Page 106 of 325 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    X-Force won't get canceled because DP is a hit and I doubt the average person is even aware a New Mutants movie is coming out. So no they won't get pounded because nobody will care.

Are they really that old? I've never honestly noticed.

But yeah, I like the idea at keeping them young to start off. Isn't that what they did for the ultimate X-Men too?
    X-Force may not get cancelled but it could end up becoming a shell for what it was originally meant to be. The average person knew new mutants was coming out, it was very much Fox venom's and like venom, we have seen how the media and some who only liked marvel made movies by Disney have tried to hurt the film or make people not interested but thankfully that did not work with Venom and was never going to work with new mutants either, also when you consider Fox has a superior track record to Sony and new mutants was announced after Logan with deadpool becoming a surprise hit for not being the typical comic movie we have seen a 100 times.. the average person was aware that comic movies wanted to branch out to other subgenres including horror. Disney putting a stop to that will create a lot of massive backlash, especially if new mutants does come out on streaming and turns out great.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.

My vote for Xavier he's 47 so not a bad age Ewan McGregor

Gave Star Wars their due giving Trek theirs too Alexander Siddig for Magneto backstory I'd give him son of Holocaust Survivors who met in the camps his parents were a Romani Woman and Jewish Man. He lived in Eastern Europe during the 90's Genocides and sent his children Wanda and Pietro to Sokovia.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-11-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why on earth would that happen in a million years?
    Captain Marvel 2, in which an X-person steals her powers and Carol becomes a nobody. I'm not seeing that happening.
    Given the MCU versions of Carol's power levels which are suppose to be the most powerful being in the MCU Rogue cold still a little and be at full comic strength while Carol losing very little of her powers. Also Carol losing some of her memories after regaining them would make for good conflict with the X-Men which could help set up a XvA if they ever go there. I hope they don't but it's a possibility.

A video of how Disney will be making the future X-Men movies.

1.09 is almost scary and unrealistic at first but with news James Gunn is moving to DC Warner Brothers and could be directing suicide squad 2 not so scary anymore unless Disney can name one flawless person who has never made a silly and quite harmless mistake. it is not as if Gunn killed anyone or tried to rape anyone.

I don't know how 1.09 will work with the tone of X-Men comics since the video does states ''all marvel movies must operate under Disney rules'' and when you are watching a marvel movie, ''you are essentially watching a disney movie''. Will that change with X-Men giving X-Men's movie track record to be bold, serious and fearless making comic movies outside all those rules? if it doesn't. Houston, we have a problem.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-11-2018 at 11:46 AM.

If recasting anyone got any ideas for Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Sonequa Martin Green

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Sonequa Martin Green
    That's a decent choice. I was going to say Gabrielle Union, but I had no idea she was already 45 years old. i'm not expressing ageism, I'm just saying that someone pushing close to 50 by the time the movie comes may not be the best fit for a start in a franchise. I'm really out of touch of current media though, aside from a handful of shows. I liked Green in TWD.

BANNED

I might be alone in this (It certainly feels like it.) but I detest the idea of another round of X-Men films trying to make something of a teenage Jean & Scott.
    I guess I'm not convinced this has actually been attempted yet. In fact, I'd argue their relative insignificance in past attempts makes for a golden opportunity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Ariel Miranda?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Sonequa Martin Green
    Would be cool to see her with Okoye. Walking Dead reunion!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Ariel Miranda?
    I assume you mean Aeriél Miranda. Because Ariel Miranda is a male baseball player.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    I don't know how 1.09 will work with the tone of X-Men comics...
    Considering that this refers to what a creative person does in public and not to the content of the films, I don't see how it matters.

I might be alone in this (It certainly feels like it.) but I detest the idea of another round of X-Men films trying to make something of a teenage Jean & Scott.
    I understand where you are coming from and you are right but remember harry potter main characters started off as kids. they had a lot of problem and faced a lot of things many adults cant even deal with in a disney movie. harry potter and the chamber of secrets can rival any xmen movie that dealt with the issue of prejudiced just swap mutant racism with mudbloods and muggle borns.

Harry Potter characters in the later movies were teens but very layered as characters and very matured and even wise beyond their ages. Hermione Granger is many women's life lessons today. Tobey Maguire's character was a teen in spiderman and 1 and 2, yet those movies especially spiderman 2 were heavy movies.

the problem with making xmen teens with disney is disney will only see it as a means to sell toys alone. wrongfully capitalising on the fact that because they are teens, it is okay to dumb down the movies further than we can reach. you wont be looking at X-Men teen characters that you can't compare or relate to even if you are not a teen yourself unlike hary, ron, hermione or peter parker, mary jane, harry osborn. You would be looking at teens form riginal disney films, this was the major downfall of Spiderman Homecoming.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-11-2018 at 12:41 PM.

BANNED

Sonequa Martin Green
    Excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    In fact, I'd argue their relative insignificance in past attempts makes for a golden opportunity.
    Agree to disagree. My position is that a teen Jott romance plot sucks all the air of a story, cause we all know what happens.

I want X-Men action with Storm front and central. Preferably flanked by Deapool's Colossus and Max Mauff's Nightcrawler.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 10-11-2018 at 12:36 PM.