Page 105 of 325 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4870
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    She's an iffy pick, but she's been around for so long and so practiced that I can see her playing all the emotions required in a Carol vs Rogue storyline, and remaining a sympathetic villain. And we're basically talking about a film that'll be released in 2021.

Plus she's the right age for the ideal Gambit.
    That's fair. She is someone I could wrap my head around as Rogue (if she could get a good southern accent).

Chalamet, though, I could definitely see as Remy
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    If the deal closes in January, very unlikely new mutants and xforce will be released. So what if New Mutants heads to streaming becoming the comic book version of Mudblood. Wonder how Disney will handle that later if they chose not to put it on screen, imagine the backlash, accusation of creative robbery from other directors and the more accusation they are only interested in making movies that are all about selling toys.
    That hasn't happened with Annihilation or Mowgli so will you please stop trying to make this always XCU/Fox VS Disney fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Thanks. I caught a LOT of flavk for the pick, but people need the remember the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing about Gambit is he’s a charming cad. You need to think less Avengers musculature and more Ocean’s Eleven cool.

Gotta build toward a Romy screwball comedy action film.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Avengers
    A-Force
    Avengers vs X-MEN
    Movies based on Avengers vs X-Men would be...interesting. AvsX is definitely not my favorite story arcs in my comics and I think I'm not alone there, but the villains have been one of the weakest points of the MCU outside of Civil War and Thanos. Pitting the Avengers (what is left of them after Infinity Wars 2) and the X-Men would really take the concept of Civil War further and maybe bring something new to the genre. I feel like it's going to be hard to top the two Infinity Wars movies and am hoping they use the X-Men to keep things new and interesting post-Infinity Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's fair. She is someone I could wrap my head around as Rogue (if she could get a good southern accent).

Chalamet is incredibly talented but I feel like his range is more suited to drama, introspective movies, etc. The best comic book character portrayals have been from people who can bring that larger than life charisma and intensity to the screen. Chalamet has something that is a lot more subtle than that.

The recent Fox movies have made me realize I'd rather see older versions of the X-Men. And I think it would be really weird to have super young versions of the classic X-Men characters interact with the aging MCU characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    You mean the dozens of people who will tweet about it but not actually care by the end of the week? Yeah I imaged Disney is quaking in its boot at just the sheer thought of it
    You probably didn't get the Mudbood reference but Disney would be quaking in its boot once they get pounded for choosing not to release a superhero movie that thought of itself and dared to be very different, especially if the superhero movie turns out good and I mean Logan/DOFP/Deadpool good. Also isn't disney a company right now still taking heat for their star wars/marvel movies/marvel animation? all of these products have all dropped in quality. they are better off avoiding another drop in quality moment or lack of creative moments and one of the best way to do so, is not to ever attempt to cancel new mutants and xforce should they get fox by January 2019
    Last edited by Hall; 10-11-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That hasn't happened with Annihilation or Mowgli so will you please stop trying to make this always XCU/Fox VS Disney fight.
    Its not an XCU/Fox vs Disney debate but New Mutants is an XCU movie and Disney will have the power to cancel it because it does not fit their family friendly brand, they could just put it on streaming, that is what I don't want to happen. A superhero movie that has the potential to start of a new subgenre and bring in freshness to to the status quo we have now does not deserve to go on streaming just because the company who now owns the rights refuses to do those type of movies.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-11-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Its not an XCU/Fox vs Disney debate but New Mutants is an XCU movie and Disney will have the power to cancel it because it does not fit their family friendly brand, they could just put it on streaming, that is what I don't want to happen. A superhero movie that has the potential to start of a new genre and bring in freshness to comic movies to the status quo we have now does not deserve to go on streaming just because the company who now owns refuses to do those type of movies.
    You're missing the point Mowgli and Annihilation were put on streaming because the studios didn't have faith in them Annihilation in particular was moved because the Director who had final cut refused to "dumb down" the film as the Studio wanted but nobody threatened to boycott Paramount it didn't hurt Paramount even little outside of one or two articles that were gone by the next news cycle there wasn't even outrage over it being moved to streaming when it was a an all female leads film. So a little research shows how pointless your argument is outside of trying to start a XCU/Fox VS Disney crap and it really needs to stop. I know you're not big on Disney Kids films but check out Frozen.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-11-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Chalamet is incredibly talented but I feel like his range is more suited to drama, introspective movies, etc. The best comic book character portrayals have been from people who can bring that larger than life charisma and intensity to the screen. Chalamet has something that is a lot more subtle than that.

The recent Fox movies have made me realize I'd rather see older versions of the X-Men. And I think it would be really weird to have super young versions of the classic X-Men characters interact with the aging MCU characters.
    Chalamet is cute as a button and very talented, but I agree, he doesn't have the bombast necessary for Remy. He could be a great Slim Summers, though.

That said, I think most of the MCU casting skewed too old(to match RDJ), but would prefer to see the X-Men debut as college aged and grow up into late 20's/30 over the course of several films. The comic characters are barely 30 even after 5 decades of adventures, and it just makes more sense for them to be college aged at the beginning if they are taking orders from Professor X at his "school". The Fox-Men films have just not done them justice as youngsters. The age isn't the problem, it's the execution. MCU Spidey and Scarlet Witch have proven themselves to be quite competent despite their age; I'd like to see the X-Men cast as their peers, and Prof X/Magneto can be closer to mid 40's/50 to match RDJ/Strange/T'Challa in the Illuminati bracket(even if they don't actually use that story).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I know a few people who have seen bad times at the el royale, they found it to be very good and different obviously. Drew Goddard is on a role as a major upcoming director. Would be a massive shame if his X-force movies never hits the big screen since we know new mutants and xforce getting cancelled or put on streaming wont be because of lack of faith. far from it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Chalamet is cute as a button and very talented, but I agree, he doesn't have the bombast necessary for Remy. He could be a great Slim Summers, though.

That said, I think most of the MCU casting skewed too old(to match RDJ), but would prefer to see the X-Men debut as college aged and grow up into late 20's/30 over the course of several films. The comic characters are barely 30 even after 5 decades of adventures, and it just makes more sense for them to be college aged at the beginning if they are taking orders from Professor X at his "school". The Fox-Men films have just not done them justice as youngsters. The age isn't the problem, it's the execution. MCU Spidey and Scarlet Witch have proven themselves to be quite competent despite their age; I'd like to see the X-Men cast as their peers, and Prof X/Magneto can be closer to mid 40's/50 to match RDJ/Strange/T'Challa in the Illuminati bracket(even if they don't actually use that story).
    Is it possible they skewed older as a long-term strategy too? It makes it easier to move on from them at some point. (How well planned that was from the beginning...I don't know)

I like the idea of starting with the X-men as teenagers, it makes the "newcomers" feel more authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Is it possible they skewed older as a long-term strategy too? It makes it easier to move on from them at some point. (How well planned that was from the beginning...I don't know)

I like the idea of starting with the X-men as teenagers, it makes the "newcomers" feel more authentic.
    I don't think that was a long term strategy. I think they just got RDJ, he nailed it, and then they built up from there piecemeal. I don't think anyone knew from the jump that the MCU would become the thing it has.

I do think casting the X-Men young, and close to their manifestation, is crucial though. If they did come on board as mid-late 30's like Pratt, the obvious question becomes: where have they been? Their powers manifest in their tweens/teens, so they've had their powers for 20 odds years already? That's no fun. I think the best part of the X-Men concept is seeing them master their powers in the Danger Room, gel as a team, and watch them grow as heroes. You can't really do that if they are already well into their 30's. It's okay for Iron Man, because he doesn't really become Iron Man until he builds the suit(which can really be whenever age wise), but the X-Men manifest at a very specific time, and their whole concept is really rooted in the disenfranchised youth/finding one's place in the world ethos.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

You probably didn't get the Mudbood reference but Disney would be quaking in its boot once they get pounded for choosing not to release a superhero movie that thought of itself and dared to be very different, especially if the superhero movie turns out good and I mean Logan/DOFP/Deadpool good. Also isn't disney a company right now still taking heat for their star wars/marvel movies/marvel animation? all of these products have all dropped in quality. they are better off avoiding another drop in quality moment or lack of creative moments and one of the best way to do so, is not to ever attempt to cancel new mutants and xforce should they get fox by January 2019
    X-Force won't get canceled because DP is a hit and I doubt the average person is even aware a New Mutants movie is coming out. So no they won't get pounded because nobody will care.

I don't think that was a long term strategy. I think they just got RDJ, he nailed it, and then they built up from there piecemeal. I don't think anyone knew from the jump that the MCU would become the thing it has.

I do think casting the X-Men young, and close to their manifestation, is crucial though. If they did come on board as mid-late 30's like Pratt, the obvious question becomes: where have they been? Their powers manifest in their tweens/teens, so they've had their powers for 20 odds years already? That's no fun. I think the best part of the X-Men concept is seeing them master their powers in the Danger Room, gel as a team, and watch them grow as heroes. You can't really do that if they are already well into their 30's. It's okay for Iron Man, because he doesn't really become Iron Man until he builds the suit(which can really be whenever age wise), but the X-Men manifest at a very specific time, and their whole concept is really rooted in the disenfranchised youth/finding one's place in the world ethos.
    Are they really that old? I've never honestly noticed.

But yeah, I like the idea at keeping them young to start off. Isn't that what they did for the ultimate X-Men too?

I didn't think about it like that. You have an excellent point about how the X-Men need to be young so we can see them dealing with getting their powers.

On the other hand they can cast older people for the core characters we've seen in Fox movies, cast some teens/college age kids to play another generation of X-mansion students and tell us that the X-Men were busy dealing with Magneto in their own little corner of the shared universe while the Avengers dealt with the big cosmic threats. I mean it's pretty much how it works in the comics.

I'm just thinking the next phase of the MCU will probably introduce some of the younger characters like Ms Marvel, the new Nova kid, Miles Morales, etc. It's going to be really weird if we have these characters be the same age as Cyclops, Jean, etc. I'm really curious to see what Disney decides to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

Are they really that old? I've never honestly noticed.
    I had to look it up because I honestly had no idea how old these people were. Right now Evans is 37, Hemwsorth is 35, Ruffalo is 50, Johansson is 33, Sebastian Stan is 36. Renner is 47, Cumberbatch is 42, Boseman is 40, Pratt is 39. I really don't think they were too old when they got cast.
    Last edited by Rover; 10-11-2018 at 11:03 AM.

I might be alone in this (It certainly feels like it.) but I detest the idea of another round of X-Men films trying to make something of a teenage Jean & Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Ya'll should be fancasting Rogue and Mystique for Captain Marvel 2. Cause that is almost ASSUREDLY going to happen.
    Why on earth would that happen in a million years?
    Captain Marvel 2, in which an X-person steals her powers and Carol becomes a nobody. I'm not seeing that happening.