Page 125 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4870
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I kind of want God Loves, Man kills as the basis for the first movie but I’m not sure if it would work

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Assuming there will be a couple years break before the first X-Men movie, I think they might introduce certain characters in solo films. I could see it being something like this

Storm in a Black Panther movie
    Rogue in a Captain Marvel movie
    Wolverine in a Spider-Man movie

Any other possibilities? I think this could be a cool way of teasing the X-Men until the relaunched movie comes
    I’m hoping we see Mystique in a Cap’n Carol movie myself. Bring her back to her roots, so to speak.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I kind of want God Loves, Man kills as the basis for the first movie but I’m not sure if it would work
    It worked for X2.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It worked for X2.
    Except they stripped down all the complex religious allegories and made Stryker a mutant hating bigot because of family reasons instead of being a madman believing he's God's sacred avenger and family reasons. I liked it better in the comics when he was shot by some no name police officer because the officer was a decent person not wanting to see children killed on live tv rather than the X-Men.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

"The truth is, I’m excited for all of them. I’m excited, and it’s not just the marquee names you know — there are hundreds of names on those documents, on those agreements.

"And the fact that Marvel is as close as we may ever get now to having access to all of the characters, is something I’ve been dreaming about for my almost 20 years at Marvel. And it’s very exciting."
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Except they stripped down all the complex religious allegories and made Stryker a mutant hating bigot because of family reasons instead of being a madman believing he's God's sacred avenger and family reasons. I liked it better in the comics when he was shot by some no name police officer because the officer was a decent person not wanting to see children killed on live tv rather than the X-Men.
    X2 let go of the complex religious allegories for complex social prejudice allegories from Stryker's story though Nightcrawler was the mutant with the complex religious views. The allegory was still in the film. None of those allegories will be in any future X-Men movies. Did we see any complex allegories in Black Panther. I don't think it is somehow magically going to happen with X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Agreed. Fox Stryker is a washed out cliche compared to Claremont's, which actually confronts religious fundamentalism, one of the most powerful forces in the world. And Kitty's path in that story is so dark and scary. His assistant not even knowing she was a mutant? And him killing her when he found out? Brutal. The cop killing him for threatening to kill Kitty?

X2 is a shadow compared to the source material.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Meh, lobotomizing mutants and using them as mindless weapons seems even more disturbing than just killing them. It will be exciting to see X-Men in the MCU but X2 is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m hoping we see Mystique in a Cap’n Carol movie myself. Bring her back to her roots, so to speak.
    Would they play out Mystique and Rogue's story with Carol? Would be hilarious if after all this pimping and pushing of her, things slowly come full circle with Carol being left comatose on the big screen.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

When the reboot happens what does everyone think the team will be. I have a hard time believing that Storm, Cyclops and Jean won't be on it. I could see Wolverine sitting the first film to get audiences to connect with other characters and not have him steal the show from the off.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Would they play out Mystique and Rogue's story with Carol? Would be hilarious if after all this pimping and pushing of her, things slowly come full circle with Carol being left comatose on the big screen.
    Something I'm personally rooting for. This Rogue fan doesn't give a hoot about Carol D. A means to an end she is >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Meh, lobotomizing mutants and using them as mindless weapons seems even more disturbing than just killing them. It will be exciting to see X-Men in the MCU but X2 is great.
    I would have preferred the real Jason as Mastermind corrupting Jean Grey in an accurate DPS, than settle for a crippled wheelchair ridden lobotomized plot device. And comic Stryker killing his newborn mutant baby on the side of the road is definitely more extreme.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    When the reboot happens what does everyone think the team will be. I have a hard time believing that Storm, Cyclops and Jean won't be on it. I could see Wolverine sitting the first film to get audiences to connect with other characters and not have him steal the show from the off.
    I think Storm is all but a guarantee. Not sure about who else tbh.

I can see them doing a Wolverine solo movie before placing him on the team.

I think you could have the villains pop up in the background of other films too.

For ex- Apocalypse in a Young Thor film, Trask and the sentinels in an Iron Man film, Mojo in Ant-man, BW/Hawkeye goes undercover for the friends of humanity, Belasco pops up in Doc Strange, SW investigates the Brotherhood of mutants etc.

Its a faster way of building up the X-verse and frees up the X films to tackle new villains.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-09-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Marvel planning not to use Wolverine?

https://www.screengeek.net/2019/01/0...lverine-rumor/

If this is true, that was fast. MCU realised he is more of a Punisher /Dardevil character. How much of X-Men stories is MCU going to use.