Page 136 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 4870
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

-Logan spends so much time in Asia, it'd make sense if they wanted to cast an Asian actor as him
    I don't have any problem againts raceswaping characters like Jean, Bobby, Beast or Cyclops but i feel like wolverine being a little canadian hairy wolfman is part of who he is.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't have any problem againts raceswaping characters like Jean, Bobby, Beast or Cyclops but i feel like wolverine being a little canadian hairy wolfman is part of who he is.

I see this alot too. There alot of black people in Canada so Wolverine could be raceswapped. Once we go down this rabbit hole there's no stopping it.

That's why I prefer to leave the white people as is. And make new stars with the casual fan's. Im bias but I don't see why Bishop can't become a new A List star.

ALSO

Just as important as the race of the X-MEN is imo the start point for all of this.

Do we really need origins or explanation for why mutants are in the MCU? I mean we know why they are here (Disney bought FOX). Do we have to waste precious screen time on explaining the mutant phenomenon?
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 03-17-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Personally as a big Logan fan, I don't think it really matters too much what race he is since none of it really informs his background too much. If he were to be raceswapped though, casting an actor with a background from the First Nations would be very cool. That is a group of people who are very underrepresented and are as Canadian as you get

That said, I do agree with what ChildofAtom is saying in that since the X-Men actually have lots of diverse characters, raceswapping may anger their fans in addition to the usual complainers so it's something that they should use to a limit.

The X-Men have so many diverse characters like Bishop, Sunfire, Armor etc.. I want to see them used first along with whatever changes are made

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

maybe i used the wrong words but what i mean is that Logan's design (at least to me) is too iconic to change it so drastically.
    other characters i have no problem if they are raceswaped

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Imo this roster (have Psylocke as Japanese unless that's too much backlash) would check alot of boxes in diversity category.

This would make a great movie lineup imo

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I wouldn't mind Jean being black or asian or anything as long as she was still a redhead. But they usually don't do that...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    One of the biggest Wolverine problems is how he use lots of Asian things without being asian. one of the biggest problems on wolverine 2.
    Also there isn't nothing about being canadian and white

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wouldn't mind Jean being black or asian or anything as long as she was still a redhead. But they usually don't do that...
    Jean being a redhead is a character trademark

I don’t necessarily mind race swapping but I don’t think it needs to happen with the X-men. There where so many underused POC in the Fox films. Instead of making Cyclops black just use Bishop.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    But ya did say this:
    And?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That’s not a plot hole. Fury’s statement still stands and makes sense regardless of the events seen in CM 1. And, again, lying is in Nick Fury’s job description.
    Fury explicitly said that it was the events of Thor that made them realize they were not alone. And there is no denying it was a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yeah if you like the Fox X-Men yelling about MCU continuity errors and Comic Accuracy seem strange to put it kindly.
    I didn’t say I dislike the MCU. Just dislike what they were doing with Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Feige made it clear she will be one of the new faces of the MCU.
    And I don’t mind that. Just don’t like how they going at it because of how contrived it feels.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-17-2019 at 05:07 PM.

BANNED

Personally as a big Logan fan, I don't think it really matters too much what race he is since none of it really informs his background too much. If he were to be raceswapped though, casting an actor with a background from the First Nations would be very cool. That is a group of people who are very underrepresented and are as Canadian as you get
    Considering Logan is the son of an upper-class aristocratic woman in 19th Century Canada it kind of does. Unless you race swap Thomas Logan, but Logan himself still has to look enough like Jonathan Howlett to hide Elizabeth’s infidelity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Considering Logan is the son of an upper-class aristocratic woman in 19th Century Canada it kind of does. Unless you race swap Thomas Logan, but Logan himself still has to look enough like Jonathan Howlett to hide Elizabeth’s infidelity.
    Most of Wolverine Origins is meh at best, awful at worst lol. Wolverine at his peak popularity and likability is when his past was a complete mystery. Unlike someone like Batman's WASPy background, most of Wolverine Origins can easily be discarded and it won't hurt the character at all. Hell, it'll probably help him

BANNED

Most of Wolverine Origins is meh at best, awful at worst lol. Wolverine at his peak popularity and likability is when his past was a complete mystery. Unlike someone like Batman's WASPy background, most of Wolverine Origins can easily be discarded and it won't hurt the character at all. Hell, it'll probably help him
    I’m just sitting here enjoying the irony of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I’m just sitting here enjoying the irony of this.
    Irony of what lol? Am I wrong? Wolverine's past is most irrelevant to who he is as a character. Unlike guys like Batman or Spider-Man who have a very specific origin story that influenced who they were as characters, Logan's whole thing for several decades was that he didn't remember who he was. None of that Thomas Logan stuff influenced his character in the comics so it's as good as irrelevant. You could easily erase the whole thing and it wouldn't change anything. Hence, he doesn't need to be a White dude

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    And?

Fury explicitly said that it was the events of Thor that made them realize they were not alone. And there is no denying it was a retcon.

I didn’t say I dislike the MCU. Just dislike what they were doing with Carol.

And I don’t mind that. Just don’t like how they going at it because of how contrived it feels.
    Which can be writtten off as Fury intentionally lying to the Avengers in hopes to make them Earth’s mightiest heroes/ first line of defense.

We see Fury lie to them in the movie several times in the film in hopes off achieving that goal. So again, it’s not a plot hole. Just another example of Fury being Fury.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I don’t necessarily mind race swapping but I don’t think it needs to happen with the X-men. There where so many underused POC in the Fox films. Instead of making Cyclops black just use Bishop.
    Agreed. I wouldn't care terribly much if various classic X-Men like Scott, Jean, Hank, etc. got race or gender-swapped, but there's already a ton of great mutants of color to use, why even bother? Storm, Bishop, Sunfire, Jubilee, Forge, Moonstar, Thunderbird/Warpath, Sunspot, Karma, etc., etc. are all just right there waiting for their screen call, not to mention the tons of lesser-known mutants of color, like Monet or Surge or Nature Girl or Dust or Whiz Kid or the Collective Man or Prodigy or Kidogo or Synch or Bedlam.