Page 276 of 325 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4870

The Disney+ angle really changes the game. I think we will be in for a treat if they actually do use whole seasons to set up the big films, and give us the screentime these characters need to actually shine at their brightest.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The branding should take them were ever their source material leads. they are after all saying they are adapting comics.
    My point was more that we don't know if Hawley and Mangold's ideas work with the longer-term plans Marvel Studios has. At the end of the day, the latter are going to have seniority. Heck, I would like it if Mangold got to do his X-23 movie as the Logan spinoff it was no doubt intended to be, but I'm not sure that Marvel Studios wants "non-canon" Marvel movies mixed in with the MCU.

Reason I don't think Magik and x23 will show up and if they did, they will be very different from the source material for reasons that will be hard to sell.
    I don't know much about Magik, but Logan changed X-23 to fit their story and people loved it. There's stuff untapped by the comics that could make for a good reboot of the character.

already discussed.

Though I wonder how and why Feige will want to let Noah Halwey and James Mangold slip from this fingers after the masterclass of Legion and Logan and their great contribution to the X-Men universe live action adpations.

Speaking of Hawley his views on star trek where he said, he is a compete story teller first and is not into CGI action as they lack substance is what made his Legion good and why he is perfect to make an xmen or doom movie but at the same time, I know it will be the one of the many reason MCU will let Hawley walk away.
    See above; Marvel Studios knows what they need and they don't need to work with specific directors to make their projects a success. I'm sure they would like to, but, at the end of the day, I don't think there are many offers they can't refuse.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Disney follows the money. They'll bend over backward to get it. I'm not concerned. .

Disney bending over backwards, they could do it with spiderman. and you know what, I am actually sort of fine with it but at the same time I want Disney to create another setting to contain this stuff. I still think Deadpool 3 will be pg 13 in the end.

I'm far more concerned with how long Fiege and the board think they can ride "action-comedy" to the bank
    Yes, its a growing concern again he can continue his action comedy stuff just keep xmen far away from that.

I was thrilled with the notion that Strange 2 was going to dip into horror, and assumed it would be bloodless, Lovecraftian, and "possession movie" in its style. I'm worried I'll be bored with Cumberbatch, again.
    I never believed Dr strange would be horror, I just never expected the director to walk away as he did. I liked Cumberbatch in the role, he carried the first movie. I will still favour James over Gambit, the split multiple personality concept would make for great character study, its almost like a time travel tale of meeting multiple versions of yourself without the time travelling. it could be a very fresh concept in the genre of Sci fiction and comics.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-13-2020 at 03:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Disney+ angle really changes the game. I think we will be in for a treat if they actually do use whole seasons to set up the big films, and give us the screentime these characters need to actually shine at their brightest.
    Yup, I don't know how many X-characters can really do their own movies. But small teams for short Disney+ runs?

Now that sounds perfect.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have never used Disney plus and know next to nothing about it.
    Are the Disney plus doing okay?
    are they succesfull enought to think Disney could contemplate giving the X-men one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    are they succesfull enought to think Disney could contemplate giving the X-men one of those?
    I thought Disney plus said they would not have any adult content. Did you hear of the bizzare story of the missing X-Men TAS episodes on Disney plus? some marvel fans were paranoid that Disney may have been removing some episodes of the show on purpose.

https://netflixlife.com/2019/11/19/d...order-mistake/
    Disney draws backlash from X-Men: The Animated Series fans after order mistake

An X-Men TV show will do better on HBO streaming service. I am not just talking about money been spent well. Watchmen speaks for itself. X-Men has a much larger political and social content than Watchmen. Disney plus seems too weak to take that on but still better than ABC TV, Hulu may be the better choice.

It's still pretty early, it just rolled out, but there were many subscriptions. The Mandalorian is well-received. The MCU tie ins haven't launched yet, so it's still too early to say, but Disney is in it to win it, I don't see this buckling anytime soon.

And it might spill over into Disney+ pieces. Gimme a Johnny Storm/Bobby Drake roomie situation.
    Am sure Disney would want a real F4 movie. F4 is basically Pixar's Incredibles live action done right with some heavier material, I dont see Johnny Storm on Disney plus.

As for Bobby, there is the social stuff, Disney may want to see how that plays out first with Enternals
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-13-2020 at 11:41 PM.

*Eternals 101010

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It's in its infancy right now. It'll be easier to answer those questions once we see Loki, Winter Soldier/Falcon, and the rest of the slate on the horizon. They are using the network as part of the MCU though, we know that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Yup, I don't know how many X-characters can really do their own movies. But small teams for short Disney+ runs?

Now that sounds perfect.
    X-Factor Investigations would be perfect.

BANNED

X-Factor Investigations would be perfect.
    I could definitely see X-Factor working as a Procedural series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I could definitely see X-Factor working as a Procedural series.
    Give us Jamie, Lorna, and Guido in the same Disney+ NYC as the Defenders.

Bonus points if they introduce Bishop as a District X beat cop.

Can Disney/Marvel rehire Emma Dumont?

BANNED

Give us Jamie, Lorna, and Guido in the same Disney+ NYC as the Defenders.

Bonus points if they introduce Bishop as a District X beat cop.

Can Disney/Marvel rehire Emma Dumont?
    Only if they promise not to do her wrong like Gifted did....

I like the idea though, X-factor is perfect.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    *Eternals 101010
    The Internals will be the inevitable pr0n parody.