Page 70 of 325 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Anyone else worried Dark Phoenix is 5 months from release with no trailer of any kind not even teaser and was still film CGI heavy scenes a week or so ago given set photos.
    Captain Marvel is 6 months away and they don't have a teaser/trailer either. Deadpool 2 trailer also came pretty late.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Captain Marvel is 6 months away and they don't have a teaser/trailer either. Deadpool 2 trailer also came pretty late.
    Marvel Studios track record gives me less cause of concern.

Yeah, I know. But I don't think we need to start worrying just yet.

Plus I'm not hearing all sorts of bad things out of the production like I was with Solo.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Anyone else worried Dark Phoenix is 5 months from release with no trailer of any kind not even teaser and was still film CGI heavy scenes a week or so ago given set photos.
    Not really. I will state that the anticipation for a trailer/teaser is killing me.

Given how early they finished initial production, I'd be shocked if the bulk of the CG work wasn't already done. I'd think all they would have to do is the CG work for the reshot material & editing. Trailer stuff is usually done out-of-house, right? So they wouldn't need to worry about that.

Of course, not being in the movie industry, I could be wrong about all of that.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With having to overcome all the bad production rumors and being a followup to a movie that was not as well received as the previous one I would think Fox would want to start building some positive buzz as soon as possible. Apocalypse was not a well liked movie by a lot of people so that is still going to be in the minds of the fans, so need to do as much as they can to get that bad movie out of the people minds. You just don't hear any excitement for Phoenix or the young cast at all. All you hear about is Fassbender, Mcavoy, and Lawrence (and I don't know how anyone can be excited for her being back when you could tell she gave no shits at all in the last film), but not one word on the Turner and the rest.

I think no matter what they do Phoenix is going to do worse the Apocalypse did which did worse that DoFP did.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think no matter what they do Phoenix is going to do worse the Apocalypse did which did worse that DoFP did.
    Interestingly, I remember you saying something similar about Logan in the 2017 superhero film Box Office prediction thread at the Film/TV section before it released. About it coming off not too well received films. Then it sold more domestic tickets than both Wolverine films and Apocalypse.

Based on that I think all they will need is good marketing and critical reception, much like Logan. Apparently they have a good trailer.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-14-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Speaking of CM GMA Tuesday it drops https://i.imgur.com/N1lvw80.png

Speaking of CM GMA Tuesday it drops https://i.imgur.com/N1lvw80.png
    Yay!

Still, I'm willing to wait for late marketing than crappy marketing.

The track record is not on the same track lane for X-Men. This movie is coming after Logan or is suppose to right the wrongs of X-Men Apocalypse to bring it back to the predecessor of that movie, that is the track record it is trying to follow, That will worrying anyone. Trying to follow a track record of Ant Man 2, Infinity War, Black Panther for this movie tackling perhaps the most iconic X-Men story written on paper should be a piece of cake. Trying to follow the track record of Logan or re-do a Days of Future Past. That is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Interestingly, I remember you saying something similar about Logan in the 2017 superhero film Box Office prediction thread at the Film/TV section before it released. About it coming off not too well received films. Then it sold more domestic tickets than both Wolverine films and Apocalypse.

Based on that I think all they will need is good marketing and critical reception, much like Logan. Apparently they have a good trailer.
    Dark Phoenix is not going to be Logan, regardless of how much they try. If this movie turns out to be turd, Disney will cancel it to spare the story line any damage when they want it use it in the future.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Dark Phoenix is not going to be Logan, regardless of how much they try. If this movie turns out to be turd, Disney will cancel it to spare the story line any damage when they want it use it in the future.
    Disney doesn’t own Fox yet and they have already said that they will release any Fox film that is completed or in production when they do.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-15-2018 at 01:13 AM.

Disney doesn’t own Fox yet and they have already said that they will release any Fox film that is completed or in production when they do.
    If the movie turns out to be turd among the industry circles before it gets released, Disney will cancel it to spare the story line any long lasting damage when they want to use it in the future. Phoenix is screwed in movies.

Fox Kinberg will probably mess it up because he cannot write. I don't care how much lessons he got from Claremont about the movie.

Disney will mess it up in the future by making it either a comedy or make it not as complicated as it should be.You know, dumb it down. I don't feel Disney will want to redo the story unless they change so much about it to the point it is unrecognizable.

In the end, it is a loss for us fans. The only chance they had to get the story right was in X-Men 3.

Release is a loose term these days Andy Serkis's Mowgli was done by WB and had an A List cast and still ended up going to Netflix.

Release is a loose term these days Andy Serkis's Mowgli was done by WB and had an A List cast and still ended up going to Netflix.
    Disney has undue influence too. If they don't want it, it goes.