Page 154 of 325 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4870
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Dazzler is gonna team up with Tigra in that new cartoon. They might start pairing mutants with non-X-Men team to make them more inclusive. Solos aren't 100% solos. Jessica Jones had Luke Cage and "Hellcat." And plus, te MCU is trying to create a world, so the any solos will be a part of the MCU.

You have to factor in that Marvel only makes three movies a year currently.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Surely that'll now change? They'll have all the resources (studio facilities, equipment, staff) that Fox had, which means added capacity. It's mostly management types getting pink slips.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

They’ll probably be weary of over satuaration, at least to an extant.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Surely that'll now change? They'll have all the resources (studio facilities, equipment, staff) that Fox had, which means added capacity. It's mostly management types getting pink slips.
    At most they would do 4 movies a year.. but honestly we need a great X-MEN trilogy before we worry about solo film's imo
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There have been more X-solos than Guardians solos in recent years. In just the last 5 years we've had Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Magneto, Jean Grey, Cable, Iceman, Old Man Logan, Wolverine/X-23, MMX, Domino and minis for Shatterstar and Multiple Man. Avengers doesn't count since they're by nature solo characters.
    And I'd be remiss if I didn't note that in all of those solos and minis, Marvel decided they couldn't be bothered to even do a oneshot of Polaris. Even when she's the most popular character of a TV show and Shatterstar and Multiple Man weren't and aren't in anything.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    And I'd be remiss if I didn't note that in all of those solos and minis, Marvel decided they couldn't be bothered to even do a oneshot of Polaris. Even when she's the most popular character of a TV show and Shatterstar and Multiple Man weren't and aren't in anything.
    Pretty sure Domino and Shatterstar got some solo focus because of Deadpool 2. JDW reportedly didn't have foreknowledge of just how brief Shatterstar's appearance in the movie was going to be when he commissioned that miniseries, though. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Pretty sure Domino and Shatterstar got some solo focus because of Deadpool 2. JDW reportedly didn't have foreknowledge of just how brief Shatterstar's appearance in the movie was going to be when he commissioned that miniseries, though. Whoops.
    Good point on Shatterstar appearing in Deadpool 2, though that's still one appearing in one film vs one appearing across multiple episodes of a TV show as one of the main characters. So there's really no excuse that makes it anything but bias on Marvel's (or his, if the decision came down to JDW) part.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Is the gifted really that popular though?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Is the gifted really that popular though?
    Not going by ratings I mean this last season pulled in worst ratings than Daytime Soap Operas and that's a dying genre in the United States.

If they can butcher the Legion stuff to milk 5 issues to tie in to that show and accidentally do a book about what movie audiences saw as a complete joke, then they are morally obligated to do a Polaris mini. With uh... Whitley.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    accidentally do a book about what movie audiences saw as a complete joke
    What’s this a reference to?

shattybuns
    i do like the new shattybuns book tho
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Shatterstar mini.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Again ALL of that is stuff they added in decades after she was created. For so long she really didn't have much of a past. By that time she was so interwound with the X-Men most people just don't see her as a solo character.

With Wolverine they were smart and realized he could carry a book and started giving him minis and then an ongoing. With everyone else they have just waited too long and the long list of failed series kinda proves it.
    the same is true for wolverine. he started having a couple of appearances in hulk and then appeared in giant size xmen. he just had more development that occurred some time after the giant size issue than the rest of the characters.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    shattybuns
    i do like the new shattybuns book tho

I literally understand maybe one out of every five post you make. Sometimes it's frustrating