Page 139 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4870
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    It's an alternate universe. They can do what they want. /shrug.
    yes and doing what they want can be casting characters consistent to the comic counterparts. #noracebending
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope that there is ZERO racebending of established characters. if a certain race is not represented make new characters.
    X-Men has always had diverse characters, but it'd be great if all x men were black... On the other hand you'd end up having blacks fighting other blacks to protect a country with a white majority ¬¬ maybe relocate them to Africa and have them fight the apartheid?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    It's an alternate universe. They can do what they want. /shrug.
    Yes. X-men POC are often relegated to minor status

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope that there is ZERO racebending of established characters. if a certain race is not represented make new characters.
    The X-books haven't made particularly compelling new characters of any race for a long time. Most of them are just derivatives of characters already made.

Not sure this is a better way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    X-Men has always had diverse characters, but it'd be great if all x men were black... On the other hand you'd end up having blacks fighting other blacks to protect a country with a white majority ¬¬ maybe relocate them to Africa and have them fight the apartheid?
    the first set of xmen before the giant size xmen were all white. thry hsvrny always been diverse. and not sure what the other stuff means or what point you are trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The X-books haven't made particularly compelling new characters of any race for a long time. Most of them are just derivatives of characters already made.

Not sure this is a better way to go.
    well I believe a lot that was because they didnt own the rights to the xmen. they were not necessarily making many new characters regardless of race.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm going to interject here for a minute. So far everything is fine but I've been a mod here long enough to know an argument brewing when I see one. Please be respectful of people's opinions and play nice.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Some characters like Domino have essentially no established past. The actress who plays her in the movies has one white parent, and one Black parent. We've never seen what Domino's parents look like. She's got black hair, and her skin is unnaturally pale. That's all we know.

So race bending her is not really much of a stretch, and also keep in mind the actress playing her does have a white parent. So perhaps the "backlash" from some fans had to do with their own racism.

Valkyrie in the Thor movies was race bended. But in the comics, Valkyrie became whatever woman who is the host of Bruinhilda's spirit. Which really means she could be ANY woman.

Psylocke and Lady Deathstrike have become consciousnesses that survive in bodies not their original. Lady Deathstrike's consciousness was in the body of Colombian Ana Cortes, and is now in the body of Reiko. Psylocke's consciousness was in Kwannon's body, and now is in a body she made. So her consciousness could exist in yet another body, or if she can create a body from scratch she can alter it's appearance. So either of these two could easily change their race again.

Mystique is a shapeshifter, so the actress who plays her does not matter.

I don't think they can race switch a major character like the Scarlet Witch or Cyclops. For that you need to make a new character, or just use one of the many underutilized POC characters in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don't think they can race switch a major character like the Scarlet Witch or Cyclops. For that you need to make a new character, or just use one of the many underutilized POC characters in the comics.
    MCU Scarlet Witch is practically an entirely new character with the same name(s). She has a different history, different family, different powers.

That’s ok because ALL THAT MATTERS is her relationship to Vision. It’s her one defining storyline, aside from crazy editorial mandate papers House of M. Everything else about her is almost in always in flux. Wanda could be any ethnicity if she wore red, acted spooky, and fell in love with talking appliances.

BANNED

She's still magneto daughter, so she's ethnically Jewish

She's still magneto daughter, so she's ethnically Jewish
    I thought we were discussing the reinterpretation of characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    MCU Scarlet Witch is practically an entirely new character with the same name(s). She has a different history, different family, different powers.

That’s ok because ALL THAT MATTERS is her relationship to Vision. It’s her one defining storyline, aside from crazy editorial mandate papers House of M. Everything else about her is almost in always in flux. Wanda could be any ethnicity if she wore red, acted spooky, and fell in love with talking appliances.
    Did you just equate Vision to a stove lol?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Did you just equate Vision to a stove lol?
    On craymond defence vision is more akin to a toaster

On craymond defence vision is more akin to a toaster
    Frakkin' toaster...

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Some characters like Domino have essentially no established past. The actress who plays her in the movies has one white parent, and one Black parent. We've never seen what Domino's parents look like. She's got black hair, and her skin is unnaturally pale. That's all we know.

So race bending her is not really much of a stretch, and also keep in mind the actress playing her does have a white parent. So perhaps the "backlash" from some fans had to do with their own racism.

Valkyrie in the Thor movies was race bended. But in the comics, Valkyrie became whatever woman who is the host of Bruinhilda's spirit. Which really means she could be ANY woman.

Psylocke and Lady Deathstrike have become consciousnesses that survive in bodies not their original. Lady Deathstrike's consciousness was in the body of Colombian Ana Cortes, and is now in the body of Reiko. Psylocke's consciousness was in Kwannon's body, and now is in a body she made. So her consciousness could exist in yet another body, or if she can create a body from scratch she can alter it's appearance. So either of these two could easily change their race again.

Mystique is a shapeshifter, so the actress who plays her does not matter.

I actually agree with all of this!! I think from my perspective as u said there are a host of poc characters they can pick from so do this instead of racebending. just as I would be upset if ororo was cast as an Asian woman I dont think it would be fair cyclops if he was cast as a chinese man. fans of these characters especially the more popular ones deserve to finally see their faves showcased in a manner most consistent to the characters they grew to love.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-18-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Today may very well be the last day the X-Men movie rights are in Fox's hands. Tomorrow, March 20th, is the day the Disney/Fox deal is set to close and bring the X-Men home. I just think that, after nearly two decades of movies, it's worth acknowledging.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.