Page 89 of 325 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Wannabe Anti-Hero was more KillMonger.
    There can be more than one. This isn't Highlander. Besides, Killmonger is dead, time for another Eric to take his place.

A real life story injected into fictional movies and stories to give them more depth and a certain level of realness instead of having them become empty popcorn movies identical to MCU movies.
    Which does not make the Holocaust Magneto's story.

MCU Magneto will be no Ian Mckellen/Fassbender. We know how problematic MCU villains are already. Is there any MCU trailer that has little similarities to Captain Marvel. All marvel trailers are the same.
    I don't know about that. Marvel Studios has been pretty excellent with casting. And they seem to have gotten a grip on the perceived villain problem as well (which was never a real, actual problem).

BANNED

All marvel trailers are the same.
    They are not. The Captain Marvel trailer which you didn't even watch doesn't have a single joke in it.

And you place an incredible importance on trailers for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, obviously not. That would be daft, starting the MCU X-Men as a straight-up remake of X-Men 1 with the exact same opening story beats.

The Avengers are not beloved. Steve Rogers is a wanted criminal. Tony Stark is the guy that created Ultron and almost destroyed the world.
    Nobody even knows who the Guardians Of The Galaxy are, and the people who do know them believe they should be in prison. There are no FF.

Seems likely, doesn't this kind of thing always happen in X-Men stories?

Not seeing that happening. The Avengers did't even really exist anymore at the start of Infinity War.

[They go to... the place they live at? Sounds legit.

What exactly do you mean by invasion here?

No, this isn't a Fox movie.

One would hope so. Movies without endings suck.

Doubtful Iron Man will still be around after Avengers 4.

I. Except it won’t be a remake of X-Men 1. The subject of mutancy and mutant fear, mutant hysteria, mutant hate is dealt with through out the movie. That will be dropped in MCU X-men after 10 minutes.

II. The avengers to the public are beloved. They are heroes. Mutants are hated and feared for they are the next stage of human evolution, not because they do questionable things alone. Mutants are hated for racism and genetic heritage. That is not comparable to anything else. If there is any compensation, those who wanted xmen to remain separate always had the concerns, knowing Disney will blur the lines to make their tones similar.

III. Some xmen stories have invasion, should be treated like War of the worlds written by HG Wells not Avengers.

IV. I see this happening, avengers coming in, the financial rewards of cinematic universe is to smash all these characters together, who cares if it is necessary.

V. Without X-Men 3 and X-Men Apocalypse-rocked earths, buildings and destroyed, damages upon damages that the government can't realistic pay off , the X-Men have fun without any real danger or actual stakes. Some thrown in out of places jokes everywhere are not found in X-Men movies. I always loved xmen movies better for their limited large based battle moments.

VI Tony won't die. he will be retired but will crop up until RDJ is 80 year old.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-21-2018 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I don't saw any romance in that. It felt very Audre Lorde to me.
    Romance for Storm and Nightcrawler? That is a new fan theory that ends here. 14 years of this movie, there are no romantic signs anywhere. What I see is friendship and respect. They bounded for similar reasons.

The Netflix shows are part of the MCU...
    Netflix shows are not part of the MCU. I thought that has been settled. When I hear Netflix are part of the MCU, it is a few people trying to distance the obvious, mcu movies have gotten too Disney branded but do we need any more confirmation after the treatment of James Gunn.

if they were part of the mcu, the tone will be the same. Gifted and X-men movies have nothing to do with the other but the tone is the same. Legion has nothing to do with Xavier from the films. still, both characters can be just as messed up and untrustworthy. I expect MCU Xavier to be as flat as Black Panther.

If we were to play the game, The thor trailer should have been like Days of Future past. The Thor trailer had unnecessary comedy from the start. from the trailer, I did not need to go on IMDB to see the movie classified under comedy which shouldn't be when you have Ragnarök attached at the end of the film's title.

Let's get one of the non-blue ones for that instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree. The X-line has a horrible track record of using their non-human characters for diversity(eg Skin, Blink, Bling). Iceman would work well as Latino. Angel could be Chinese. Cyke too, for that matter. I'm not really a fan of race-bending, but if you're going to do it, don't hide it under body paint/latex or CGI all the time.
    I should have mentioned I wouldn't have Beast be blue. Just large hands and feet, agility and canine teeth. I suppose that would bother most people but I actually like him as non-blue.

Not that Beast would be a front runner in a film if I was making it though.

Like I said, i would personally use more of the already diverse characters but wouldn't mind changing some of the O5 if they feel the need to use them.

I think the most popular diverse characters are Storm, Jubilee, Iceman and Bishop. I wouldn't mind seeing an approach to Sunfire.

Bobby as Latino could definitely work for sure. That would be awesome for me as a queer latino, and lord knows Rictor will probably never make it to the big screens.
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 09-21-2018 at 04:07 AM.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think I've had my fill of your gymnastics. You can enjoy your Fox-films on Blue Ray and DVD as long as you like. I look forward to a new interpretation at the MCU.
    Amen to the bolded part!

The Fox era of the X-men is over and done with and I'm very happy it's gone.

I honestly don't even care if they continue Deadpool at all, the two movies were good but its not something I would miss if they were gone. The last X-men movie was quite boring and got a very average to poor reception, the main X-men franchise needs some love from the folks that are not ashamed to embrace the colorful wackiness of the comics (translation, a hard reboot). Honestly, the only character i will miss is Jackman as Wolverine but thankfully (and luckily) his story has been wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I should have mentioned I wouldn't have Beast be blue. Just large hands and feet, agility and canine teeth. I suppose that would bother most people but I actually like him as non-blue.

Not that Beast would be a front runner in a film if I was making it though.

Like I said, i would personally use more of the already diverse characters but wouldn't mind changing some of the O5 if they feel the need to use them.
    Beast was all those things you said in First Class. Banshee made a joke about him by calling him big feet. Mystique had to shut him down.

Beast's transformation was a highlight of First class apart from Magneto pulling a submarine from the ocean.

This can pop up in MCU movies, however the speech Beast gave to Mystique of the importance of taking the serum will be left out of MCU X-men.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-21-2018 at 04:20 AM.

Romance for Storm and Nightcrawler? That is a new fan theory that ends here. 14 years of this movie, there are no romantic signs anywhere. What I see is friendship and respect. They bounded for similar reasons.

Netflix shows are not part of the MCU. I thought that has been settled. When I hear Netflix are part of the MCU, it is a few people trying to distance the obvious, mcu movies have gotten too Disney branded but do we need any more confirmation after the treatment of James Gunn.

if they were part of the mcu, the tone will be the same. Gifted and X-men movies have nothing to do with the other but the tone is the same. Legion has nothing to do with Xavier from the films. still, both characters can be just as messed up and untrustworthy. I expect MCU Xavier to be as flat as Black Panther.

If we were to play the game, The thor trailer should have been like Days of Future past. The Thor trailer had unnecessary comedy from the start. from the trailer, I did not need to go on IMDB to see the movie classified under comedy which shouldn't be when you have Ragnarök attached at the end of the film's title.
    What are you talking about the whole plot of Daredevil season one was Kingpin buying land after the battle of New York in Avengers 2012. Jessica Jones was attacked by a woman who mother died in the Battle of New York. As for Tone it's called a diverse world where just like ours only a unimaginative creative team would make everything the same in their universe.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-21-2018 at 06:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What are you talking about the whole plot of Daredevil season one was Kingpin buying land after the battle of New York in Avengers 2012. Jessica Jones was attacked by a woman who mother died in the Battle of New York. As for Tone it's called a diverse world where just like ours only a unimaginative creative team would make everything the same in their universe.

Wait a minute just catching up onto the thread are you Jaddor/Selena/Tarantino?
    The connection is only nominal, at best. The movies never reference what's going on in the different series, and it's been made pretty clear in the past there's not going to be any meaningful crossover between them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Wait a minute just catching up onto the thread are you Jaddor/Selena/Tarantino?
    The big clue is that same Magneto origin youtube clip again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The connection is only nominal, at best. The movies never reference what's going on in the different series, and it's been made pretty clear in the past there's not going to be any meaningful crossover between them.
    There not being any meaningful crossover doesn't mean they're not still part of the MCU.

Nor should there be most movie fans don't watch the TV shows and getting the film actors at their pay would be a waste if for TV guest appearance and not a movie unless it's these new Disney Streaming shows where they star.

BANNED

I. Except it won’t be a remake of X-Men 1.
    That's what I said.

II. The avengers to the public are beloved.
    Citation required.

III. Some xmen stories have invasion, should be treated like War of the worlds written by HG Wells not Avengers.
    Marvel comics... have you ever read one?

IV. I see this happening, avengers coming in, the financial rewards of cinematic universe is to smash all these characters together, who cares if it is necessary.
    Well, I suppose there is a first time for everything. So far the Avengers have not smashed into films that didn't have their name in the title.
    Except for Civil War, but that's kinda baked into the concept of Civil War.

V. Without X-Men 3 and X-Men Apocalypse-rocked earths, buildings and destroyed, damages upon damages that the government can't realistic pay off , the X-Men have fun without any real danger or actual stakes. Some thrown in out of places jokes everywhere are not found in X-Men movies. I always loved xmen movies better for their limited large based battle moments.
    I honestly have no idea what this word vermicelli is intended to communicate.
    But the X-Men have a near-extinction event in every main team movie.

VI Tony won't die. he will be retired but will crop up until RDJ is 80 year old.
    That remains to be seen. His death is already set up pretty well in Infinity War.

BANNED

The big clue is that same Magneto origin youtube clip again.
    It was this:

... their top tiers films could give the TDK DC movies a run of their money...
    ... for me.

Didn't Feige just recently allude to that not being so set in stone anymore, and likely inevitable, in the future?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Didn't Feige just recently allude to that not being so set in stone anymore, and likely inevitable, in the future?
    Eh... He's been saying that for a very long time now.

It was this:
    ... for me.
    Also a good one.

And there is of course the single-minded anti-MCU, anti-jokes barrage of posts and the holocaust fetish.

We're really just missing bizarro spelling for actor names and out-of-context quotes from directors.