Page 214 of 325 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4870
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    good stuff: Live action tv shows about teenagers who were role models to kids. I don't know what is on now. I am obviously no longer a teen. In my teen years to early 20s My Disney generation was Lizzie Maguire, hannah Montana, camp rock, high school musical, That's so raven. I really don't know what is on in 2019, the market is no longer for me. all were good shows, it was balanced entertainment that I could watch teens drinking, having sex, fighting with their parents constantly on the OC or Dawson's Creek and watch teens behaving so good and well mannered on disney television.

20% of MCU movies fall in the good stuff. When MCU does not get formulaic.

bad stuff: Live action movies of animated classics, many of the MCU films, marvel cartoons.

high art: Pixar films and Disney animated movies

cash grab: all of the above.

X-Men falls in the cash grab bracket for Disney.
    Why are you using "formulaic" as a criticism? Every movie adheres to a formula it just so happens that Feige has tapped into a formula that generates fun and enjoyable movies for the masses but the thing that makes the MCU successful compared to DC or the Fox X-men movies is the care and planning that goes into it and staying true to the source material while not being a slave to it.

I couldn't give a wet fart if your superhero movie is "experimental" or art hause if the story and characterizations just plain suck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    All I'm saying is that I don't like Disney's version of Spider-Man, Thor and Hulk one bit, and I worry about what they'll do to the X-Men. Do I really need a joke every 2 minutes smashed on top of my head as they talk about the mutant storyline? Ehhhhhhh.
    The MCU X-Men is going to be a disaster. We going to get X-Men with no personality, tones and tones of bad cgi, juvenile one liners, no suspense, no real love interest and weak villains.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-25-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Why are you using "formulaic" as a criticism? Every movie adheres to a formula it just so happens that Feige has tapped into a formula that generates fun and enjoyable movies for the masses but the thing that makes the MCU successful compared to DC or the Fox X-men movies is the care and planning that goes into it and staying true to the source material while not being a slave to it.
    Everything you said is not only mostly true, it exposes the problems or negatives of Marvel, DC, Fox. the only place I don't agree with you is, you don't see it as a negative that mcu formula sucks. DC and Fox, because of the stigma of batman and robin had to be a step ahead of ''greatest fun and enjoyable stuff''. which is the most cliche and generic definition of superhero films that does not reflect the source material correctly. We know comic films can go deeper than ''greatest fun and enjoyable stuff''. X-Men 1 kicking things off in Hitler's Germany was to kill the cliche definition that superhero films are only about ''greatest fun''. Why MCU has rode that formula of ''greatest fun'' with almost 23 movies sucks to me because they now have X-Men.

I couldn't give a wet fart if your superhero movie is "experimental" or art hause if the story and characterizations just plain suck.
    Because of Batman and Robin, superhero movies got more experimental or art house. its still going on in 2019. Most of them don't suck since sucking doesn't mean when movies are not part of the MCU.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-25-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    DUH!

The MCU X-Men is going to be a disaster. We going to get X-Men with no personality, tones and tones of bad cgi, juvenile one liners, no suspense, no real love interest and weak villains.
    Can you give me the winning lotto numbers while you’re at it?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Disney haters always crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just don’t understand how someone could be so upset over this. The MCU is a success. Why someone wouldn’t want the X-men to be apart of it is beyond me.

I just don’t understand how someone could be so upset over this. The MCU is a success. Why someone wouldn’t want the X-men to be apart of it is beyond me.
    They can hate all they want. The X-Men film franchise is definitely moving on to greener pastures especially after that turd known as Dark Phoenix. And that goes double for the Fantastic Four, who never had a good movie to their name unlike the X-Men.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    They can hate all they want. The X-Men film franchise is definitely moving on to greener pastures especially after that turd known as Dark Phoenix. And that goes double for the Fantastic Four, who never had a good movie to their name unlike the X-Men.
    Honestly, Dark Phoenix would have been somewhat better received if it wasn’t pushed as a Dark Phoenix movie since there really was no evil Jean in the movie(was the point of the story) or a grand finale like it was so misleadingly marketed. Not saying that it would have gotten glowing reviews though, but I have come to this conclusion after reading over a hundred of reviews.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-25-2019 at 08:02 PM.

If all these Fox-Men movies had just not been called X-Men, I could accept them better. But if you use the comics title(s), you invoke the comics, and you invite comparison. If your product isn't better, or at least as good, as the original, you invite criticism and scorn.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The worst-case scenario is genric BUT fun action movies that special effect heavy and solid dose of comedy. Movies you watch once or twice and enjoy but aren't deep enough to enjoy endlessly. The one thing you are guaranteed with a Marvel is that you will enjoy it in a theater. Honestly, I can live with 6 movies that I walk out of the movie theater happy but never watch again in a meaningful manner.

I don't get complainers there is no "real" fan who didn't enjoy watching Infinity Wars and Endgame once. That is the fate we are being "doomed" to fun action movies that you see once and might not hold up forever. Here is the thing I remember the other side I remember Daredevil, Electra, I remember all the Fantastic four movies, I remember Wolverine Origins and X3, I remember X-men Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, I remember Spiderman 3, Amazing Spiderman 2. If we are being given a choice between 24 solid fun movies and some amazing movies but you have to watch some pure trash movies as well. Give me 24 fun solid movies.

I’m not saying I think the mcu xmen willl be as bad as the other guy you quoted, but I do think the mcu films have some shortcomings that I don’t look forward to.

Overall I think it’ll be improvement- but there are definitely some taste differences that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. And that’s ok.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Can you give me the winning lotto numbers while you’re at it?
    If I had the winning lotto numbers I would keep them for myself

Unfortunately, it’s a better chance that the MCU’s X-Men will be a disaster, than either of us winning the lotto.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-26-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Spiderman, Thor, Hulk are the new pixar characters.I have been told this many times. I just don't buy it. Spiderman and Hulk have too much live action history to know what we should expect.

Thor 1 is the most ''popular'' Thor movie. What sucked most about Thor 3 was the humor
    Just a little too much humor in Thor 3. Was a little cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    DUH!

I just want Scott and Emma then they can do whatever, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m not saying I think the mcu xmen willl be as bad as the other guy you quoted, but I do think the mcu films have some shortcomings that I don’t look forward to.

Overall I think it’ll be improvement- but there are definitely some taste differences that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. And that’s ok.
    Best way to describe it! They're not bad, but their shortcomings stack up enough for me to be all "meeeeeeeeeeh".

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Unfortunately, we have a wait on our hands... we won't know for a bit if the MCU X-Men will be a hit or not. I can guarantee, some will love and some will hate, that's just the sides we all fall on nowadays.

Fox gave me some great moments and memories with their XCU... and I am open to what the MCU will do, I will see if it appeals to me. The MCU has its own formula when it comes to their films, it will have a different flavor.

Hopefully, they will start building towards them in the background of the upcoming MCU films to show what world they are creating for mutants.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If all these Fox-Men movies had just not been called X-Men, I could accept them better. But if you use the comics title(s), you invoke the comics, and you invite comparison. .
    Same thing with Disney. Only difference is we are called ''Disney haters''.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Discussing the flaws of Disney is not hate.

Because the ''somebodies'' expect more than what disney movies. Does the sucess of FFH change anything it is not the best Spiderman movie it could have been? people want something more than the generic disney formula for franchises they loved that disney took over.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Just a little too much humor in Thor 3. Was a little cringe.

I just want Scott and Emma then they can do whatever, lol.

Best way to describe it! They're not bad, but their shortcomings stack up enough for me to be all "meeeeeeeeeeh".
    The shortcomings continues to increase with every movie. Every movie they have released this year have all had a better self within the MCU.

Endgame, Captain Marvel and Homecoming are basically a retelling of Avengers 1, Iron Man 1 and Dr Strange, only difference is the scripts in the older movies are less juvenile.

Franchises are supposes to progress. Neither disney and fox were progressing. Fox started on a much higher starting point approaching superhero movies. Disney started on a childish path, after 23 movies. they are still on a childish path and its getting worse. Reason MCU don't stark up for me either and the humor is unbearable.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-26-2019 at 12:16 AM.