Page 80 of 325 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    This post is pure confirmation bias. They gave Storm and Nightcrawler their own subplot in X2, had them save the world, and made Storm the leader of the X-Men in X3. Remember?

Halle Berry was basically the Jlaw of the original trilogy. They even had similar screentime.
    Didn't you initially credit them for not using trilogies...and now you sort of acknowledge that they did? So, given that, you realize you are comparing the screen time in three movies to the screen time in two right? We don't know Jlaw's screentime in the upcoming movie....so on what basis do you make that claim?

If you think Storm is an example of treating the characters well on the big screen, well, I sort of think that says a lot. It's may be the third worst (after Jean and Cyclops) in the series. I will happily list some things I think Fox did well. But by and large they failed far, FAR more characters than they handled well. And we haven't even talked about the timeline/continuity bungling.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 09-20-2018 at 08:50 PM.

This is pure confirmation bias. They gave Storm and Nightcrawler their own subplot in X2, had them save the world, and made Storm the leader of the X-Men in X3. Remember?

Halle Berry was basically the Jlaw of the original trilogy. They even had similar screentime.
    Halle Berry? The JLaw of the original trilogy? That's laughable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    The full force of Disney means you are getting hype, shallow positive receptions and zero pay off when the dust clears. Disney put all their force to back up their Spiderman and Star Wars movies, Many still came to the conclusion they are not the best Spiderman and Star Wars movies we have seen. I thinks that is how things we play out for their X-Men.
    Homecoming was pretty well received. Which is a minor miracle considering the Spiderman burnout that was existing at the time.

I just don't think they have a high bar to clear. Starting with something like, I don't know - "don't utterly trash two of the most central characters in the mythos". Start there and work our way up.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    If they did an O5 movie they'd have to do some serious racebending, which will anger some people. Their best bet is to just pick a more diverse team as the First Class OR do a call back or flash back to the O5 just to establish a timeline.

Although, I wouldn't be opposed to a Hank McCoy that was South East Asian, Arab or Latino
    I agree with whoever said Jeffrey Wright would make a great Beast. He’s great in Westworld and the Hunger Games movies.

It’s surprising more people don’t suggest a Black actor for Cyclops. Isn’t there an AU where he’s Black?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Didn't you initially credit them for not using trilogies...and now you sort of acknowledge that they did?
    ???

So, given that, you realize you are comparing the screen time in three movies to the screen time in two right? We don't know Jlaw's screentime in the upcoming movie....so on what basis do you make that claim?
    Not talking about all together. But in X2 and X3 it’s around what Jlaw got in DOFP and Apocalypse.

If you think Storm is an example of treating the characters well on the big screen, well, I sort of think that says a lot. It's maybe the third worst (after Jean and Cyclops) in the series. I will happy list some things I think Fox did well. But by and large they failed far, FAR more characters than they handled well. And we haven't even talked about the timeline/continuity bungling.
    Can you explain to me how she was treated the third worst without comparing her to the comics?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I imagine the new X-verse will firmly exist within the MCU but will likely be doing its own thing most of the time (outside of the occasional cameo, waster eggs & cross over).

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Halle Berry? The JLaw of the original trilogy? That's laughable.
    It’s only laughable to people with confirmation bias. They admitted they gave her a bigger role in the sequels and more screentime(around Jlaw’s) after she won that Oscar, similar to Jlaw. Remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I imagine the new X-verse will firmly exist within the MCU but will likely be doing its own thing most of the time (outside of the occasional cameo, waster eggs & cross over).
    That’s how I want it to be.

BANNED

Not talking about all together. But in X2 and X3 it’s around what Jlaw got in DOFP and Apocalypse.
    Please provide some evidence for this. It seems utterly preposterous on the face of it.

Can you explain to me how she was treated the third worst without comparing her to the comics?
    She was a bit player with terrible dialogue in the first movie. They talked nothing about her history, her ancestry, and all the other components that made Storm a goddess. She was given a supporting role in the third most important story in X2. She was given the leadership of the X-men in X3 - a terrible movie which was mostly about Wolverine and Jean. Not exactly forefront.

I honestly don't know how anyone with a straight face can say the movies have done right by Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Now i can't wait to hear news about X-men T.V. shows and animated cartoons.
    TV is where it’s at.

With so many great characters, hard to do in a 2 hour movie.

I want a FAITHFUL ADAPTATION of Xmen stories sprinkled among new tales.

I honestly don't know how anyone with a straight face can say the movies have done right by Storm.
    Amazing to me to see people try to bend facts to say this. I would argue that Ororo was slighted far more than Jean(we at least got to see a backstory for her in the OT, and she got something of a Phoenix arc, butchered though they were). Cyke really got shafted. Let alone Rogue.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Halle Barry - 7:45, 10:30, 13:30

JLaw - 20:15, 15:45

Your claim is not accurate in the least.

Talk about confirmation bias.

Homecoming was pretty well received. Which is a minor miracle considering the Spiderman burnout that was existing at the time.

I just don't think they have a high bar to clear. Starting with something like, I don't know - "don't utterly trash two of the most central characters in the mythos". Start there and work our way up.
    It depends on what you call pretty well received. if memory serves me, Logan came out that year and was pretty well received, not just in the same way that Spiderman Homecoming was. DOFP was out the same time as many marvel movies, all were pretty well received but DOFP seem to be pretty well received for many thing marvel movies can't seem to do. story/themes. I said on another thread, DOFP is one of the rare movies , the performances of the actor added to the overall reception of the movie.

MCU highest bar, is the Winter Solider. X2 already set a higher bar. DOFP had a higher bar ironically that same year both films came out in 2014.

To say they don't have a high bar is just not true, and I don't have to add Logan that just set a higher bar than The Dark Knight.

And making him this huge figure in his life.
    To the dismay of many Spiderman fans, it was not about retelling Uncle Ben dies again as Marvel feared, it was about making him still have an impact in Spiderman's life, something Homecoming failed to do. Replacing him with Stark was a drop the ball moment.

People are right that X-Men and Spiderman are the true A-Listers. many of us are usually the least most impressed with Marvel movies. Our characters just do better when they are our characters and the story/themes are what our movies are about.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-20-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    TV is where it’s at.

With so many great characters, hard to do in a 2 hour movie.

I want a FAITHFUL ADAPTATION of Xmen stories sprinkled among new tales.
    With the news of the Loki and Scarlet Witch shows coming to Disney's streaming network, I think the future is bright for seamless crossovers from small to big screen, which would really help develop the X-Men more fully. With so many characters and histories to cover, it makes more sense for serial adaptation.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The series that talking racoon and tree came from had better reception than the O5 era. So that’s not exactly a good comparison.
    It's a falsehood the 05 era was some failure it was a hit for a while then slumped and was actually doing well again but the numbers came in after the book was put to reprints. Not advocating an 05 movie just hate when people act like that era was a failure in the comics.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-20-2018 at 09:11 PM.