Page 292 of 325 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 4870

I think that's precisely why they brought Hickman in. To give Marvel a cool new set up for the mutant status quo that could be adapted to film which would make it pretty far afield of the Fox-men films.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think that's precisely why they brought Hickman in. To give Marvel a cool new set up for the mutant status quo that could be adapted to film which would make it pretty far afield of the Fox-men films.
    I dont know. I think Hickman's X-men is too complex to be adapted in film. It only works in the books of the decades worth of continuity that fed into it. The X-men would have needed to be established and around for quite some time before they could incorporate HoX. It could work for the Foxverse, but this really isnt a good story to introduce so many new concepts in an existing universe

They’ll pick and choose from it, and adapt it as they’ve done other stuff from the comics. Audiences are familiar with the X-men, if not from the Fox films then from the cartoons. So after some set up in the other Phase 4 films, I could see them opening on the school and Jean Grey shepherding some students through a Krakoan gateway to their new home. With some exposition about how they operated out of that school for years in secret, when there weren’t many mutants and they could keep them a secret from the world, but ever since The Snap and all the new mutants popping up it’s impossible to hide there anymore and it’s no longer safe. Remnants of Hydra, AIM and SHIELD have formed an organization called Orchis dedicated to ensuring that humanity has a future; and governments around the world are buying Sentinels from Trask Industries and enacting mutant registration laws. Stuff like that.

It could be done, and I think it likely will be. I also have faith that they’ll make it work and it will be great. But, who knows? That’s just my gut feeling on it. They could go old school with it and start from the beginning. I know the purists would prefer that, but my fear is it will be boring and kind of “been there done that” for a lot of folks who’ve seen the Fox films.

I do not think they’ll introduce the whole Moira X and her past lives thing. At least not initially. That might be a bridge too far.

Given how disconnected the film and publishing sides of Marvel have been before Feige's consolidation – which happened after HOXPOX – and how long Hickman's takeover was in the works, it seems unlikely that the specific intent with Hickman was to make material for the films.

Now, that isn't to say Hickman's work won't influence the films. Marvel Studios has shown a repeated interest in working with newer characters and material. Hickman's Black Order made it into the films, even. Kamala Khan is coming to the MCU and Fraction's Hawkeye will be the touchstone for the D+ series. Aaron's Thor has and will continue to be influential. But none of that source material was written for the primary purpose of providing material for the MCU.

If Hickman's work ends up influencing the MCU's X-Men, it'll be because of the critical and commercial success it's had; not because that's why it exists in the first place. (Of course, the prospect of MCU X-Men isn't irrelevant to Hickman's run; but it's relevance is likely limited to simply the fact that it provided editorial with incentive to re-energize the X-line)

Hickman was brought in to boost the X-men after it was known that Disney was buying Fox and getting the rights back, otherwise they wouldn’t have bothered. Considering they had tried to bury them in favor of the Inhumans prior to that. So this is very much about throwing stuff up against the wall in the comics to see what sticks (i.e., using the comics as an incubator/“writers lab” for the movies), and figuring out what they may want to use in the MCU version of the X-men. No doubt about that in my mind. And considering how well it’s been received, expect some of it to make it to the films.

This article makes some solid points in that regard...

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...s-influence/#3

That's more or less what I said, except that it presumes a lot more direct communication between Marvel Studios and the publishing arm of the company.

Which we have good reason to assume didn't exist at the time; BleedingCool has reported that publishing didn't know about the Eternals movie until news of the production started to leak.

Plus fans have nostalgia for the cartoon, so they could use that to help work on the movie

I think Hickman's stuff works better from the standpoint of a longer and more established group of X-Men and Mutant civilization. I think you can build up to something like that but it's definitely not how I see them first introducing Mutants and the X-Men.

Although I suspect even if we do get Krakoa or some semblance of HoxPox, it will be drastically different/toned down from what Hickman is doing right now.

BANNED

HoX doesn't make sense without the backstory of weary years of struggle to appease and become equal with humanity. Sure they could just allude to that history and start with this era of comics, but I doubt it.

On a different note. How is the movie verse going to play the thing where the other non-mutant heroes just avoid sticking up for mutants in an ostentatious way?

I prefer the X in its own universe for this and other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Plus fans have nostalgia for the cartoon, so they could use that to help work on the movie
    I do wonder if the nostalgia for XMTAS is as widespread as the internet would have you think.

I don’t know if I’ve ever met someone in real life that watched the show.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I do wonder if the nostalgia for XMTAS is as widespread as the internet would have you think.

I don’t know if I’ve ever met someone in real life that watched the show.
    I guess it probably depends what generation of people you're talking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hickman was brought in to boost the X-men after it was known that Disney was buying Fox and getting the rights back, otherwise they wouldn’t have bothered. Considering they had tried to bury them in favor of the Inhumans prior to that. So this is very much about throwing stuff up against the wall in the comics to see what sticks (i.e., using the comics as an incubator/“writers lab” for the movies), and figuring out what they may want to use in the MCU version of the X-men. No doubt about that in my mind. And considering how well it’s been received, expect some of it to make it to the films.

This article makes some solid points in that regard...

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...s-influence/#3
    It is just a rumour and was told only once probably a few monthes ago on the Lords of the Long Box show that usually are telling Mikey Sutton and 1 more other insider scoops.

They told that Marvel Studios has access for Hickman's long term plans for X-Men and that X project in development has a working title as House of X. It don't mean that HOXPOX or other Hickman stuff will be used for MCU X-Men but means that Marvel Studious can do it.

Later rumours told mutants will be introduced to MCU via Wanda Vision and Strange 2.

Just a rumour. According to Mikey Sutton on LOTLB and Cosmic Wonder:

Mr.Sinister, Savage land, Sauron, Kazar and Shanna, are planned for X-Men MCU sequel. Not for first movie. Line up for X-men is still waiting for final decision but it seems that Havok are planned for that.
    Early premise so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-v7v_KV_qo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8OwWQ0UeT4

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Just a rumour. According to Mikey Sutton on LOTLB and Cosmic Wonder:

Mr.Sinister, Savage land, Sauron, Kazar and Shanna, are planned for X-Men MCU sequel. Not for first movie. Line up for X-men is still waiting for final decision but it seems that Havok are planned for that.
    Early premise so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-v7v_KV_qo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8OwWQ0UeT4
    LOL, the first movie hasn't even began production yet, but somehow they're already working on the sequel AND those plans have leaked? C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL, the first movie hasn't even began production or been announced yet, but somehow they're already planning the sequel AND those plans have leaked? C'mon.
    Just posted what I saw. Will see It is just a rumour.