Page 233 of 325 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by jom2003 View Post
    also because Wolverine is very overrated in the "interesting character" department.
    To you they are other people who will disagree with that. Also The Wolverine is Wolverine running around without his healing factor for most the movie just saying that theory doesn't hold up. Wolverine solo issue was most fox messing up the tone of the character and interfering wanting movies to be big cgi block busters. Manigold was forced to put CGI silver samurai in the wolverine which killed what was a solid movie with a horrible ending.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-13-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    To you they are other people who will disagree with that. Also The Wolverine is Wolverine running around without his healing factor for most the movie just saying that theory doesn't hold up. Wolverine solo issue was most fox messing up the tone of the character and interfering wanting movies to be big cgi block busters. Manigold was forced to put CGI silver samurai in the wolverine which killed what was a solid movie with a horrible ending.
    Mangold ended up throwing a tantrum with Fox about the CGI silver samurai. Reason I know Mangold is done with marvel movies as MCU movies can't last two seconds without CGI, when you add that to their formulaic plots. You don't get anything below the surface.

I can see how many would want Spielberg to direct X-MEN. Spielberg is a pioneer of CGI Filmmaking but he had the intriguing stories, his stories hit the right messages. Jurassic Park, ET. Bryan Singer was very much like Spielberg as a filmmaker. This is also the reason DOFP works as an X-Men movie but Endgame necessarily wouldn't even though they have some important similarities like time travel and ''saving the world''.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-14-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Well yes, there have been rumours to that effect about Spielberg.

Quote Originally Posted by jom2003 View Post
    also because Wolverine is very overrated in the "interesting character" department. FOX has been overestimating the number of fans willing to come to the theatre and watch an invincible character putting up CGI fights again and again only to heal himself minutes after each fight. if you chop his head off, he will grow it right back. Why should the audiences care?

Without all the comic reliefs that Deadpool offers, it's extremely hard to build any sense of tension or urgency in movies strictly about an invincible character like Wolverine. which is why the first two wolverine movies sucked, and LOGAN worked only because he was no longer invincible. Wolverine is only interesting if you put him in a team environment IMO
    The operative part of the above being “IMO.” To the majority, he’s a fan favorite for a reason, and considered quite interesting. The most interesting X-man to a great number of folks. At least IMO.

Any X-men film without him almost wasn’t worth seeing honestly. Again, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The operative part of the above being “IMO.” To the majority, he’s a fan favorite for a reason, and considered quite interesting. The most interesting X-man to a great number of folks. At least IMO.

Any X-men film without him almost wasn’t worth seeing honestly. Again, IMO.
    People always forgets it here

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Been outta the loop for a little bit, but people are thinking that Spielberg is gonna direct X-Men? Not only do I not see that happening, but I also don't want it to happen. I want something fresh (or at least distinctly different) for the franchise going forward. Of course, I don't want it to be another homogenized MCU movie, either, but I don't see that happening in the current MCU.

I miss the Phase 1 and 2 days, where each film actually looked and felt different from the others. Now, it seems like the same people are making every freaking movie. They all look the same, every character uses pithy one-liners and the action feels very generic across films.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see what Zack Snyder would do with the property, at least from a visual perspective. Just give him a different writer than Chris Terrio: I liked the tone they used in Man of Steel and BvS: UE, but that wouldn't work for less archetypal characters like the X-Men.

Just my $0.02.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Mangold ended up throwing a tantrum...
    Classy.

/10char

BANNED

I can’t see Spielberg and Feige agreeing on anything. Spielberg is a lot more daring than Feige when it comes to storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I can’t see Spielberg and Feige agreeing on anything. Spielberg is a lot more daring than Feige when it comes to storytelling.
    What? I love Spielberg but when in film school the biggest argument I heard against him was he was the safest for the masses director there was.

I can't see Spielberg would want to do a traditional superhero film the DC/WB Blackhawks sounded more his kind of thing but if he did I don't see how in anyway Spielberg would clash with Feige.

BANNED

All Kevin Feige did is spearhead the most successful franchise in movie history. At this point if you can't acknowledge any of the positives and want to flood multiple threads with baseless attacks on him, you can probably just save us all the hassle, post it once, and keep your peace.

It's getting ridiculous.

I hope Feige finds a director off the grid, someone who has a vision for the X-men to operate like a true family and how that operates in a world that ostracizes them. Getting that right tonally and spiritually is something Fox never captured. They tried. In flashes they almost had it, but by and large it was a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    All Kevin Feige did is spearhead the most successful franchise in movie history. At this point if you can't acknowledge any of the positives and want to flood multiple threads with baseless attacks on him, you can probably just save us all the hassle, post it once, and keep your peace.

It's getting ridiculous.

It depends on who you talk too. frankly I am beginning to find this argument of success shallow. Avatar was the highest grossing movie of all time before Endgame. It was hardly a top 3 best James Cameron films, to the further contrary, Avatar is one of his most mocked movies. The hype of Endgame has gone , behold the flaws. Maybe no here cares about success because people see X-Men as more than another Disney Inc that can rake in billions.
    I hope Feige finds a director off the grid, someone who has a vision for the X-men to operate like a true family and how that operates in a world that ostracizes them. Getting that right tonally and spiritually is something Fox never captured. They tried. In flashes they almost had it, but by and large it was a failure.
    If you want to talk positives, this is one of the fews fox got right with X2, DOFP, Logan, First Class. it is likely what MCU wouldn't do right since MCU cares more about their connected universe than the individual set of heroes they have. Spiderman can't even say a word without the reminder he is in the MCU. MCU is getting less spiritual as their movies get more sterilized, Forget tone of X-men, we know the MCU tone of humor and comedy that is already terrifying X-fans. This is before that changing of magneto's origins argument.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-15-2019 at 02:12 AM.

I am going to go with no on The Russos. The brothers are likely going to make the same mistake Singer made with Wolverine. Give him unnecessary attention when he does not deserve it.

https://screenrant.com/russos-xmen-w...nity-war-snap/

The Russos would have snapped every x-man but Wolverine because they want to see wolverine beat up thanos. I can still pray for Spielberg. X-Men gets ''saving private ryaned''.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-17-2019 at 12:51 AM.

I know, right? An MCU X-Men movie might have them doing something stupid, like having a lighthearted baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I know, right? An MCU X-Men movie might have them doing something stupid, like having a lighthearted baseball game.
    Having a base ball game does not mean X-Men is the new GOTG or Fat Thor. Weren't X-men kids playing a foosball game in X-men 1? I feel as if you are mistaking x-men's seriousness for what Snyder was trying to do with batman v superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Been outta the loop for a little bit, but people are thinking that Spielberg is gonna direct X-Men? Not only do I not see that happening, but I also don't want it to happen. I want something fresh (or at least distinctly different) for the franchise going forward. Of course, I don't want it to be another homogenized MCU movie, either, but I don't see that happening in the current MCU.

I miss the Phase 1 and 2 days, where each film actually looked and felt different from the others. Now, it seems like the same people are making every freaking movie. They all look the same, every character uses pithy one-liners and the action feels very generic across films.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see what Zack Snyder would do with the property, at least from a visual perspective. Just give him a different writer than Chris Terrio: I liked the tone they used in Man of Steel and BvS: UE, but that wouldn't work for less archetypal characters like the X-Men.

Just my $0.02.
    The reason I still believe Dark Phoenix is worse than Batman v Superman. Visually, Snyder is a genius film maker. Man of Steel, 300, Sucker Punch, Batman v Superman. These movies are visually breathtaking. He is not a good writer of characters and the plot of his movies are terrible. Simon Kinberg has no talent in anything.

I won't still go for Snyder as a director with X-men, I would replace him with Nolan instead to direct and write X-Men as what Snyder tried to do was continue what Nolan did. I must warn that Nolan is not the best in directing hand to hand combats.

TDK and TDKR hand to hand combat fighting were sloppy and poorly choreographed , even I would be the first to admit that Ben Aflleck's Batman would beat the crap out of Christian Bale's Batman. I would say let Nolan write and direct and do the cinematography of X-Men, Let Snyder direct all the hand to hand combats. All just go with Spielberg, he can do it all.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-15-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I am going to go with no on The Russos. The brothers are likely going to make the same mistake Singer made with Wolverine. Give him unnecessary attaention when he does not deserve it.

https://screenrant.com/russos-xmen-w...nity-war-snap/

The Russos would have snapped every x-man but Wolverine because they want to see wolverine beat up thanos. I can still pray for Spielberg. X-Men gets ''saving private ryaned''.
    There is no mistake being made with Wolverine, Wolverine gets attention because fans like him. I have travel to DC fan land I have seen now DC fans do the same thing with Batman. Batman and Wolverine do not take away spotlight they give spotlight. People who are at good manage characters understand this fact. Anyways Russo did Cap/Iron Man how a Cyclops/Wolverine relationship is supposed to be and the made boy scout character in Cap cool to audiences and gigantic stuck up dick like Singer made Cyclops. The Russo would be awesome on the X-men. Plus Russo have proved they are 1,000 times better than anyone who has directed a Fox X- men movie at balancing character time on screen. Infinity War is a clinic like 20 to 25 significant characters are in the movie and they manage to give a Cap,Thor,Hulk,Iron Man, Scarlet Witch character arcs or sub stories and bunch of other characters got something small stuff to do. And the movie was still mostly about Thanos.