not?
    Yes I agree. And Jean has made it clear that Logan is one of only two men she has ever loved.
    Jean and Logan make a very handsome couple.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Why was this needed and honestly does any modern writer bother to read ANY story about the PF before 06'?

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Jason Aaron is a bad writer period. WaTX was TRASH, his Avengers is TRASH, and this is TRASH in a bag. Does the X Office sign off on this stuff or does he have carte blanche to do whatever he wants with the Phoenix. I’m really tired of Avengers writers stealing from the X mythos to bolster their creatively bankrupt storytelling and weak franchise

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Well... other than Emma essentially raping Scott, then everyone blaming Scott because "reasons"...

...and Wolverine using her name to give Scott a personalized middle finger...

...and Wolverine using her legacy as Phoenix to deceive (read: blatantly lie to) Captain America and force the Avengers to attack Utopia...

...and then attempting to murder Hope, setting off the whole AvX event...

...and basically everything else from Schism (which was written in part by... Jason Aaron...)

So you know, all of that...

OT: Jason Aaron should not be allowed within 100 yards of any Marvel writing deck. I thought we were done with his personal schtick of "Cyclops is Hitler, Wolverine is Jesus Christ, everyone who disagrees is a big meanie", but I guess we're not. I love the Phoenix to death (it deserves better than what it's been getting recently), so all of this just pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well... other than Emma essentially raping Scott, then everyone blaming Scott because "reasons"...

...and Wolverine using her name to give Scott a personalized middle finger...

...and Wolverine using her legacy as Phoenix to deceive (read: blatantly lie to) Captain America and force the Avengers to attack Utopia...

...and then attempting to murder Hope, setting off the whole AvX event...

...and basically everything else from Schism (which was written in part by... Jason Aaron...)

So you know, all of that...

OT: Jason Aaron should not be allowed within 100 yards of any Marvel writing deck. I thought we were done with his personal schtick of "Cyclops is Hitler, Wolverine is Jesus Christ, everyone who disagrees is a big meanie", but I guess we're not. I love the Phoenix to death (it deserves better than what it's been getting recently), so all of this just pisses me off.
    Weird, most fans on this board would disagreed about the part of Scott being "raped" and that include Cyclops fans.

The rest is true for the most part, even most Wolverine fans here dislike those decisions, including me (honestly i hate the whole Schism because is was pretty obvious that Logan was put in that position for being the only one with enough profile to stand up to Scott, in their cheap attempt to made then Magneto and Xavier respectly ).
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-18-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Weird, most fans on this board would disagreed about the part of Scott being "raped" and that include Cyclops fans.

The rest is true for the most part, even most Wolverine fans here dislike does decisions, including me (honestly i hate the whole Schism because is was pretty obvious that Logan was put in that position for being the only one with enough profile to stand up to Scott, in their cheap attempt to made then Magneto and Xavier respectly ).
    Eh... I love Emma Frost. She is without a question my favorite comic book character. I adore the woman to death.

But Scott was suffering from severe PTSD during his therapy sessions with her. As a result, under most psychological evaluations, that means that he is not mentally healthy enough to consent to a relationship, making it a incredibly blurred line between rape and not.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh... I love Emma Frost. She is without a question my favorite comic book character. I adore the woman to death.

But Scott was suffering from severe PTSD during his therapy sessions with her. As a result, under most psychological evaluations, that means that he is not mentally healthy enough to consent to a relationship, making it a incredibly blurred line between rape and not.
    True, is probably why people find the whole affair compelling (being essentially 2 mess up people kind of patching each other), i personally never bought it, but many would disagreed.

For another side, i never bought Morrison's take in almost anybody, except for Logan funny enought.