Page 170 of 325 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4870
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    The downside of that is that it's gonna be a long time before we see another X-Men movie after Dark Phoenix.

The last "good" FOX-MEN came out 5 years ago. Time flies .... 2024 isn't a long time to wait imo. And I'm pretty sure Disney will do a solo Wolverine movie before 2024.

I doubt Iron Man & Captain America will be around by then so X-MEN can take over hopefully.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    ...And I'm pretty sure Disney will do a solo Wolverine movie before 2024...
    How funny would it be if, after all the complaints from people about Fox overusing Wolverine, the first MCU X-Film was a Wolverine movie?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

How funny would it be if, after all the complaints from people about Fox overusing Wolverine, the first MCU X-Film was a Wolverine movie?
    They know better than that...

It would be hilarious, but not surprising. I feel like Disney is already leaning in this direction. Wolverine was the only major X-men character that Disney highlighted alongside Deadpool during their recent presentations at Cinemacon. I think with Logan already having capped off Wolverine’s story for Fox, it makes sense to reboot and revitalize the character with a new actor and a fresh story. If done right, it could be the perfect jumping on point for mutants in the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    They know better than that...
    I definitely think it's a high chance Wolverine vs Hulk type movie releases before X-MEN
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I definitely think it's a high chance Wolverine vs Hulk type movie releases before X-MEN
    If it was me, I'd sneak that into Black Widow's solo somehow. We don't need a whole movie about them, just one epic action scene(I don't even know how that fight would be realized in the MCU, you can't have Wolvie actually hacking and slashing at Hulk in graphic detail).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If it was me, I'd sneak that into Black Widow's solo somehow. We don't need a whole movie about them, just one epic action scene(I don't even know how that fight would be realized in the MCU, you can't have Wolvie actually hacking and slashing at Hulk in graphic detail).

I'm just basing it off the fact that the only X-People that have been mentioned by Russo's & Executive's so far have been Wolverine & Deadpool.

Either way I'm willing to wait 10 years for a proper X-MEN movie my son will be old enough to understand by that time anyways.

I've been waiting over 20 years already for a great X-Men movie. I can wait a few more. Besides, I have a feeling Ororo will be showing up sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I've been waiting over 20 years already for a great X-Men movie. I can wait a few more. Besides, I have a feeling Ororo will be showing up sooner than later.

I honestly feel the wait is a good thing. X-MEN needs to be rebranded or reimagined for the new generation of 18 & Under.

I know we all love the X-MEN but most people think X-MEN are lame & boring in the year 2019. Because of those damn FOX movies and the MCU taking over the world.

Mighty Member

One thing I won't miss: skipping decades. I feel like it was effective for First Class and DoFP, but it didn't really work in Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    One thing I won't miss: skipping decades. I feel like it was effective for First Class and DoFP, but it didn't really work in Apocalypse.
    Nothing really worked in Apocalypse.

Captain Marvel 2 end-credits scene: Rogue attacks out of nowhere, copying (some of) CM's powers (but not taking them away from Carol) No time or need to explain mutancy, just a cliff-hanger to get people talking.

Black Widow (guest-starring Hulk) mid-credits scene:
    - Hulk has rampaged into Canada somewhere. In a forest, he hears a gruff voice saying "Hey bub" and turns.
    - with Hulk indistinct in background, close-up on a gloved hand, SNIKT!
    - Hulk grins, then leaps, roaring. A stubbled face smoking a stogie grins (shown from nose down only) and snarls.
    - Cut to black.

I like the BP2 T'Chaka-Storm angle that someone else said.

Feige undoubtedly can come up with something better, but there are quick ways to build excitement while stalling for time to come up with the hand-waving explanation later (Eternals or The Un-Snappening did it).

Astonishing Member

I feel like that has to do with the fact that settings kind of complimented the stories as opposed to it just being a useless backdrop for the setting like it was in Apocalypse. Honestly besides their clothes I never would of guessed it was the 80's.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hated that so much. It really took me out of it when you would look and no one looked liked they aged when decades had passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I hated that so much. It really took me out of it when you would look and no one looked liked they aged when decades had passed.
    They couldn't even bear to give Erik some white hair, despite being accurate to the comics, and the fact that the character should be around 60 in DP's early 90's.