Page 309 of 325 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Mojo should never be used in any medium. He's insufferable and not in a good way.
    I actually think there’s room for a Mojo-like character in a retelling of Mojoverse-is-Genosha story. Exploiting an underclass for entertainment is a solid theme. I just can’t with everything else lol.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Mojo should never be used in any medium. He's insufferable and not in a good way.
    Not all villains are made to be liked, the majority just exists to make the heroes suffer.

There should be a Wolverine movie first, that takes place in the past and introduces the character in his own franchise. Then you do an original x-men film the same year of the next and then in its sequel you introduce the giant size x-men and put wolverine in it. I want Wolverine to be the star of his own movie but a cast member of the x-men films. Otherwise we will fall into the same bullshit as the fox movies.

It kind of sounds like that may be what they’re doing, at least if some of these rumors flying around lately are true. Seems like they really want to lean into Weapon X having screwed Logan up, and thus he’ll kind of be a bad guy at first. I’m betting the rumor about the X-men freeing him from Weapon X are legit, and also that he doesn’t join the X-men right away, thus giving other characters room to breathe without him. I feel confident we will see him fight the Hulk, possibly in a Disney+ series; and he will pop up here and there in places before eventually joining the X-men. This might be the best of all outcomes honestly, as it would allow him to be the “Nick Fury” of the mutant world. Meaning he cameos in a lot of MCU films and shows, but doesn’t hog a lot of screen time. Particularly in the X-men films.

Hell, if they ever get Deadpool 3 and/or that X-Force movie off the ground, he could even cameo there too to connect the darker, more R-rated Deadpool and X-Force corner of the mutant world to the broader PG-13 Marvel Cinematic Universe. It would be kind of perfect honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    That's one of the things that really gets me about the X-Men film franchise. Found family is a huge theme among the X-Men. Joss Whedon (a big X-Men fan) arguably introduces Hollywood or at least a generation within Hollywood to the idea through his TV shows like Buffy and Firefly. And then it spreads and becomes a big thing in stuff like the Fast and Furious movies and even the Avengers. Meanwhile, the X-Men movies do NOTHING with it. The only bonds they seem to care about between character are either love triangles or the Xavier/Magneto friendship. Heck, that Power Rangers movie from a while spent more time forging bonds between their characters (arguably too much, but still). If anything, the X-Men movies are more preoccupied with the idea of being a school. The Fast and Furious films are over there like "We're family! You don't turn on family!" and the X-Men are like "Look at us! We're a school! With teachers and classrooms and hundreds of students that you'll never really get to know!"

It's one of the reasons why I keep arguing that Jubilee should be a big part of the relaunch. I mean, sure, she's my favorite X-Man. But she also lives and breathes the whole "found family" thing. Like 60% of her character motivation has to do with the X-Men being her new family after losing her real parents. She went to join Generation X because her family was taking it on the chin and she couldn't help them, so she went to better herself. Heck, it's why the whole Shogo thing makes sense (though some disagree). I'm sure people wouldn't hesitate to argue the point, though.
    Totally agree! In the original trilogy they all functioned like co-workers rather than family and friends. Singer did a good job only with the dynamics that he cared about. For those that he didn't care about, they were just wallpaper. Ratner made it worse. Then JLaw entered lol.

If I made an X-Men film the movie would start with a young xavier and magneto in Israel revealing their powers to each other while fighting off a hydra cell or something like that. In the process of this happening Magneto loses his family, Wanda and Pietro get abducted by Von Strucker in a cameo. Or maybe even merge the stories and have like the shadow king was involved and xavier is crippled. Then fast forward to the future and xavier is recruiting cyclops while magneto recruits someone like toad or avalanche or pyro. And you have a montage of them recruiting everyone and the young x-men growing up in the school until they are about 21 years old. And so forth and eventually you have a similar origin story to the comics while merging modern elements to the O5 story. And you have them fight sentinels and the brotherhood of mutants in the same film. And you see at the end that the big bad is Apocalypse manipulating the humans into all out war. He will be the Thanos villain of the X-Films. And in the second movie you have Apocalypse abducting the x-men in krakoa with sinister and they make angel archangel and then Xavier sends the giant sized x-men minus tbird, sunfire and banshee to rescue them [keep the cast small]. You also meet the morlocks as experiments of sinister and they help the x-men but decide to live in the sewers instead.
    Third movie has the Marauders and a mutant massacre story but with the friends of humanity and so forth. IDK. Food for thought. The Hellfire club. Foreshadowing for the dark phoenix, etc. And this dark phoenix movie would be in space with the imperial guard and the moon fight. And Cyclops learning his origin. Man these movies write themselves how on earth did fox **** this up to begin with? These movies would not shy away from discussing racial issues and discrimination but would be packed with intense character moments, like wolverine being humanized and beast accepting his image and archangel being emo and so on and so on. And insane and I mean insane amounts of action.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    If I made an X-Men film the movie would start with a young xavier and magneto in Israel revealing their powers to each other while fighting off a hydra cell or something like that. In the process of this happening Magneto loses his family, Wanda and Pietro get abducted by Von Strucker in a cameo. Or maybe even merge the stories and have like the shadow king was involved and xavier is crippled. Then fast forward to the future and xavier is recruiting cyclops while magneto recruits someone like toad or avalanche or pyro. And you have a montage of them recruiting everyone and the young x-men growing up in the school until they are about 21 years old. And so forth and eventually you have a similar origin story to the comics while merging modern elements to the O5 story. And you have them fight sentinels and the brotherhood of mutants in the same film. And you see at the end that the big bad is Apocalypse manipulating the humans into all out war. He will be the Thanos villain of the X-Films. And in the second movie you have Apocalypse abducting the x-men in krakoa with sinister and they make angel archangel and then Xavier sends the giant sized x-men minus tbird, sunfire and banshee to rescue them [keep the cast small]. You also meet the morlocks as experiments of sinister and they help the x-men but decide to live in the sewers instead.
    Third movie has the Marauders and a mutant massacre story but with the friends of humanity and so forth. IDK. Food for thought. The Hellfire club. Foreshadowing for the dark phoenix, etc. And this dark phoenix movie would be in space with the imperial guard and the moon fight. And Cyclops learning his origin. Man these movies write themselves how on earth did fox **** this up to begin with? These movies would not shy away from discussing racial issues and discrimination but would be packed with intense character moments, like wolverine being humanized and beast accepting his image and archangel being emo and so on and so on. And insane and I mean insane amounts of action.
    I like your idea for tying in the first movie to Hydra. It's going to be hard to figure out a timeline since presumably Mags can't be a teen during the Holocaust (which has also been done twice by FOX already). Showing the development of the school would also be a good introduction and not exactly repetitive if done right. I would even tie this in with the young students being the O5 and wanting to get involved with what they're seeing in Avengers (2012), but Xavier forbidding it (kind of like early New Mutants stories). This would explain how they've existed without being noticed for so long. The resolving of the snap would then cause a boom in mutant powers activating and BAM, we have mutants in Phase 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Lol sinister is a terrible villain for a MCU XMen movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Why is that iyo?
    He’s too niche. Not counting his more recent work with Krakoa, his activities as a “villain” rank more toward the mastermind or manipulator. He’s a messy catch-all character with nebulous motivations and ineffective results. You need clarity of purpose with XMen.

He’s too niche. Not counting his more recent work with Krakoa, his activities as a “villain” rank more toward the mastermind or manipulator. He’s a messy catch-all character with nebulous motivations and ineffective results. You need clarity of purpose with XMen.
    Just because I’m curious who would you like to see based on that assessment? Clarity of purpose to me says Magneto, Apocalypse or Stryker.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Just because I’m curious who would you like to see based on that assessment? Clarity of purpose to me says Magneto, Apocalypse or Stryker.
    Those three DO serve, but I think for the first film you need to establish that the status quo is the enemy, and build from there. Fox-Men 1 started there with Senator Kelly, but dropped it in favor of an Evil Brotherhood story. The first film needs to almost entirely focus on the different heroes and their positions in this status quo, not some megalomaniacal personality with moving-target-motivations.

I’d start the franchise with Sentinels: big, medium, and Master Mold —and end on a slightly different Krakoa. The first film needs to establish a change in the world, prompting a change in the X-Men.

just because we were on the subject, this man:

tomEllis.jpg

should play Sinister. Tom Ellis is basically already playing him on Lucifer. At least the more recent, cheeky version of Dr. Essex.

Those three DO serve, but I think for the first film you need to establish that the status quo is the enemy, and build from there. Fox-Men 1 started there with Senator Kelly, but dropped it in favor of an Evil Brotherhood story. The first film needs to almost entirely focus on the different heroes and their positions in this status quo, not some megalomaniacal personality with moving-target-motivations.

I’d start the franchise with Sentinels: big, medium, and Master Mold —and end on a slightly different Krakoa. The first film needs to establish a change in the world, prompting a change in the X-Men.
    I like it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I wonder if they might have Wolverine show up with Alpha Flight first before he joins the X-Men.

That’s what it’s sounding like from all the rumors.

Astonishing Member

That's something the MCU can fill the gaps in and improve, if they can turn the Vulture into a great villain they can do that to Sinister. He also would serve as a step up to Apocalypse. Why is villain in quotes?