Page 317 of 325 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 4870
    Amazing Member

Solid points from Havok and Jack. I work in healthcare and am cautiously hopeful for a Q2 2021 vaccine. Here in the USA, I believe there are tens of millions who are asymptomatic (and not counted in current statistical figures) and may never get ill, but can pass it on to those in the risk categories. So, I fear the numbers are much worse and also fear we might see a mutated (pun alert) strain. At some point, society may need to make the difficult decision on sacrificing the few to save the many if we don't recover. I just hope Disney doesn't rush during a "window" of calm and opportunity if COVID slows down the road.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    They are not making all movies at once. All divided on phases as usual. Plus or minus it will be 6-8 projects per year. Ideally 4 movies and 4 D+ shows. Phase that consist from 20 projects for 3 years easilly can have X-Men movie, Excalibur show, Gambit and Wolverine shows, NM and other stuff.

They won't be waiting 10 years to introduce more mutants then just 1 X-Men team. Different X teams and solo characters will coexist in the same time for sure.
    Are you forgetting they also already still have an existing MCU with 100 characters to account for.

Bah. Once the X-men return to prominence no one will care about those other characters. It will be like the 1990s all over again, with the X-men dominating.

I’m kidding... kind of. The X-men could be exactly the “right now” franchise the MCU really needs. While the Avengers and other MCU heroes are all chiseled and beautiful, and pretty darn white (though increasingly becoming more diverse), the X-men could really lean into that outcast feel. With actors that don’t have perfect bodies and faces. I want a Wolverine who looks like a brute. Not ugly, but not traditionally handsome either. Stocky, barrel chested and angry. Kind of like the character Rip from ‘Yellowstone.’ Just a bad, mean sumbitch who will beat your ass. A Storm who is tall, black and while beautiful, also has a bit of an outcast vibe to her from years of living on the streets of Cairo as well as being worshipped as a goddess later in life in Kenya. A Nightcrawler who is every bit the fuzzy, warm outcast we know and love from the comics. Again, not traditionally handsome. Skinny with perhaps more angular features.

Even the O5 shouldn’t be all handsome, expect for maybe Cyclops, but of course he feels like the biggest outcast of all with his visor/ruby quartz glasses on all the time. Like he hides behind them at times. And I would be fine with adding more diversity amongst the majors. Cyclops being Hispanic, or part Hispanic at least (on his Mom’s side I guess with a name like Summers); Iceman being gay (like in the comics now); perhaps Beast being Samoan or something like that, and big and wide and heavy set but strong as hell and extremely agile for all his size and bulk. And I think Nightcrawler could be black or some other ethnicity too. Just because he’s German doesn’t mean he automatically has to be white underneath the blue fuzz. Just saying. Angel probably needs to be white I would think. Definitely more of a privileged white kid, but not necessarily I suppose. Lots and lots to play with here.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-06-2020 at 12:30 PM.

lol, I can't believe some people are seriously suggesting replacing the actual X-Men with X-Brats for MCU...How's the weather in la-la Land?

Also, Rosamund Pike for Emma Frost is perfect casting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bah. Once the X-men return to prominence no one will care about those other characters. It will be like the 1990s all over again, with the X-men dominating.

I’m kidding... kind of. The X-men could be exactly the “right now” franchise the MCU really needs. While the Avengers and other MCU heroes are all chiseled and beautiful, and pretty darn white (though increasingly becoming more diverse), the X-men could really lean into that outcast feel. With actors that don’t have perfect bodies and faces. I want a Wolverine who looks like a brute. Not ugly, but not traditionally handsome either. Stocky, barrel chested and angry. Kind of like the character Rip from ‘Yellowstone.’ Just a bad, mean sumbitch who will beat your ass. A Storm who is tall, black and while beautiful, also has a bit of an outcast vibe to her from years of living on the streets of Cairo as well as being worshipped as a goddess later in life in Kenya. A Nightcrawler who is every bit the fuzzy, warm outcast we know and love from the comics. Again, not traditionally handsome. Skinny with perhaps more angular features.
    Not going to happen, you won't even get this if they switched to tv in Hollywood. Being true to the comics everyone will look like a super-model. As much as I'd like to see it.

Even the O5 shouldn’t be all handsome, expect for maybe Cyclops, but of course he feels like the biggest outcast of all with his visor/ruby quartz glasses on all the time. Like he hides behind them at times. And I would be fine with adding more diversity amongst the majors. Cyclops being Hispanic, or part Hispanic at least (on his Mom’s side I guess with a name like Summers); Iceman being gay (like in the comics now); perhaps Beast being Samoan or something like that, and big and wide and heavy set but strong as hell and extremely agile for all his size and bulk. And I think Nightcrawler could be black or some other ethnicity too. Just because he’s German doesn’t mean he automatically has to be white underneath the blue fuzz. Just saying. Angel probably needs to be white I would think. Definitely more of a privileged white kid, but not necessarily I suppose. Lots and lots to play with here.
    That'd be great, the 05 are far too white.

Ha! this would be bad ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

That'd be great, the 05 are far too white.
    Holy Sh!t we agree on something!!
    Last edited by BroHomo; 07-07-2020 at 12:36 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Looks like Disney’s decision to release Hamilton on Disney+ to drive subscriptions was a good one...

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/ax...mshare#story10

I’m telling y’all, streaming is the future and Disney sees that. Expect lots of X-content on Dis+.

If you are changing Cyclops' ethnicity my preference is to go with Tlingit (Alaskan First Nation) as I don't remember seeing much of them in any media - Inuit, the Big 3 of the westerns (Navajo, Commanche, Apache), and older stories set during the colonial period tend to show eastern tribes such as Iroqouis and Algonquin seem to take up the majority of Native American roles. Having Scott not even know about that part of his heritage until later would let the audience learn with the character.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I could see that. Then again, I always viewed Cyclops as more of a military brat living in Alaska because his father was a Major in the Air Force. So I didn’t see him as indigenous to the region, rather a transplant due to his father’s military service. So Latinx made sense to me. Especially since they’re criminally underrepresented in Marvel Comics amongst the huge catalog of American heroes considering they’re the second largest and fastest growing demographic in the United States (non-Hispanic white is 60%, Hispanic/Latinx is 18.3%, Black/African-American is 13.4%, etc.).

All the 'too white' comments are extremely cringey levels of woke y'all. Marvel/Disney is anything BUT racist and/or bigoted. Must we comment on it constantly? It's getting old.

LOL...Disney has a long history of being racist.

No Nightcrawler nor Beast need to not be non-whites. Thats false diversity and it kills me when people suggest that the characters who's race are erased by their non-realistic skin color be the ones to represent the underpresented minorities. If you want to race swap characters as some message than dont make it the characters who visually will not stand at as being a part of that group. Be bold and change the races of the likes of Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey for example. And by latino, let it be a brown person like a Gina Torres, not a white hispanic who passes to the point that it doesnt matter
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-07-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Marvel/Disney is anything BUT racist and/or bigoted.
    Splash Mountain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Splash Mountain.
    That's not so cut and dried. Most people forget that Song of the South was set in the POST-war era. Still not exactly an accurate depiction of the Reconstruction era, but not quite as bad as when it was assumed to be a pre-CW plantation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...Disney has a long history of being racist.

No Nightcrawler nor Beast need to not be non-whites. Thats false diversity and it kills me when people suggest that the characters who's race are erased by their non-realistic skin color be the ones to represent the underpresented minorities. If you want to race swap characters as some message than dont make it the characters who visually will not stand at as being a part of that group. Be bold and change the races of the likes of Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey for example. And by latino, let it be a brown person like a Gina Torres, not a white hispanic who passes to the point that it doesnt matter
    Change Wolverine's race and you have to change his backstory. "Son of a wealthy middle late-19th Century Canadian Landowner who's actually the son of said landowner's cheating wife and groundskeeper" doesn't work if he can't pass as white. Canada may have been BETTER about race relations at the time than the United States, but it was STILL 19th Century North America, and you would be VERY unlikely to find wealthy landowners who weren't white. You could maybe get away with making Thomas Logan a Native, but Logan himself still has to look convincingly like James Howlett to be passed of as his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Change Wolverine's race and you have to change his backstory. "Son of a wealthy middle late-19th Century Canadian Landowner who's actually the son of said landowner's cheating wife and groundskeeper" doesn't work if he can't pass as white. Canada may have been BETTER about race relations at the time than the United States, but it was STILL 19th Century North America, and you would be VERY unlikely to find wealthy landowners who weren't white. You could maybe get away with making Thomas Logan a Native, but Logan himself still has to look convincingly like James Howlett to be passed of as his son.
    LOL...Wolverines backstory is not important to the character especially since he went decades without it. That mystery is what played up in most of his early stories, especially as he grew to heights of popularity. I really do not expect them to change his race at all but it definitely wouldnt be because of his origins, which do not matter to the character. Its not like the origins of lets say Spider-Man or Captain America. Wolverine's backstory never has to be touched and he would still be good