Page 140 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Without Singerverse and 20th Century Fox you would never had MCU movies or even X-Men comics now.
    Yep. Kevin Feige’s career started with X1 and it was Donnor who got him a job at Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    True! Singerverse should've ended 10 years ago.
    Should’ve ended with DoFP and then Logan. Those were great films. Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix were unnecessary (and average in the case of Apocalypse, TBD for Dark Phoenix) but so what? It’s all back at Marvel Studios now, so we’re good. Onward and upward!

All I know is whoever they cast as Wolverine has big shoes to fill. I hope he’s appropriately intimidating and savage. Don’t care about height, and doesn’t need to be pretty. At least IMO. Just find somebody who can act and is a brick $#!thouse.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

FOX-MEN had a nice run. Now on to the 2020's
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Should’ve ended with DoFP and then Logan. Those were great films. Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix were unnecessary (and average in the case of Apocalypse, TBD for Dark Phoenix) but so what? It’s all back at Marvel Studios now, so we’re good. Onward and upward!

All I know is whoever they cast as Wolverine has big shoes to fill. I hope he’s appropriately intimidating and savage. Don’t care about height, but go in a different direction from Jackman at least in terms of his looks. He doesn’t need to be pretty. At least IMO.
    Guy who played Punisher (Jon Bernthal) would have made a great Logan IMO. Good actor and his face alone fits that of a guy who you don't wanna mess with. Also not bad looking but not conventionally attractive. Would have been great in the role

What arcs does everyone think they will use? Based on what we've seen from the MCU, it seems like most of the arcs are adapted from within the last 20 years (Winter Soldier, Civil War, Ultimates, Extremis, World War Hulk, etc..). I could see them pulling from some recent story arcs since I believe Feige has said that at some point in the 2000s, he was reading every current comic he could. We'll know for sure if Emma gets cast lol. Thanos stuff seems to be based off the 90s story though so they don't have to go with a recent story. I could see them use a variation of Ultimate X-Men and Whedon's Astonishing

No more Fox X-Men or Fantastic Four!

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Guy who played Punisher (Jon Bernthal) would have made a great Logan IMO. Good actor and his face alone fits that of a guy who you don't wanna mess with. Also not bad looking but not conventionally attractive. Would have been great in the role.
    Bernthal is picture perfect as the Punisher, though. I really can’t see him as anyone else. One suggestion that I’ve seen for MCU Wolverine which I kind of like is Jai Courtney. Yeah, I know he played Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad but different universe and it’s being rebooted anyway. He’s young, though, and jacked. And has the right swagger and $#!t-starter attitude that we didn’t get as much from Jackman. His Logan was gruff but ultimately a softie at heart. I’d love to see them start out with the character much like he was in the comics initially. In the 70s and 80s he really didn’t play so nice with everyone and was constantly talking smack and getting under folks’ skin. Especially other superheroes! That was fun, and I think Courtney could bring that to life. Really annoying guys like Captain America, or talking down to characters like Spider-man (“here, kid, hold my beer”). Over time he could evolve into the mentor and show more of his heart, just like he did in the comics. Taking younger X-men under his wing like Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Cannonball and Armor.

Just a thought. Another suggestion I kind of like is Travis Fimmel from Vikings.

What arcs does everyone think they will use? Based on what we've seen from the MCU, it seems like most of the arcs are adapted from within the last 20 years (Winter Soldier, Civil War, Ultimates, Extremis, World War Hulk, etc..). I could see them pulling from some recent story arcs since I believe Feige has said that at some point in the 2000s, he was reading every current comic he could. We'll know for sure if Emma gets cast lol. Thanos stuff seems to be based off the 90s story though so they don't have to go with a recent story. I could see them use a variation of Ultimate X-Men and Whedon's Astonishing
    I really was hoping for Secret Invasion after the Skrulls debuted in Captain Marvel, but I can see how the whole infiltration plot might seem too similar to Hydra. I’d love to see some of the Ultimate X-men stuff adapted for this films. Their “Avengers vs. X-men” in the Ultimate Universe was much better than the 616 version of that story. At least IMO. But my top hope is for the Mutant Massacre honestly. With Sinister and the Marauders as the villains.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-19-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Yep. Kevin Feige’s career started with X1 and it was Donnor who got him a job at Marvel Studios.
    He was LSD's assistant on Volcano and You've got Mail then she made him a producer on X-Men and Avi Arad hired him at Marvel Studios after being impressed by his work on X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    No more Fox X-Men or Fantastic Four!

Hear hear! If only Stan could have lived to see this!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    He was LSD's assistant on Volcano and You've got Mail then she made him a producer on X-Men and Avi Arad hired him at Marvel Studios after being impressed by his work on X-Men.
    I think I read somewhere that Donnor recommended him to Arad.

Bernthal is picture perfect as the Punisher, though. I really can’t see him as anyone else. One suggestion that I’ve seen for MCU Wolverine which I kind of like is Jai Courtney. Yeah, I know he played Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad but different universe and it’s being rebooted anyway. He’s young, though, and jacked. And has the right swagger and $#!t-starter attitude that we didn’t get as much from Jackman. His Logan was gruff but ultimately a softie at heart. I’d love to see them start out with the character much like he was in the comics initially. In the 70s and 80s he really didn’t play so nice with everyone and was constantly talking smack and getting under folks’ skin. Especially other superheroes! That was fun, and I think Courtney could bring that to life. Really annoying guys like Captain America, or talking down to characters like Spider-man (“here, kid, hold my beer”). Over time he could evolve into the mentor and show more of his heart, just like he did in the comics. Taking younger X-men under his wing like Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Cannonball and Armor.

Just a thought. Another suggestion I kind of like is Travis Fimmel from Vikings.

I really was hoping for Secret Invasion after the Skrulls debuted in Captain Marvel, but I can see how the whole infiltration plot might seem too similar to Hydra. I’d love to see some of the Ultimate X-men stuff adapted for this films. Their “Avengers vs. X-men” in the Ultimate Universe was much better than the 616 version of that story. At least IMO. But my top hope is for the Mutant Massacre honestly. With Sinister and the Marauders as the villains.
    For sure Bernthal is a fantastic Punisher. After seeing him as Castle, I don't think he could be anyoneone else at this point. I agree that they need to make Logan a dick. I think if he appears, it may be through some of his shield connections. I could easily see them introducing him as an old friend/mentor of Natasha and comrade/frenemy of Fury

I'm also hoping for Secret Invasion as the next big thing after Thanos simply because of how cool that concept is. They nailed it in Avengers: EMH and its epic in scale and something everyone (Avengers, FF, X-Men) would have to do together. Mutant Massacre would be dope. I think a lot of the first arc depends on how mutants are even introduced into the universe

Danny DeVito Logan, let's go.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Danny DeVito Logan, let's go.
    No, Danny is an M&M! I saw him turn into one. A Red one.

Well, he lived enough to know it was gonna happen at least.

Chris Evans went from playing human torch for fox to captain America for marvel. Not to mention brolin and Reynolds.

Point is, there is nothing stopping them from casting someone from dc films or any other films.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Chris Evans went from playing human torch for fox to captain America for marvel. Not to mention brolin and Reynolds.

Point is, there is nothing stopping them from casting someone from dc films or any other films.
    Yeah but Bernthal played Punisher in the MCU. That's a whole diff ballgame. He's not gonna get cast as a whole different MCU character after that