Page 118 of 325 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's Nathaniel Essex/Mr. Sinister and High Evolutionary.
    Sinister might be in New Mutants and X-Force.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-15-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Would love to discuss this further because y'all bring up some good points - but to get back on topic does anyone have an idea of a writer for an MCU X-Men movie? We're likely to see something after 2021 at the earliest.
    Michael Dougherty if Godzillia: King of The Monsters is as great as it looks.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-15-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Who should be the big villain? We've done Magneto to death and back (literally), Apocalypse is too recent, Sentinels annoy me to no end, and we might be getting Shi'ar and Skrulls in Dark Phoenix.
    Acolytes. Krakoa. Belasco + Illyana. The Brood. Pre-Magneto Genosha. Mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's Nathaniel Essex/Mr. Sinister and High Evolutionary.
    These are great choices. Sinister is the last remaining BIG X-Men villain to not appear in a movie - even though the appearances the others have had may have been lacking. I'm also going to pretend that the Selene they're introducing in Dark Phoenix isn't really Selene at all, as she's getting the Psylocke Last Stand treatment, and just say we still need Selene.

There's also Spiral/Mojo. Though I'm not sure how well that would go over. Would probably be just fine for a Deadpool movie. Stryfe would be good but needs to be more centered around X-Force and Cable. Madelyne Pryor via Inferno storyline would likely be too complicated and would need to involved Sinister anyways as well as Jean dying or not being around. Exodus would need to tie into Magneto and I agree thats's been done to death. None of those really would work in the main X-Men movies.

Apartheid Genosha is a rich concept; that original Outback era story was incredible, and X-Tinction Agenda wasn't too shabby either. I actually think that part is far more interesting than anything we saw of Magneto's mutant homeland version.

The Brood Saga would be incredible, and be a good option for a space opera if the MCU doesn't want to do the DPS again. Plus Carol can cross over in it too for her Binary phase(after Rogue steals her powers in CM2).

I am a firm believer in Krakoa being MCU's #1 X-Men movie. It just makes sense. I'm even fine with the talking island monster/nuclear fallout angle. I'd even call it X-Men:Children of the Atom.

A proper Morlocks story could be good too, you know, Paul Smith's version where Storm and Callisto have that knife fight. X3's version was so far off it wouldn't be a retread. Set them up in one movie, then do Mutant Massacre in another. Mr. Sinister and the Marauders would be good too for that.

Do all of those first, and then we can do a proper Magneto on Asteroid M with the Acolytes, several years down the road. By then the Fox-Men films will be distant, faded memory.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

In terms of set locations, what should be used as the Xavier Institute? Clearly, Hatley Castle is a bit too familiar, seeing how we've used it to death.

Hatley Castle is a bit too familiar, seeing how we've used it to death.
    The very reason I think they should set it in the Austrailian Outback, and have a makeshift school in a bunker under an old ghost town saloon hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    So did you miss Infinity War or what?
    I didn't actually but it never had the same impact. it's kind of like the moon landing. those who went after Apollo 11, no one ever cared or knew who they were. somethings can only be captured once in a life time. when you try to make it happen again, it doesn't necessarily work.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I think it all boils down to good writing..
    It was not fatigue, star wars 7 was set 30 years after. I find it very ironic when I think of star wars and all the complaints from fans that it feels too much like marvel movies. it is about good writing, we saw all the comparisons to Luke Skywalker's arc and Logan's arc in Last Jedi and Logan in 2017, to the dismay of many star wars fans, who wanted luke to be as well written as Logan was and he wasn't. I don't think good writing has ever been disney's strength for their current live action films.
    Disney can afford to payroll some of the best writers and let's hope they've learned their lesson with lackluster ticket sales from Solo recently. Not that it was a bad movie at all, I think fans just have Star Wars fatigue
    A lot of the times when Disney hires people to write, they clash due to creative control and are forced to leave the project. Solo had to be reshot. many directors who signed up for marvel movies never finished the movie, never came back for sequels or their oringal films was never the final movies.

Ed Wright is one of the best writers in movies, multiple sources including Joss Whedon and Simon Pegg said his Antman's script was the best marvel script. Disney never used the script. which is a shame since x-men has some of the best written stories in comics and most of their best movies are the best because of good writing not because it was fun.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-15-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I didn't actually but it never had the same impact. it's kind of like the moon landing. those who went after Apollo 11, no one ever cared or knew who they were. somethings can only be captured once in a life time. when you try to make it happen again, it doesn't necessarily work.
    From your post you don't like Avengers comics or MCU films but you see the MCU films say what you want about them but hey they get you to watch.

It was not fatigue, star wars 7 was set 30 years after. I find it very ironic when I think of star wars and all the complaints from fans that it feels too much like marvel movies. it is about good writing, we saw all the comparisons to Luke Skywalker's arc and Logan's arc in Last Jedi and Logan in 2017, to the dismay of many star wars fans, who wanted luke to be as well written as Logan was and he wasn't. I don't think good writing has ever been disney's strength for their current live action films.

A lot of the times when Disney hires people to write, they clash due to creative control and are forced to leave the project. Solo had to be reshot. many directors who signed up for marvel movies never finished the movie, never came back for sequels or their oringal films was never the final movies.

Ed Wright is one of the best writers in movies, multiple sources including Joss Whedon and Simon Pegg said his Antman's script was the best marvel script. Disney never used the script. which is a shame since x-men has some of the best written stories in comics and most of their best movies are the best because of good writing not because it was fun.
    Yes they used his script Wright was credited. Also what's wrong with fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    From your post you don't like Avengers comics or MCU films but you see the MCU films say what you want about them but hey they get you to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yes they used his script Wright was credited. Also what's wrong with fun?
    Can the two of you please knock it the hell off already? You two are the majority of the reason I closed the Dark Phoenix thread and you're back to the same crap again here. Literally the same argument non stop. Just freaking stop.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Who should be the big villain? We've done Magneto to death and back (literally), Apocalypse is too recent, Sentinels annoy me to no end, and we might be getting Shi'ar and Skrulls in Dark Phoenix.
    I hope Sinister gets a chance to be the main villain an an MCU X-men movie. He's different from Magneto, complete with different goals and different tactics. He has the potential to be another Loki in terms of charisma and deviousness. A good actor could really give the character a strong presence. And one actor who has expressed interest in playing Sinister is Bryan Cranston. If you've seen Breaking Bad, then it's easy to see how he could do justice to this role.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I hope Sinister gets a chance to be the main villain an an MCU X-men movie. He's different from Magneto, complete with different goals and different tactics. He has the potential to be another Loki in terms of charisma and deviousness. A good actor could really give the character a strong presence. And one actor who has expressed interest in playing Sinister is Bryan Cranston. If you've seen Breaking Bad, then it's easy to see how he could do justice to this role.
    Sinister would be amazing! He can be the over-the-top stereotypical bad guy in the comics at times, but I think it's a character that can have a lot more depth, especially with someone like Cranston playing him.

I was just re-reading the X-Cutioner Song crossover from the early 90s with Sinister, Apocalypse and Stryfe. I love how they introduced different bad guys but it takes a few issues to figure out who is really behind everything. I think a movie that uses misdirection like that would be really interesting and bring something new to the X-Men movies after Magneto and Apocalypse. That or take a completely different approach and adapt the original Brood story and make something similar to the first Alien movies

Hrmm... I feel like Sinister is the LAST classic X-Men villain I'd want to see on the big screen. He's far too... methodical, and focused(?) a villain to handle and deal with in one movie. Plus there's this perverse fixation he has with "Summers" DNA which never felt like it made much sense since it was the Grey genetic structure that results in Phoenix-compliant powers.

He might be perfect for a X-Men tv series, as he's more of a long-form mastermind and manipulator than a force to be reckoned with like Magneto and Apocalypse.