Page 256 of 268 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4015
  1. #3826
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's ridiculous when directors try to make a film whose length surpasses what they can actually show in theaters. It ruins movies because you can tell they wanted to fit in more than you see. I.E., Justice League.
    In this case, it was likely done because of the June release date. It was an insanely crowded summer. Remember, this was originally going to release in the fall until Fox forced it to the summer so Alita could get the February date.

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Unless your Dave Cameron, Star Wars, or Avengers 4, I wouldn't write a script knowing it'll either not be shown, or it'll be extra on a DVD people probably won't buy because the movie got bad reviews for not looking complete. I watched Justice League twice, and never knew there was a longer cut.
    It’s actually doing fine on home media.

    https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25786
    Last edited by The Shape; 10-07-2019 at 05:50 PM.

  2. #3827
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Wouldn’t it be sweet if we saw the Savage Land on film? Superheroes and Dinosaur definitely seems like a winning combination for a crowd pleaser.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  3. #3828
    Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    It’s actually doing fine on home media.
    Even if it is doing well on home media, I think as a director, it's a disservice to your craft when you don't offer a cinema experience of your complete work knowing that you have to tell the audience, who pay and look forward to seeing the best, after they watch it, "I know it's not the complete, but wait until it comes out in a couple of months on DVD." I'm talking about Snyder.

    Kinberg did reshoots to fix something, but it didn't help the fact that the whole story was rushed. He should've stuck with the Phoenix Saga.

  4. #3829
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Even if it is doing well on home media, I think as a director, it's a disservice to your craft when you don't offer a cinema experience of your complete work knowing that you have to tell the audience, who pay and look forward to seeing the best, after they watch it, "I know it's not the complete, but wait until it comes out in a couple of months on DVD." I'm talking about Snyder.

    Kinberg did reshoots to fix something, but it didn't help the fact that the whole story was rushed. He should've stuck with the Phoenix Saga.
    I don’t think that was his call to make it that length(under two hours is unusually short for a superhero movie) but the studio based on Claremont’s statement about their being a lot of studio interference.

  5. #3830
    Condescending Member manymade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I don’t think that was his call to make it that length(under two hours is unusually short for a superhero movie) but the studio based on Claremont’s statement about their being a lot of studio interference.
    I always assumed Kinberg had a pretty big say in the matters of the franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if it was studio interference but also wouldn't be surprised if it was his choice.

  6. #3831
    Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I always assumed Kinberg had a pretty big say in the matters of the franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if it was studio interference but also wouldn't be surprised if it was his choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I don’t think that was his call to make it that length(under two hours is unusually short for a superhero movie) but the studio based on Claremont’s statement about their being a lot of studio interference.
    I wouldn't believe that a first time director who was responsible for the franchise going awry would have enough say for much anything. Fox knew people would see the X-Men no matter what because they've been releasing duds. Disney Studios created a challenge for them they weren't expecting because name recognition didn't save them, and it was all they had.

  7. #3832
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I wouldn't believe that a first time director who was responsible for the franchise going awry would have enough say for much anything. Fox knew people would see the X-Men no matter what because they've been releasing duds. Disney Studios created a challenge for them they weren't expecting because name recognition didn't save them, and it was all they had.
    Kinberg wasn’t really responsible for X3 if that is what you are thinking. From what I understand he wrote a draft that was heavily rewritten by Zak Penn due to studio mandate because they felt it was too dark and expensive. Claremont has even defended the writers on that film and he HATES X3.

  8. #3833
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Random thought, but can anyone totally see Ansel Elgort as Longshot?




    Just color his hair blonde, digitally alter his hands to have forum fingers, and have him do that sparkly eye thing he does when he uses his powers. I easily see it work.
    He's a quite tall fellow, isn't he? Dancer or not, it might be hard to make him look like an acrobat. Personally, I think he would make a good Cyclops if the films decide to go with a relatively young (twentysomething) team.

  9. #3834
    Incredible Member Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Just curious...

    If they introduce Elixir, how are they going to handle his potential story-breaker power? His omega biokinesis could probably make a lot of stories end much quicker, what with how he can cause instant death to his enemies and heal his allies no matter how bad their injuries are. He can do his death touch and kill people with it even if they're supposed to be invulnerable (because it bypasses all of that). He could probably walk up to people like Thor and Captain Marvel, just finish them with a tap if he were a bad guy.

    Granted, Elixir isn't A-list, which might mean he won't appear for a while, but Feige said he wanted to expose more "marquee" mutants and that's what he is.

    I get the feeling that with Elixir around, they'll try to have him struggle with his powers, have him get knocked out fast, have him conveniently not be there, or flat-out massively nerf his powers (the latter seems like a cop-out though). To be fair, Elixir is hardly the only overpowered monster the X-Men brings in, but he is one of the less talked about ones.

  10. #3835
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Unless your Dave Cameron, Star Wars, or Avengers 4, I wouldn't write a script knowing it'll either not be shown, or it'll be extra on a DVD people probably won't buy because the movie got bad reviews for not looking complete. I watched Justice League twice, and never knew there was a longer cut.
    I'm just saying that plenty of movies take it into theatres that are over two hours, and honestly few major movies that are much less than that.

  11. #3836
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,350

    Default

    Gambit to be rebooted in MCU without Tatum
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...ing-tatum/amp/

  12. #3837
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,702

    Default

    It was cool that he tried and showed lots of appreciation for the character, it didn't work at the end but it may have been for the better, there is no information about Gambit on the MCU (if he even appears) but it could have way more posibilities than going solo.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-20-2019 at 12:31 PM.

  13. #3838
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit to be rebooted in MCU without Tatum
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...ing-tatum/amp/
    WGTC is usually bullshit. This honestly just seems like speculation and obvious assumptions. Like, yeah, that movie is dead, no shit. Tatum won't be playing Gambit? Yeah, that's a safe assumption. Gambit will be on the first MCU X-Men movie? Possible, but I'm pretty sure no one already has info of what the MCU roster will be, cause probably not even the people working at Marvel Studios know that already considering it's not coming any time soon.

  14. #3839
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It was cool that he tried and showed lots of appreciation for the character, it didn't work at the end but it may have been for the better, there is no information about Gambit on the MCU (if he even appears) but it could have way more posibilities than going solo.
    Tatum did he best and I respect him for that a lot.

  15. #3840
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    WGTC is usually bullshit. This honestly just seems like speculation and obvious assumptions. Like, yeah, that movie is dead, no shit. Tatum won't be playing Gambit? Yeah, that's a safe assumption. Gambit will be on the first MCU X-Men movie? Possible, but I'm pretty sure no one already has info of what the MCU roster will be, cause probably not even the people working at Marvel Studios know that already considering it's not coming any time soon.
    Will see. Ant Man 3 is rumoured for 2022. Gambit and Thieves Guilds can easily appear there.

    Also half of X team can get solo Disney+ shows before first X-Men movie.

    Not saying that it is true but easily cann be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •