Page 135 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I hope Marvel keeps shoving Carol down everyone's throats as hard as possible. I want all the haters to choke on it.
    Ahaha yeah. specially with Brie, that is a really pleasant for me

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I wouldn’t mind a separate universe but I want a complete reboot. I don’t want MCU X-men to have any connections to the Fox version.
    Well the reason why is I see many X-Men fans on the internet griping about X-Men in the MCU and wanting them separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yeah if you like the Fox X-Men yelling about MCU continuity errors and Comic Accuracy seem strange to put it kindly.
    Anything to find a problem

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I honestly wouldn’t mind if they sidelined Carol for Rogue. The more I think about her solo the more I dislike her. Like Marvel Comics, Marvel Studio is trying to shove her relevance down our throats.

First off, he’s suppose to be the strongest superhero in the MCU which is far from being in the comics. They went out of their way to create a huge retcon/plot hole that contradicts a plot point in Avengers (watch this video to see what I am talking about) so she can be the most important Avenger. And I won’t spoil it but they did Janet Van Dyne dirty again.
    Feige made it clear she will be one of the new faces of the MCU.

I have seen Captain Marvel. I hope they shove her down my throat so hard that I start cosplaying Rogue and bow to her while chanting about how I'm not worthy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Question for you guys

Would you prefer X-MEN MCU roster to be diverse?

What I mean by that is the majority of "popular" X-MEN are white.

Do you want a team filled with all white characters + Storm (Like TAS)

Or would you prefer a 7 man team for example with Cyclops & 6 Diverse heroes?

Or would you go around that by racebending characters like Beast, Angel, Rogue etc

Here's a roster I thought would be good it's a mix between O5, Deadly Genesis, & Giant Size.

I would race swaps Petra to another race

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 03-17-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Question for you guys

Would you prefer X-MEN MCU roster to be diverse?

What I mean by that is the majority of "popular" X-MEN are white.

Do you want a team filled with all white characters + Storm (Like TAS)

Or would you prefer a 7 man team for example with Cyclops & 6 Diverse heroes?

Or would you go around that by racebending characters like Beast, Angel, Rogue etc
    Why not make Cyclops or Jean (or both) black?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why not make Cyclops or Jean (or both) black?

Idk you tell me. I'm asking your opinion.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Idk you tell me. I'm asking your opinion.
    I guess it could work but that just me.

No excuse to lack diversity when you can race swap. The only X-Man who I think should be white always is Angel since he's the uber WASP.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Member

I personally don’t have a problem with the X-Men lineup even if Storm is the only POC for now. I just don’t want forced diversity.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I honestly would have no problem with them raceswaping some characters. For me it comes down to interesting powersets. There is nothing about Cyclops or Beast that says they has to be white. They could be black, latino, or asian and still be the same character. I would rather see and interesting team with interesting powers with some characters being racebent than I would jusst see them fill the screen with characters to fill a quota.

I know some people will argue with me but Storm sucks in live action. Her powers are just not interesting to see because they are so broad so they have to nerf her. I think well defined powers work best in the movies and as part of a team. Cyclops shoots beams. Beast jumps around, Nightcrawler teleports, Iceman freezes things. Those are well defined powers. Storm can control everything having even a little do with weather. It is just to broad.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 03-17-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    I personally don’t have a problem with the X-Men lineup even if Storm is the only POC for now. I just don’t want forced diversity.

I agree but I think that will cause backlash

I think they should do both. Use underused POC characters like Sunspot, Sunfire, Danielle, Jubilee, Bishop, etc alongside Storm (who's the one character I am 100% sure the MCU will do right by) and also raceswap on occasion

At the same time, you can easily raceswap for others. I'd prob leave the foreigners as is (Colossus, Magik, etc..):
    -Characters like Cyclops, Iceman, Rogue and many others don't have anything that specifies they have to be White. Could easily be Black or Brown
    -Logan spends so much time in Asia, it'd make sense if they wanted to cast an Asian actor as him
    -Likewise, I've even played around in my head with the idea of Prof X being played by a black man in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Forced diversity doesn't exist