Page 324 of 325 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325 LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah. Gaspard Ulliel would be a perfect Gambit. The problem is that he will be too old to play Remy when it is time for MCU X-Men. He is 35 now.
    He was my classical pick for Gambit, but I agree, it's too late for him now. Between him and Gemma Chan, we really missed out on perfect Gambits and Psylockes.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Yeah. Gaspard Ulliel would be a perfect Gambit. The problem is that he will be too old to play Remy when it is time for MCU X-Men. He is 35 now.
    He still looks younger and way more fit for the character then Tatum...never got that casting. But I agree maybe Gambit and Rogue should be in their early 20's.... Iceman, Kitty and Jubilee in their late teens....Cyclops, Betsy, Storm, Jean, Nightcrawler and Colossus in their mid to late 20's...Banshee, Beast, Moira, Forge and Logan in their mid to late 30's...Professor and Magneto should be 50.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He was my classical pick for Gambit, but I agree, it's too late for him now. Between him and Gemma Chan, we really missed out on perfect Gambits and Psylockes.

Never heard of him but looked him up and he totally has the look. Also, he doesn't look that old to me? He could still pass as 20's (unless those pics are old).

Is he also a good actor? If he is, I wouldn't care about him being played by a slightly older actor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    He still looks younger and way more fit for the character then Tatum...never got that casting. But I agree maybe Gambit and Rogue should be in their early 20's.... Iceman, Kitty and Jubilee in their late teens....Cyclops, Betsy, Storm, Jean, Nightcrawler and Colossus in their mid to late 20's...Banshee, Beast, Moira, Forge and Logan in their mid to late 30's...Professor and Magneto should be 50.

But mutants age slower. I mean how else could Magneto still be youngish despite having his history.

Then again, I've seen lots of resistance towards the idea that mutants age slower.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But mutants age slower. I mean how else could Magneto still be youngish despite having his history.

Then again, I've seen lots of resistance towards the idea that mutants age slower.
    He got de-aged, probably more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Never heard of him but looked him up and he totally has the look. Also, he doesn't look that old to me? He could still pass as 20's (unless those pics are old).

Is he also a good actor? If he is, I wouldn't care about him being played by a slightly older actor.
    He's a very good actor. He's french, so his acting style is more inwoards compared to the americans, specially in the MCU, who are more "showers". Which would fit Gambit I guess...more mysterious but yet charming.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Gaspard Ulliel should have been starring as Gambit for years now, already. Fox dropped the ball. He can't start as Gambit in 5 years, though, even if he's still holding up nicely now. I will forever thank the gods that Tatum never got shot in the role, though. The man might have been a decent Remy back at the very start of his career, but not when they were actually trying to do the film. To me, Remy still feels like a younger character. You could do a teenaged Gambit and it would be great(Romeo and Juliet, but in New Orleans, and it's the Thieves vs the Assassins). Even now in the comics after decades of stories, I feel like he's still in his late 20's max.

Beast is only one or two years older than the rest of the O5. Bobby was 16, Scott/Jean/Warren, 17, and Hank 18/19 in issue one. I don't think you have to overemphasize the age difference, rather just the difference in personality. And I hope we start the MCU X-Men as college aged kids. I want to see most their journey, not hear about it in exposition. You can cast Logan and Forge on the older side of things, but the main cast should be like Tom Holland's age at most.

I would put Xavier and Magneto at about 40-55. They would have been even younger in the original comics, but that's a good age to match most of the established MCU characters like T'Challa, Dr. Banner, or Dr. Strange(who should be their peers more or less).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To me, Remy still feels like a younger character. You could do a teenaged Gambit and it would be great(Romeo and Juliet, but in New Orleans, and it's the Thieves vs the Assassins). Even now in the comics after decades of stories, I feel like he's still in his late 20's max.
    If the rumors of a series are true, I hope this is what they do. Show him in NOLA, thieving and romancing BellaDonna. The series could end with him leaving NOLA or that could be a season finale and then the next season could be about him working with Sinister.
    Make Good Art

This guy’s MCU X-men designs are so sick: Storm, Beast, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Cyclops...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...6773#gs.a668n7

And his Wolverine...

578662EB-230D-455B-9F0D-C6FB57CDE017.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This guy’s MCU X-men designs are so sick: Storm, Beast, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Cyclops...

And his Wolverine...

Oh...they are!

give me all of those!

can't wait to see them in the MCU..... it feels like it will take forever now.

Hope he does Jean, Emma and Betsy next.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

And his Wolverine...

Absolutely gorgeous. This artwork makes me hanker for a Santa Monica Studios produced X-Men game more than anything. I thought he really nailed the designs for Scott, Kurt, Hank, and Ororo in particular. I really like what he has done with the uniforms. Storm looks very regal and formidable in that pose.

The artist managed to create designs that seem true to the classic comic book look of each character while also appearing somewhat functional. If this aesthetic was used for Marvel Studio's version of the X-Men, I'd be a very happy camper

You and me both!

So many people fancast French actors for Gambit, which I think only makes half sense. Gambit is not French and wouldn't have a French accent. I feel like the Cajun accent would be pretty hard for a non-native English speaker. It would make more sense to cast a native English speaker who can speak French. Like a Quebecois actor, or better yet, someone with Cajun roots.

EDIT: Just looked into Gaspard's accent for Hannibal. I didn't watch it, but I guess he was able to attempt an American accent. Kinda like Eva Green!
    Last edited by superjosh; 07-13-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Today is the 20th anniversary of the first X-men film.

Time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    Today is the 20th anniversary of the first X-men film.

Time flies.
    Cool! X moviee saved Marvel comics from bankruptcy and gave a lot of great moments. They were not perfect but I am glad that they happened.