Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
I can imagine a Disney new cut would lean more to the Tom Holland's Spiderman movies. A full head anti clockwise path for the source material. There was already uproar when the movie was rated pg 13 since most horror films needs to be R to capture the horror angle and new mutants is based on horror xmen stories called the demon bear saga.

I think the movie had a chance, I would have placed my bet on it far better than a Kinberg directed dark phoenix movie but when rumors started flying disney was buying fox, the date got pushed back, more reshorts and finally fox going under, its over for this movie and we are now in a place of what might have been as we know what the future now holds for new mutants, the oringal concept alone is not a disney forumla movie as disney would never make a horror movie staring teenagers. its impossible.

With Spiderman gone, Disney would need to capture the superficial kid friendly angle again and new mutants are the best heroes to do so in disney' eyes because all disney would see is young teens, which is quite dumb because Cable took in the new mutants and trained them to be x-force, a more brasher and violence x-men team and most of their comics featured darker fantasy concepts.
Funny how the situation with the movie turned out, given that, having read some of the earliest issues, the series seems about as far away from horror as you can get, Brood attacks and Demon Bears notwithstanding. I mean, I would've pegged the comics for a PG-13 movie adaptation myself.