Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
The problem isn't fans wanting to see the X-Men film universe as it currently exist continue. It's expectations and the problem of the new version being held up in comparison to other films which were relatively good (Logan, the original 2 films).

Star Wars fans weren't happy with Solo and Last Jedi, and the box office shows it. Or in failed reboots of superhero movies like Amazing Spider-man.

What Marvel Studios did with Iron Man and the Avengers didn't have much comparison to films which are held in high regard. If they do a halfway decent Fantastic Four movie, fans will be thrilled. But with X-Men, it's like Spidy. There's a comparison to other films which people do like. The difference is Tobey Maguire isn't going to put on spandex and keep slinging webs. But there's very much an awareness of comparisons with the Raimi Spider-man movies with the Homecoming series - which was missing in the failed Sony reboot. And JK Simmons might be back as J Jonah Jameson.

Keeping some amount of continuity where elements or characters fans liked are kept so it's not an entire reboot might have avoided some of the problems of the audience rejecting the Amazing Spider-Man.

And I don't think the X-Men fans on here are who Feige cares about. It's the general audience who didn't see Dark Phoenix and like Hugh Jackman.
I'm pretty sure that Feige cares about building a good connected universe and doing his best takes on the characters more than... Pleasing people who liked Logan and the original trilogy? And I don't really get how that relates to what you're talking about... And what you're talking about in the first place.